Garlic - No More Ticks & Fleas???

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 9:14 PM

Post #1 of 76 (2638 views)
Shortcut
Garlic - No More Ticks & Fleas??? Can't Post

What say you? My dad told me, no need to use Frontline / Flea Collar... just let your dog take some raw GARLIC.... anyone out there tried this? Any side effect on dogs? Tongue

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2003, 11:13 PM

Post #2 of 76 (2632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Garlic - No More Ticks & Fleas??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jaz...

shud be true kwah....

my dewey kena flea when i brought him for boarding... so i only wash him in bayticol twice (10 days apart) and feed him half a clove of raw garlic finely chopped and mix in his kibbles everyday for about a month... must attack the fleas from outside n inside.... now no more fleas.... now i only feed him garlic about once every 2 weeks to prevent fleas lah...

heard that it's bcoz fleas dun like the smell of garlic and if u feed garlic to ur furkid, the smell of garlic will go into the blood stream and the flea will not stay on ur furkidlah....

jac

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 11:24 PM

Post #3 of 76 (2629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jacng] Garlic - No More Ticks & Fleas??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there...

I guess it is then, since it worked on your little cute dog.

Any bad breath from that or not?? HAHHAHHH!!! I'll try to mix some to Jaz's food and see how's the outcome.. I usually bath her 5 days apart.. if not, she tends to get too stinky!! Sly

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2003, 11:36 PM

Post #4 of 76 (2627 views)
Shortcut

hi...

never notice whether got bad breath or not... so i guess ok kwah.... but dun feed too much garlic, OK? coz i also heard that too much garlic will cause ur furkid to cirit birit... something like food poisoninglah.. never experience myself... but as precaution, better dun give too muchlah... half a clove a day shud be enuff...

i also bathe dewey about 4-5 days apart.... otherwise same like u... i feel dewey will be stinky.. no matter what deodorant/baby powder i use...

jac

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2003, 11:41 PM

Post #5 of 76 (2627 views)
Shortcut

yup,your dad is right.Smile

as for bad breath..i don't *think* so...i don't usuall sit next to my dog after her dinner and smell her breathTongueLaughSmileWink
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 11:51 PM

Post #6 of 76 (2623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Garlic - No More Ticks & Fleas??? [In reply to] Can't Post

HAHHAHA!!! Me either okay!!!! that was a real funny remark!!! HAHAHHAHHAH!!!!

But you know at times, you never know when they will 'attack' you by jumping up on your face and start licking or kissing you rite!!!!! Wink I don't want to faint when Jaz does that!!! Cool

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 11:53 PM

Post #7 of 76 (2622 views)
Shortcut

Oh yeah.. good point you brought up.. Baby Powder.. Can that work too?? My friend got a Shih Tzu..and all she does is to put alot of baby powder all over.... but still got smell lar.... Cool

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2003, 11:55 PM

Post #8 of 76 (2621 views)
Shortcut

lol!!! good point!

drool is bad enough...GARLIC smelling drool....!TongueTongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2003, 12:10 AM

Post #9 of 76 (2619 views)
Shortcut

baby powder dun work for me... still got stinky smell... except now got stinky baby powder smell... aiyoh dunno how to explainlah... and also it makes dewey look weird coz he's black and powder is white so after i put on baby powder, his fur looks like old lady's hair... grey with white streak!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 12:26 AM

Post #10 of 76 (2617 views)
Shortcut

hi,

the garlic also functions to kill bad breath. it really work. also it'll reduce odour of the dog's body + poo smell.

i feed my dog garlic pills (for pets) when he was a pup.

