Do not judge a dog by its cover...

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 25, 2003, 9:01 PM

Post #1 of 24 (3377 views)
Shortcut
Do not judge a dog by its cover... Can't Post

Typical:-

"Oh..i m getting this dunno what dog with the fluffy white coat like in the movie leh..very expensive wan u know". These people see dogs with long, nice coat like spitz, shihtzu or pekingese, they'll say those r 'good-type' dogs - like those dogs have status and looks expensive but when they see more normal looking dogs like labs - they think it's 'lousy-type' dog. Do not judge a dog by its cover. These r the type of ppl who usually buy dogs for the purpose of showing off and then find out later that their cute looking dogs' attitude doesnt suit them and then dump them. Maybe they r the ones that should go to SPCA instead of their dogsLaugh

Solution:-

Spend on urself . It will cost less to dress urself in the latest designer wear from head-to-toe than to buy an expensive-looking dog to show off.

Note:-

Even mongrels come from pure-breeds!! There is no such thing as "no-breed".

Another typical scenario:

Dog owners who have never even said hello to their dogs. The purpose of their dogs are for showing-off or to guard their precious home. Don't be surprised but there are many ppl like that - just spend a fortune to send the dog for guarddog training, feed them, buy them a designer dog collar and that's it. Come on people - the dog can't even tell the difference if u buy them a $2 collar or a $2000 collar. What..they r gonna tell the other dogs = "Hey look, i have an LV collar u know, u leh?"Wink

Solution:-

Invest in the most sophisticated alarm system on the market. Again, this will cost less than the dog and an unloved, uncared dog may attack u as well as the intruder because they hardly know u..Tongue

Suggestions:

Do ur homework. Learning about dogs can be as fun as buying the dog too. At least, know something about the dog that u r have or gonna get.

Hopefully puppy.com.my will educate more ppl about dogs. Smile
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

(This post was edited by junkgirl on Jul 26, 2003, 4:43 AM)

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 28, 2003, 7:08 PM

Post #2 of 24 (3355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junkgirl] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

ehhh, dog can "jaga pintu" free mahhh! U know, 2 meals and can "jaga" whole day. The cheapest labour cost & highest ROI in the world!!! Pirate where to get?
I love the one: . Maybe they r the ones that should go to SPCA instead of their dogs Laugh

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

arial
Dog Kichi

Jul 28, 2003, 9:13 PM

Post #3 of 24 (3351 views)
Shortcut

Welcome junkgirl, seen your postings and you're so right!

All dogs are dogs... whether pedigreed / not!

All dogs goes to heaven but not so dog - lovers!!! ( he he!!!)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 1, 2003, 9:59 PM

Post #4 of 24 (3319 views)
Shortcut

Good postSmile very informative for those who are "against" mixed bred dogs.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

makrawl
Canine Addict

Aug 8, 2003, 1:01 AM

Post #5 of 24 (3296 views)
Shortcut

bingo. these suggesstion really give those pigs a knock at the head. if u really wanna show off and draw attention of the public, strip themsleves lah!Pirate

yeah, dogs' job r not so "spesific" now a days. jaga pintu is definately an ancient job. just like melombong bijih timah for human decades ago. i crate them up at night (my mom said" don't know why u keep dogs but crate them at night?") i'm worry whenever they roam free in the compound at night. who knows if there's anything bad might happen? i'll bring them along when the whole family is going out for a visit as someone's place (doggy friendly house). i always wanna go home early if i leave them at home for too long. i think they r more than dogs to me.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 8:28 PM

Post #6 of 24 (3289 views)
Shortcut

YOU ARE JUST SO SO SO RIGHT!!!
There's no such breed as NO BREED.. it's a DOG.. and Dog lovers are suppose to LOVE THEM ALL!!!

I really hate those ppl who knows NUTZ about taking care about thier dogs.. some can't even take care of themselves and here they are shopping for a dog! GOSH!!!

Especially those boyfriends who watches TOO MUCH TV Series.. goes outside and purchase a dog for his galfriend who doesn't even know where to start when the dog is brought home.. ended up taking care by thier folks.. who probably kicked the dog around.. sad man.. damn sad....

My advise to these ppl... Get a life first....

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #7 of 24 (3281 views)
Shortcut

Way to go, JunkGirl.

Your words are so true but I'm sure all dog owners in this forum, will never treat their lovely dogs like in your senario...right guys/gals?

