boon
Doggyman

May 24, 2003, 10:43 PM

Post #101 of 117 (2566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Irisa,

The show start from 4 to 6PM.

Steven : no worri, ky ky know what to do already.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

arthur
ALPHA

May 25, 2003, 1:39 AM

Post #102 of 117 (2565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kinzonu] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Steven!

Congrats on taking the 1st step to the show ring! Understand yr tension but really, it's not that bad. Just use your obedience experience to yr advantage.

Tips:

1. Always keep the dog on your left. This way, you won't be blocking the judge's view of your dog.

2. Use the STAND command when stacking. Right hand: Use the leash to hold the head up. Left hand: Hold the tail level per the goldies stacking pose. Note: Since yours is a Goldie, you will not be stacking yr dog on the table, but on the show ring floor.

3. The judge might ask you how old is the dog. Other than that, do not make attempts to strike up a conversation with the judge. Also, be advised that the judge might want to open the mouth to examine the teeth and bite. Try to condition yr dog to not to snap at the judge while he's doing that! Also, for dogs, be advised that the judge will feel his testicles to make sure there's 2 of them. If your dog is picky about people handling his rear end, try to condition him now.

3. When gaiting (moving round the ring), use the leash to hold the head up and run at a comfortable pace to show off your Goldie's gait to the max. advantage.

4. Very important, listen carefully to the judge and show steward when you are in the show ring. You will be asked to come into the ring in a specific sequence and the judge will ask you to gait your dog in either a triangle or straight up and down.

5. Wear smart casuals. At least a collared T-shirt and sneakers. This is to show respect to the judge and the match exemption show itself.

That's all I can think of now. Hope this helps.

Rdgs Arthur

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 25, 2003, 7:36 AM

Post #103 of 117 (2553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi arthur,

wow, very detail explaination indeed ! I too get to learn abit here and there from this.... thanks ya !

cheers,
minglmy

lulugurl
ALPHA

May 25, 2003, 8:46 AM

Post #104 of 117 (2550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah ba,

u sure its 4-6??!! according to the form, its 3 lar..so how? i plan to go around 1 so that jaz can get used to the enviroment first.

Steven, how do u know you are the first to enter the ring? announce d issit?Crazy
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

arthur
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 4:26 AM

Post #105 of 117 (2537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Calling Penang lang!

So..how did the Match/Exemption Dog show went? Tell lah!

Rdgs Arthur

i_idnic
Enthusiast

May 26, 2003, 5:50 AM

Post #106 of 117 (2532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi....How's everyone results??? Any pics.........
WinkBest RegardsWink

ginl
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 7:16 AM

Post #107 of 117 (2529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [i_idnic] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey...the show was great, weather was nice....a few of our members didn't hv much luck coz their first match were up against the GSD and MS who were the finalist of the match (MS won)....Ah Boon with Bonney's temp substitute, a goldie did ok...they went to the 2nd round Smile

Steven has all the pics....Cin Di, didn't manage to see your baby show coz was too busy cleaning up Biscuit after he decided to roll on some dead fish....dun ask me why there was a dead fish there Crazy

p/s - Got the homeopathic meds frm your dad...thanks a bunch Smile

(This post was edited by ginl on May 26, 2003, 7:34 AM)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 26, 2003, 8:22 AM

Post #108 of 117 (2525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gina,

I have just heard from Terry that Boon was handling a golden this today and won ... any picture for us to see ?

cheers,
minglmy

arthur
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 4:54 PM

Post #109 of 117 (2517 views)
Shortcut

Hi Gina!

Waah..MS won ah? Who? Who? Anyone we know? Who's the handler? What's the MS name? This is great news man..SmileSmile

Trust Biscuit to seek out the dead fish and roll all over it..Crazy Never a dull moment with him around.

Rdgs Arthur

i_idnic
Enthusiast

May 26, 2003, 5:18 PM

Post #110 of 117 (2515 views)
Shortcut

hi...yeah agree a lot of our member didn't have much luck this time. I know who have luck Benji...hehehehe.... meet my giant hahahahhaTongue My giant do great this time especially the groomer(my mum) doing a good job...my be-bi look so difference compared with last time but still out(look on his size u also know la)

Your Biscuit....may be at that time no others playmates free to play with him so find a fish to play with lo...hahahahahaTongue

Boon... CongratWinkWinkWink

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 26, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #111 of 117 (2511 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Gina, Who won the final, is the owner of the MS our member ?? I couldn't wait until the final because my mom felt uncomfortable under the hot weather.

Smile Eliza

ginl
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 9:50 PM

Post #112 of 117 (2501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur and Eliza,

The MS does not belong to any of our member....sorry lar me not familiar in the show scene so i dunno who was the guy's name, but Boon knows lar...i know this guy is a regular handler and owner of very nice MS in the show ring Smile

ginl
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 9:52 PM

Post #113 of 117 (2500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ming Yang, Boon shd be posting the pics in gallery section pretty soon....i've already seen the pics thru email....very good shots taken....can see Ah Pek grinning frm ear to ear when he won Laugh

ginl
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 9:55 PM

Post #114 of 117 (2499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [i_idnic] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah your be-bi looked good and fluffy Tongue...but i heard he was a bit oversized so dats why lor...

Yah Biscuit's frends all inside the ring mah so no one to play with went and play with a fish....what to do...not only that, after the fish he rolled in some dog poo too CrazyMad

i_idnic
Enthusiast

May 27, 2003, 5:46 AM

Post #115 of 117 (2479 views)
Shortcut

Yeah...he looks so nice on that day I'm so suprise how can his fur become so fluffy....actually tell u la not only a bit oversized.... is extremely hahahhaaTongue that's y I called him 'giant' hehehehe

Wah...I think your biscuit angry u lar (all my friends go inside the ring & I can't) FrownFrownFrown... that's y he make u so busy.... Aiyo....after fish still got something happen ah...oh...he felt bored at that timeTongue

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 5:21 PM

Post #116 of 117 (2466 views)
Shortcut

Hi Gina

Biscuit always so entertaining la....read about him also so hilarious liao Laugh Laugh Of all things there he can manage to find a DEAD FISH and find some nice bundle of POO to roll over!! kekekekekeCrazy Crazy

P/s- how was the smell in the car later?? WinkLaugh

lulugurl
ALPHA

May 28, 2003, 1:59 AM

Post #117 of 117 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] MKA Match/Exemption Dog Show. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

i think the name of the handler of the champion is Ben. Jaz lost to his black lab too...wat to do?Crazy but it was really a fun day for all. i think it seems to me like a DOG AWARENESS day more than a match exemption.

We really knock some doggie sense into alot of ppl there. Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my