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 12:35 AM

Post #11 of 76 (2614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Garlic - No More Ticks & Fleas??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Pills... hhhmmpphhh.. these days.. very the sophisticated man.. got pills some more for dogs on garlic feeding.. but on Garlic.. I'll go BARF (learn from puppy.com) will go raw and mix with her food to see how's her reaction! hhhahah! Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 12:38 AM

Post #12 of 76 (2614 views)
Shortcut

Yeah.. i can imagine... i don't think it will work either.. some more in your case, might end up looking like having lots of dandruff....eerrrrrr Crazy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 12:44 AM

Post #13 of 76 (2613 views)
Shortcut

hi,

waaaa become alpha already reply post also more efficient huh. wat a fast reply. hahah.

yeah. go for BARF.. it's also much cheaper. garlic doggie food.. wonder what it'll be like...*ponders*

btw, i never never eat garlics. it gives me the shiver.

regards,
hunter

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 12:48 AM

Post #14 of 76 (2610 views)
Shortcut

Previously I've been giving my dog raw garlic.... Some ppl says it works and some say it doesn't. So I just stopped it somehow cos some ppl say it's not good to take so much....

rEgards,
sweeeng

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 12:51 AM

Post #15 of 76 (2610 views)
Shortcut

You mean yourself don't take garlic?? how about Bah Kut Teh?? Yummie man.. but the smell.. yucks.. smelly lar... Yeap... everyday learn new things.. BARF! cute name Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 12:55 AM

Post #16 of 76 (2609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Garlic - No More Ticks & Fleas??? [In reply to] Can't Post

No good? any particular reason why it's no good??? but when you feed them to your doggies... how was thier reaction?? Wink

sharon
Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2003, 1:39 AM

Post #17 of 76 (2605 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I give Makiyo garlic softgel (human 1) as she didn't want to eat raw garlic.... it does help to prevent ticks & fleas Smile

I apply powder on her also but only on her belly and .... errmm.... her private.... so she won't look like ah mah

cheers
Me & Makiyo

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 1:56 AM

Post #18 of 76 (2603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sharon] Garlic - No More Ticks & Fleas??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, thanks for the tips.. I think I'll try garlic but not too much as it might have side effect and see how it goes.. as for powder.. I think it's reasonable to put underneath her belly.. as perhaps that would cool her down.. during hot weather like this... Cool

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 5:45 AM

Post #19 of 76 (2598 views)
Shortcut

hi,

heck no, i meant that i don't simply grab on a piece of garlic and start chewing. i just can't stand the taste. oh, but i love bak kut teh la.

BARF was mentioned before quite sometime ago. i also learnt it from here. but still, i can't put myself to give my dog raw meat.

regards,
hunter

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 23, 2003, 9:15 AM

Post #20 of 76 (2594 views)
Shortcut

I guess i have to start mocha and summer on the garlic thingy too. hmm...lets pray that there is no smell or else sure I pengsan one with the 2 notty fella !

cheers,
minglmy

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 4:43 PM

Post #21 of 76 (2589 views)
Shortcut

Maybe mince meat ler.... and mix with some rice and kibbles... maybe it won't look so geli lar.... afterall they are dogs.. thier tummy is suppose to be able to take all this stuff quar..... unlike human... Tongue

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 7:01 PM

Post #22 of 76 (2580 views)
Shortcut

I forgot what's the reason they gave me...

Anyway, when I give my dog garlic, I'll chop it into small pieces and then put it on top of their kibbles. so they have no choice but to eat it. If I give it just like that, they will not eat it at all...

Regards,
Swee Eng

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #23 of 76 (2579 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, Swee Eng.. I think that's a good idea.

Oh Yeah, I was about to tell you... remember we discussed about our dog's skins.. having those puss.. it got better now you know.. after I spray that lotion I showed you on the thread... and costant shower.. like 4-5 days apart.. her condition got better.. how about yours? Wink

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 7:41 PM

Post #24 of 76 (2578 views)
Shortcut

Mine is getting better too.... and besides that, I think they actually feeling hot...

regards,
Swee eng

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 7:49 PM

Post #25 of 76 (2576 views)
Shortcut

You mean because of the hot humid weather that gets those puss?? Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my