I never will place my darling Julie in a dangerous position, just to watch my house. I would rather lost everything in the house but never my Julie. I always say hello to her and she is so happy to greet me with jumping on me. When I say goodbye to leave the house, she seems to know and become less excited.

Dogs are amazing...don't you agree? So dog owners out there, treat your dogs like how you will treat yourself and never assume your dog is just a dog....
They sometimes has something much more than human....hehehe

See ya

Love,
Jennifer

~Julie - My beloved mixed terrier ~
**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 21, 2003, 2:00 AM

Post #8 of 24 (3259 views)
Shortcut

true man,
i know a couple wif a dother... at first bought a shizu (u should know how cute tey look when puppy) bcos the dother want it..then after 1/2 year want 2 dump the poor pup 2 spca; reason, no time lar, lots of fur lar, nauty lar, thislar, tatlar...i faster ask her 2 giv it 2 me (i took tat poor guy 2 my aunty house; he'is now fatter, happier, smarter, most important being loved)..... then after not even 1/2 year, u know wat happen?? tey got another shizu puppy.... MadMadwat tey think tey r doin??? tey think tey can easiy dump the pup away again when tey dont want it...MadMad tis kind of ppl should b bring 2 'da ba'..MadMadMad

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 10:23 PM

Post #9 of 24 (3253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

MadMadMad how long have they had the puppy now? well, better get ready to find a good home for it..

i was one of those pesky kids who would beg their parents for a dog..but i'm not the type to keep it as a pup and then dump it.. MadMad
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 21, 2003, 10:31 PM

Post #10 of 24 (3251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

well, u better not b the one...Unsure
got a bad news...FrownFrownFrown i just mention tis 2 may bf yesterday..he told me tat the puppy oredi dead...he called them one day & the wife told him tat...he didnt tell me...so i dont know.. he also dont want 2 ask her y the pup die...MadMadMadFrown

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 10:41 PM

Post #11 of 24 (3251 views)
Shortcut

"da ba"??too harsh la...

some idiots are like that...buy puppies because they are so cute and adorable...later dump them at one corner because they are no longer as cute as before...

pesky children also one of the factors contributing to growing numbers of strays...

and bf out there,please think twice before getting a pup for your gf!! it's a living thing and not a toy where you can dump later on....like one of the member quoted "a dog is for life"...think before you buy..

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 22, 2003, 5:07 AM

Post #12 of 24 (3246 views)
Shortcut

SmileDon't worry..I'm not..all the dogs i had past away..

MadMadMad such a waste..jaz's friend something like that..treat the dog like an accessory and doesn't take care of it properly..

i guess they're probably planning to get another dog..MadMad
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 22, 2003, 4:58 PM

Post #13 of 24 (3241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont know if tey will get a dog again.... but then, i dont even want 2 know... i explained 2 them wat a dog really need (not luxury but love & time & eternity) tey just "yeah, yeah, yeah, rite" MadMadMad

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 22, 2003, 8:23 PM

Post #14 of 24 (3236 views)
Shortcut

i've nvr heard of anyone being so ignorantMad

i mean c'mon. u've had a dog once,that didn't turn out well. you had a second dog, and that didn't tun out well either. and they're might wanna get a 3 rd one? unless they plan to change the way they treat the dog, i don't see the point in keeping one and then letting it die/give away.MadMad

not only wasting time and effort, but money also
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 22, 2003, 9:32 PM

Post #15 of 24 (3232 views)
Shortcut

well, wat can we do??? some ppl just feel tat its teir money & its teir dog... tats y i rather dont want 2 know about it...UnsureUnsure

Gwendolyn
Novice

Aug 23, 2003, 1:18 AM

Post #16 of 24 (3227 views)
Shortcut

HAHAHAH this is so ridiculous, buy puppy bcos it's cute when they are small, like that cham lor... all human babies also cute, then when we r big oredi, our parent can throw us away oredi issit? reason is because not cute anymore? hahaha this is so stupid...
~Gwen~

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 23, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #17 of 24 (3225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwendolyn] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

huh??Unsure u still can laugh ar??Unsure
well good point u hav there. think i should introduce u 2 tat family & let u try 2 talk 2 them...Smile

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 28, 2003, 6:07 AM

Post #18 of 24 (3204 views)
Shortcut

SmileWell said....deserve 100% to reflect the society today. I've known many ppl...and alot in fact and i have fantastic stories to tell too.

Couple 1: bought a shih tzu....so cute, that's why i buy. Months latercomplained that the dog needs too much grooming...bring to petshop, whole body tangle but don't wanna cut the hair becoz it'll look horrible....imagine the tangle all over the body and ticks too.

