Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Tooth changing....errr normal kah?

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 24, 2003, 4:47 PM

Post #1 of 19 (3661 views)
Shortcut
Tooth changing....errr normal kah? Can't Post

Hi there Daisygal here...a question I wanna ask members...yesterday night while cleaning my 4 months old ECS pup, Daisy, I found out that there was a tooth loose hanging on her gums...like its falling off...I was worried that she might bang herself on something hard...then later that day the tooth disappeared....some said at 4 month or so...pups change tooth like how human changes their tooth...TRUE ka?....there wasnt much bleeding just a lil sight of blood...so far its ok...but just wanna know if the teeeth changing myth is true??....thanxx lot members

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2003, 5:01 PM

Post #2 of 19 (3657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaisyGal] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi daisygal...

it's true... my bichon x shih tzu mix just changed his teeth about 1 month ago... like yours it was hanging loose from his gums then the next day disappear already...and within one week the whole tooth grow out...

so dun worry... it's normal... and also dun worry if u cannot find the tooth coz most of the time, the puppy will just swallow the tooth. i was keeping such a close watch on dewey hoping that i can see the moment the tooth drop out and managed to keep it but no such luck... he was faster than me....now u see it, now u dun!

jac

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 24, 2003, 5:57 PM

Post #3 of 19 (3654 views)
Shortcut

Yup ... your puppy is changing it's tooth. So no worries...

Regards,
Swee Eng

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 24, 2003, 6:12 PM

Post #4 of 19 (3652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jacng] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jacng...thanx lot for the info...hehehe...i was pissed worried when my gf said Daisy's tooth fall off...hehehe...first time having a furkid.....lighten up my day alot...thanxxx

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 24, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #5 of 19 (3651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanxxxx alot swee eng for the info

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 25, 2003, 10:44 AM

Post #6 of 19 (3639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi guys,

hi, just wanna share with ya about Hunter's tooth fallin' experience... he was a healthy boy as a puppy and of course, he had his tooth-fallin' season too at around 4 months.

all the teeth grew back quickly, but there was one that did not grow (and i have been hopefully waiting for it to grow... until now :/ )so like, there's a gap at the side of his mouth now. i think the big teeth at the side is a gonner.

at least he didn't lose his front tooth. that'd look awful :)

regards,
yellow-toothed hunter

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 25, 2003, 5:43 PM

Post #7 of 19 (3637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanxxx alot hunter....by the way r u going to the gathering...Aug 3??....I havent been there b4...anyone also allowed issit?....

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 25, 2003, 6:52 PM

Post #8 of 19 (3636 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

yes! you're most certainly welcomed to the gathering :) anyone who love dogs could participate. do take along ur dog too. bet he/she will have loads of fun that day. i know my dog did every gathering.

just go to the event section and kindly add your name to the list.

regards,
hunter

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 25, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #9 of 19 (3633 views)
Shortcut

thanxxx alot hunter....hope to see u there!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 25, 2003, 10:18 PM

Post #10 of 19 (3631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Sparkle's teeth actually came out when he sneezed...two actually Wink and the rest came out one by one and the new ones grew too.

Li Peng, Sparkle's teeth got knocked out too (the second teeth - newly grown one) when he and Tyler were playing rough one day. I tot that was the end of the teeth but it grew back in about 2 weeks!! PHEW!! Luckily he doesn't need dentures...

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 25, 2003, 11:42 PM

Post #11 of 19 (3626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

new tooth knocked out and grow again? that's a miracle! somemore, it's in merely 2 weeks time. pretty fast. how old was he then? still a puppy?

regards,
hunter

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 26, 2003, 12:22 AM

Post #12 of 19 (3624 views)
Shortcut

Hi Li Peng,

He was about 5 months old then Smile

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 26, 2003, 12:24 AM

Post #13 of 19 (3623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

still a puppy. maybe it's a tooth growing season or something... :/ my dog's tooth never grow back.

regards,
hunter

ginl
ALPHA

Jul 27, 2003, 7:58 AM

Post #14 of 19 (3613 views)
Shortcut

Hunter's tooth never grew back? How come like that? Which tooth and how did he knock it? Crazy

One of Biscuit's little front teeth is slightly chipped....it happened when he was 7 or 8 mths old....back then he had a hobby of biting and scraping his teeth to the wall Mad

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 27, 2003, 10:35 PM

Post #15 of 19 (3608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi gina,

yeah, we were "waiting" for the tooh to grow, but never did grow back :/ it's the 2nd last tooth at the lower jaw, quite a big tooth. and why it's missing is still a mystery.

lol, scraping his teeth to the wall ???? hahaahha. biscuit is probably suggesting to you that it's time to re-paint the house :))

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 29, 2003, 6:20 PM

Post #16 of 19 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Ha! Ha! Jaz was playing with me on my bed one day... then she went 'Khhuuk Khhaak' and out she spit out her tooth!!! the two of us was just so curious and stare at the fallen tooth! ahhahahahahh!! Wow! first time ever seen a dog's tooth! ahhahaahh! Laugh But it grew back really fast though...

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 10:17 AM

Post #17 of 19 (3595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Tooth changing....errr normal kah? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

lol, maybe Jaz was wondering wat just fall out from her mouth too :)) once i was playing with Hunter with a piece of towel (tug of war) and moments after i pulled off the towel his front tooth was missing!!! apparently it fall out and stucked at the towel :/

this is really embarrassing but, when my dog's tooth fall out the first time, i got so worried that i wanted to take him to the vet :|

ai. first dog, no knowledge about tooth changing.

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 4:25 PM

Post #18 of 19 (3591 views)
Shortcut

HAAHAH!! yeah, never knew that too in the first place.. was pretty surprise.. both of us was bodoh-bodoh examining what's that white thing on my bed! ahahhahah!!! and Jaz was trying to bite it away some more! Smile

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 30, 2003, 9:42 PM

Post #19 of 19 (3586 views)
Shortcut

no worries man... mocha previously also had the same thing. her gums was also bleeding (scare me that time) but later after much observation, I found out from the members that she is having her tooth changing time.

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my