Can an old dog learn new tricks??

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Kowie
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 7:56 AM

Post #26 of 38 (1489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Can an old dog learn new tricks?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah! They were very cute together especially since he was so much bigger. Both always trying to boss the other one around but in the end Ah Meow would give in.Wink She got really depressed when he died though (snake bite)Frown. She lost a lot of weight but luckly managed to get her to start eating properly a few months ago. Is that normal behaviour?? Anyway, she has two new friends now, the neighbour's cats. They like to sunbathe together. Ah Kow's a bit weird yah?? Don't like dogs but likes cats....Unsure

I definately can recognise MochaSmile so I guess when I spot her the other Min Pin must be Summer. Oh and I've seen pictures from the previous gathering so I think I'll be able to recognise you... Hopefully lah!Tongue

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 31, 2003, 11:45 PM

Post #27 of 38 (1483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Can an old dog learn new tricks?? [In reply to] Can't Post

good lar like that unlike mocha hates cats but can't blame her coz all the cats running abt in my are likes to 'tease' her and make her bark none stop ! sometimes I feel like slapping the cat for teasing mocha like that especially at night ! drives me nuts man esp with all the nite meowing around .. hahahahah

since u gotto get your name tag from me, i guess u gotto recognise me lor or else no name tag for u lor. :P

cheers,
minglmy

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 1, 2003, 7:23 AM

Post #28 of 38 (1480 views)
Shortcut

Hehe! I bet Mocha must be very fed up, everytime kena teased. Yah.. Some of the cat owners in my neighbourhood very inconsiderate. Leave the cats outside at night then they go fight with the strays. Like you said, very noisy!!Mad Sometimes when I come home I find Ah Kow chasing a stray cat around the house.. Not too sure how they get in.. But I get worried that they'll hurt her..Unsure

Aiyah! Forgot you're giving the name tags out.. Tongue Like then I'm sure I'll recognise you lah!

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 2, 2003, 6:15 AM

Post #29 of 38 (1477 views)
Shortcut

btw, whose summer?Crazy
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

xyne
Doggyman

Aug 2, 2003, 10:33 AM

Post #30 of 38 (1471 views)
Shortcut

hey, since u guys r sorta on the subject of dogs n cats.. my tyson absolutely despise them.. there used to b lots of strays tat come into our house..even to breed!

but once my tyson sees themm i will find a dead body in the morning..yet, they still keep coming! now, is tat a normal thing? its only cats..other than tat, he's such a cry baby!

sounds kinda scary hoh...but he's soo old now, teach himnew stuff he oways look at me blurr blurr, shaking his head asking "wat?"

UnsureUnsure

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 2, 2003, 11:22 AM

Post #31 of 38 (1470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Can an old dog learn new tricks?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah!!!! So daring lah those strays...

As far as I know from some reading and personal experience (I've got 5 cats in my hometown) cats are very territorial. So basically if they decide your house is part of their territory they'll spray it and defend it. They probably see your Tyson as an intruder in their territory so they might provoke him.

As for killing the cats... Hmmm... I hope he doesn't kill any of your neighbour's cats since many cat owners can't control their cats and keep them out of trouble.

My Ah Kow is friendlier with cats than she is with dogs so I'm not even sure if her behaviour is normal... I guess it's harder to teach an old dog new stuff... Same thing with people right???

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 6, 2003, 9:11 AM

Post #32 of 38 (1462 views)
Shortcut

wah tyson so territorial ar ? I guess he got provoked too much till cannot tahan liao lor....

cheers,
minglmy

renachow
Dog Kichi

Aug 6, 2003, 4:46 PM

Post #33 of 38 (1458 views)
Shortcut

These subjects on cats is getting me worried. I will be housesitting in TTDI come October and the owners have 2 dogs (1 mastiff + 1 mongrel) & 2 cats. Since my 2 gremlins (Howler & pixie) is coming along- they go where I go - I don't know how my 2 will react to them. I'm not so much worried about the 2 big dogs as they are kept in the front porch and my 2 will be at the backyard. It's the cats that I'm worried about. I don't want to tell the owners that my dogs ate the cats. ha ha. Nor do I want to tell the owners that my furkids chased the cats away and have not come home. I don't want to cage my darlings 24hrs a day either. They are not used to it. I only cage them at night and they are let out in the morning to run about as they please. Any suggestions??

Ming Yang, you should know how fierce my 2 can get. Very anti social also. Poor Mocha and Summer was the recepient of nips from Howler. Had a tough time during our last gathering. Nearly wanted to jump into the pool to cool off - I meant me and not my furkids!!

I think by end of the year I may need 1 psychiatrist for myself, 1 for my furkids and 1 for the cats !!

~renachow~

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 7, 2003, 2:48 AM

Post #34 of 38 (1455 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renachow] Can an old dog learn new tricks?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

I think it won't be as bad as you imagine it to be... The cats should be used to the other 2 dogs right? So I don't think they will attack your furkids unprovoked.

However, if your furkids want to chase them around and attempt to bite them I'm sure the cats will turn into big balls of fur with very sharp claws.Unsure Maybe you can cage the cats instead? Some get used to it pretty fast. Just have to keep them happy with a bit of food now and then. And when you let them out, you can cage your furkids for a while. Don't want any accidents right?

Just a suggestion.

renachow
Dog Kichi

Aug 7, 2003, 4:39 PM

Post #35 of 38 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Can an old dog learn new tricks?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly hope its not as bad as it seems. The cats grew up with the big dogs and just ignores them. But my little ones very sneaky. Always bully anything smaller than them. Big ones too if they can get away with it. Hit and run. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Better not make a mountain out of a molehill. Be positive lah. If not...early early sudah strangle them already. ha ha. keep you updated when the time comes

~renachow~

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2003, 7:04 AM

Post #36 of 38 (1447 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Don't worry too much lah! Everything should be ok as long as you keep them supervised.Smile Best of luck!! And give your furkids a big kiss and hug from us. Very cute lah to see one of them (sorry! can't tell them apart) playing fetch at KK.Smile

xyne
Doggyman

Aug 12, 2003, 1:31 AM

Post #37 of 38 (1442 views)
Shortcut

hi rena,

it really depends on your dog's temperament with the cats, or other dogs for that matter. If introduced properly, i think they will get along fine.
The first few minutes are usually tense if you/they have terrotorial dogs.. but u can pretty much see if they come to agreement after awhile.

But in my case, i know my Tyson... he is extremely territorial, n there's nothing he hates more than cats. Its non negotiable wan...PiratePirate

Dont give-up so soon, bring your gremlins n meet the other pets, if they cant settle after awhile, it's really best u separate them... wouldnt want to come up with excuses for missing cats now ..heeheeee...sigh

Unsure

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 13, 2003, 4:26 AM

Post #38 of 38 (1431 views)
Shortcut

Rena,

be positive. I guess you gotto really give them time and I know you definitely can do it ! With the good training that I see from Summer you are a good mom. Howler and Pixie is just not used to having so many dogs around them so, try to mix them with other dogs more often and be there to monitor them.

cheers,
minglmy

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my