Couple 2: Bought a pom, without cert...months later the so called pom turned into spitz with long legs and not pom looking at all.....brought to SPCA.

Couple 3: Bought a female lab, has hips problem and only discovered it after 6 months....sold it to the breeder for 300 and u know for what purpose...what'll happen to the pups i wonder?

Couple 4: Bought has a female yorkshire barely 5 month...wants to find a a mate so can earn extre buckss coz the pups r pricey? is she a puppy making machine?

Future couple 5: bought a husky, a dog which needs lots of attention due to the weather. Cannot maintain, cost high, lots of skin problem..... howls at night, neighbours complain....ended up on the road one day, like a wolf

This are true stories.... it is really essential and crucial to educate the ppl what is responsibility b4 owning a dog. Kids wanting the dog is not the right reason to buy a dog, what do they know about responsibilities? Folks nowaday are rich...another trend is to buy and sell dogs. Bought one....not so good quality, sell and buy a new one. Easy as ABC. Have they even stopped once to think about what the pups r feeling? Or at least think get to know the temperament of the breed they r purchasing. True...they r the ones who should go to SPCA. They r the ppl who made up strays... Mad

melissa_tian
New User

Sep 26, 2003, 4:22 PM

Post #19 of 24 (3151 views)
Shortcut

More like, do not judge a dog by its FUR. Hehe... Anyway, I totally agree with what you said. These people are inhuman!! I would never do that. Maybe in the past, I would have, sad to say. But I'm older now!! And definitely WISER... Ya, you all don't know... I'm only 18. Hehe...

I've got another scenario for you. My freakingly-rich cousins bought a Golden Retriever named Bimmer. Sent him off to training and he came back err... trained, I think. So anyway, they kept him in a pen, maybe 3-4 square metres and never bothered with him unless they wanted to play or show him to their friends. The maid lets it out at night and in the morning he gets the paper, then is locked up again. He never got to be taken out for a walk!!!!!! =( They disposed of him when they moved, dunno why... And then they got another puppy, toy gorup... Dunno what breed, kept it in a pen all day long, not even 2 square metres and never bothered to train it or anything. Only took it out to play with or to show off (again). Now it's grown. They moved and brought it along with it... BUT it's in the yard, the maid feeds it, bathes it, takes care of its poo. When I went to visit them, there was no sign that they even had a dog. It was kept out of sight. For convenience, I suppose.

Poor tyke... =(

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 16, 2003, 8:03 PM

Post #20 of 24 (3115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa_tian] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

are you melissa tian pei xuan?
i'm amanda lee jiahui.
nice to found you here in this forum.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

waikc
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2003, 7:36 PM

Post #21 of 24 (3065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

i can sort of understanding now...having never own a dog before, now i know how much hardwork it is to take care of one! it's like taking care of a baby! but the thing i have to say is that, i'm not complaining, and i enjoy every minute of it with my wife...heheheh! can't wait to go home every evening to play with the fella.

now i will be able to advise friends and such on whether they're ready to have a dog or not. many people just gave in so easily to cute puppies, never realizing that the pups will grow up soon enough (less than a year) to become dogs. then they throw the dog away because it's no longer cute? aiseh...

waikc
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2003, 7:40 PM

Post #22 of 24 (3064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa_tian] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

wah...these fellas...think the dog is some ornament to place around the house or garden is it? really pity these dogs...these may be the same people who mistreat people as well...

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2003, 7:49 PM

Post #23 of 24 (3063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [waikc] Do not judge a dog by its cover... [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with you! Frown

Wouldn't it be easier if you have a fake dog that you can get from some shop and place in the garden instead of getting a loving animal who is being displayed in a pen? What's the point of getting a dog if you treat it like this???

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

alyn
Novice

Nov 1, 2003, 9:33 AM

Post #24 of 24 (3056 views)
Shortcut

I sincerely believe that children should not be the ones to decide getting pets especially fluffy dogs/cats. The whole family must consider spending time and money on their pets. It's rather unreasonable to expect a child (below 10 years old) to maintain a pet on his/her own. And for a dog's sake, do not ever consider getting long-haired ones if you don't have the time or can't afford regular grooming. At least give the poor thing a decent puppy-cut to avoid uncomfortable and painful mats or skin problems. It maddens me to read or witness owners who suddenly dump their pets because the animals have become a "hassle" in their lives.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my