Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
How to train pups go to Toilet?

les
K9 Maniac

Jun 17, 2002, 9:48 PM

Post #1 of 20 (8673 views)
Shortcut
How to train pups go to Toilet? Can't Post

Well, my lil sunny poo poo and wee wee in my bed already, Hmm..

Anyone can help me how to train him go to toilet? I bought this spray thing, and spray it on newspaper.. but he still won't go in and do the business.. hmm.. Crazy

So.. help guys?

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2002, 5:13 AM

Post #2 of 20 (8658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Les,

Go to page 2 of this Dog and Puppies Training and read "House Breaking Help!!" by Rainbow.... Uncle Derrick gave his tips there...Wink

Happy Training!

Eve

les
K9 Maniac

Jun 18, 2002, 10:14 PM

Post #3 of 20 (8641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evehock] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for replying!

Anyway, I managed to let him go to toilet to do his business on the 3rd day I took him back frm the breeder, hohoho.. so happy! ^^Laugh

Laugh

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Jun 18, 2002, 11:48 PM

Post #4 of 20 (8634 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Les:

You mean your pup goes to toilet on his own free will or you take him there and wait for him to pee pee and poo poo?Angelic
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2002, 5:26 AM

Post #5 of 20 (8622 views)
Shortcut

Wow wow wooooooo.....,

Very happy for you... Tigger take 1 month to learn where to poo poo... cos we cannot decide where he should poo poo...Laugh...LOL.... It's a long story to tell. At last, we let him do it in our garden but sometime he still go to his favourite spot on the simen...which my daddy-in-law has to clean it up everytime Crazy.

Eve

les
K9 Maniac

Jun 19, 2002, 11:17 PM

Post #6 of 20 (8608 views)
Shortcut

Well, my sunny sometimes will still "ter-" at outside on the floor.. but i straight away clean it up and mop the floor with dettol.. hope it works

I dunno why he still did that, after he pee inside his toilet, he won't go in (although i already clean up the toilet and replaced a clean and new newspaper) Hmm... Crazy

Laugh

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2002, 6:12 AM

Post #7 of 20 (8594 views)
Shortcut

Dear Les,

Sunny is a male dog... which normally the "boy" love to declare what is his... Hehehee....Laugh I think he is learning to mark his territory.... and his mummy is erasing it... Hohohohoho...Sly

My Tigger is an outdoor dog... He marks both gate's poles and few spots somewhere backyard to declare is his territory... when he go outside for a walk.. he will mark few spots at the road to declare "This is MY ROAD".... Hahahaha... so, when ever other dog come ... he will warn them by bark at them... Hehehehe....

Notice this too, he might always make you wet by his saliva... cos he want to make a statement to every dog that you are HIS.... LaughHahahaha...

Eve

les
K9 Maniac

Jun 20, 2002, 10:47 PM

Post #8 of 20 (8581 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha, is tat true? Well, if it is so.. then they are SoOOooOOoo cute.. I train my Sunny to jump up to my bed and down. Hope he won't wee and poo on my bed. hahaha Tongue

Laugh

jackrock
New User

Jun 22, 2002, 2:58 AM

Post #9 of 20 (8560 views)
Shortcut

OK guys & girls. You may not believe this but it's serious and is actually nothing new. My Rottweiler does his business "on command".

You will need to train him young (4-5 mths) but older dogs can be trained too. Training our K9 friends isn't really that difficult but training the owner may be because you really need to be patient, observant and be around when they "do it".

Start off by watching your doggy closely and watchout for the unmistakable sign of sniffing the ground and going in circles. No, don't stop him but let it do its business (assuming it's in an acceptable place of course) and when the stuff gets "ejected" give a chosen command (pls refrain from vulgar ones) and keep repeating. I use "quick-quick-quick-quick....." After many consistant and unfailing repetitions, everyday and everytime, you will soon find that your dog will start going in circles and "bombs away" upon your command.

Needless to say, give this command only at those regular times when your K9 is expected to do it such as after meals or a game. You need to understand your dog. Don't be a fool to use this command unnecessary to show off by commanding your dog to do it if you know very well he has nothing to deposit such as he having just eased itself 5 minutes ago.

Use the command seriously, wisely and when necessary and preferbably around the same time of the day and same place.

If your K9 friend happens to do it without a command and at a disapproved place, make known your acute disapproval without hitting the dog. I yell HEY HEY HEY !!!! and stamp my feet. Believe me, the poor creature feels real guilty and will really thnk twice before he repeats this act.

But, be fair. You and I and our K9 friends sometimes loose control...so be fair and judge yourself.

Good Luck
K9 Training Enthusiast

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 22, 2002, 3:06 AM

Post #10 of 20 (8559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jackrock] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey yeah i do it too and it works sometimes....whenever i know he's going to pee or that he hasn't pee'd for hrs and cud blow anytime i'd say 'go pee pee inside go pee pee inside go pee pee inside' and he'll go inside the toilet to pee....they do understand Smile

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 22, 2002, 3:19 AM

Post #11 of 20 (8557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

You are only talking of one dog. Eight of mine are able to shit and pee on command. The male dog does it on three legs and the bitches are doing it squatting down. After what they had done they also know how to WTA.

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2002, 6:06 AM

Post #12 of 20 (8551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Uncle,

What is WTA? Women Tennis Association? CrazySoli lor... BTC ler...

Cannot find it in the internet... Maybe is Wash Their A**? Hehehehe...

Eve

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2002, 6:30 AM

Post #13 of 20 (8548 views)
Shortcut

Opsh....one more thing I would like to ask...Tongue

Uncle Derrick, Tigger has been poo poo in a circle (he drop one stool then move and does it in a circle )since he is puppy...and pee pee in a straight line (walking when pee pee)... Crazyhe only know how to pee pee with three legs after he is a year old... Is this a strange habit or he has health problem that you know of? Vet say nothing wrong with him... I just wonder why he do it that way then?Unsure Ocassionally, he does it in old fashion way(like other dog lor...Tongue)

Eve

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 22, 2002, 6:36 AM

Post #14 of 20 (8548 views)
Shortcut

My Dear Evehock,
You are after all a BTC ( BRIGHT THINKING CREATURE )
Maybe is Wash Their A**? Hehehehe...
Almost right. Replace 'wash' with wipe and it sounds indeed rather poeticSly

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2002, 6:45 AM

Post #15 of 20 (8546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow Wow woooo....

Uncle, that's just a lucky guess.... I still don't know what is AOH! Hahahaha...Tongue Plz educate me... Million of thanks.....Wink

Eve

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 22, 2002, 6:58 AM

Post #16 of 20 (8545 views)
Shortcut

when a person falls heavily, what expression would you use? Most probably you would say he falls A..... over head. Hehehheee!

jackrock
New User

Jun 22, 2002, 8:42 AM

Post #17 of 20 (8539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember I mentioned that we do not abused the command? I must admit that I was guilty of it myself. There was this time that the poor creature just doesn't have it but I insist and keep repeating the command. You know what? He had the most sorry look in his eyes, go into the "poo- stance" and "booooooot".....he actually farted and fired blanks !!!Laugh

Hey !!! The book says that when we give a command, it must be follow thru....isn't that right?[;)
K9 Training Enthusiast

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 22, 2002, 9:52 AM

Post #18 of 20 (8534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jackrock] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

lol wudn't want to be around when that happens....pheeeewwww

So jackrock, how about going to the members introduction section and do a little bit of intro about yourself....this is so all the members here will know a bit about each other and it'll make it easier to interact Smile

les
K9 Maniac

Jun 22, 2002, 9:53 AM

Post #19 of 20 (8534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wmeng] How to train pups go to Toilet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eng,

Forgot to reply ur message. Hahaha.. on his will. But until now.. he still sometimes will pee and poo outside of his toilet.. hmm *shrug* He still young.. :)

BTW, are u the one who got a pug too? Are u coming to this Dog Show? Bring along ur pup too yea? HeEeehHheeEEehhEEEehhEeeehhEEe..

Laugh

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Jun 28, 2002, 8:57 PM

Post #20 of 20 (8510 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Les,

Sorry for the silence. Just have my my modem fixed. Something cropped up last Sunday so I didn't make it to the dog show.

Sorry to hear that Jerry died of Parvo disease. He must already have gotten this disease when your friend bought him.

My pug puppy, George will be taking his final vaccination early next month. He is hyper hyper active, extreme playful ... my friends who drop in to play with him will always get bitten on their toes, fingers... UnsureUnsurebut still the human friends fall victims to his charms and keep coming back for more bitesCrazyCrazy

How many meals do you feed Sunny daily? I gave George 3 meals when I first brought him back but now I reduce to 2 per day. He is slightly overweight with a fat belly which makes him even cuter.
LaughLaugh
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my