Curious bout stool eating habit

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 22, 2003, 6:17 PM

Post #1 of 26 (5782 views)
Shortcut
Curious bout stool eating habit Can't Post

Hi there forum members...daisygal here...I'm just curious, worried and wondering why's my little 4 months old cocker spaniel has tis stool eating habit...each time she does it...she will smell it then nibble a little of her droppings...WHY ah?....how to discard tis ugly habit?....anyone HELP PLSS. THANXX alot in advance

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 6:37 PM

Post #2 of 26 (5778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaisyGal] Curious bout stool eating habit [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps next time when you notice your little pup doing that, move her face away, and say "NO" to her right to her face and clean up... practice that a few times and show her your disappoval on that act, and once she avoid her stool, reward her with her fav food, she should be able to move away from that habit!Sly

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 22, 2003, 6:43 PM

Post #3 of 26 (5777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Curious bout stool eating habit [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi jaz...thanks for the advise...we did moved her away from the stool....each time she will go back immediately even b4 we picks it up with the newspaper...whats worse is that when nobody is there to guard her especially at night when everyone is sleeping....is there any possibility of the diet she's eating example not enough vitamins or what so ever? Is there any suppliment to get rid of tis habit?

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 7:26 PM

Post #4 of 26 (5770 views)
Shortcut

Eerrrmm.. I don't know any direct remedy on this as Jaz never did had the problem.. she's actually quite Hygeinic... surprisingleh?? Yeah, she will wipe her feet everytime she's out from the toilet and never want to do her business at the same spot or if the newspaper is wet... she likes it dry and clean... maybe you can reward your dog if she does it right and after a while.. hopefully your dog will eventually get it that if she doesn't touch or smell her stool, she get better rewards... You got to be stern at first- i mean after all, it's for thier own good.. you have to maybe smack her while you try to pack up or clean up her stool to tell her it's very wrong for her to do so...

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 7:46 PM

Post #5 of 26 (5767 views)
Shortcut

hi,

try searching for old posts.. there is a thread about poo-eating before. i could remember that some ppl claimed that it's out of boredom. many reasons for that... insufficient vitamins could be one of the reasons too.

regards,
hunter

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 22, 2003, 7:55 PM

Post #6 of 26 (5765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Curious bout stool eating habit [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks hunter...but where and how to search for old thread?....hehehe...i'm new in here

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 8:02 PM

Post #7 of 26 (5765 views)
Shortcut

hi,

try this thread :

http://www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=28222;search_string=eat%20poo;#28222

http://www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=5579;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

next time if u'd like to search for posts, just hit the "search posts" button above. for this thread, i searched with the keyword "eat poo" :)

regards,
hunter

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 22, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #8 of 26 (5763 views)
Shortcut

thanks alot hunter...

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 23, 2003, 12:11 AM

Post #9 of 26 (5758 views)
Shortcut

Hunter...I was just wondering...whats that product called...Forbid...whatizzit?...its said to stop pups from eating stool...got tis product?....where to buy?

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 12:23 AM

Post #10 of 26 (5756 views)
Shortcut

hi,

sorry, can't help ya there. my dog have not face poo-eating problem before. hence i have no idea what product izzit. perhaps other members here could help.

regards,
hunter

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 23, 2003, 12:54 AM

Post #11 of 26 (5754 views)
Shortcut

no problem hunter...thanks alot...appriciate the effort...by the way r u residing in Klang Valley?

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 5:41 AM

Post #12 of 26 (5748 views)
Shortcut

hi,

erm, no. Petaling actually. why ask :)

regards,
hunter

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 23, 2003, 4:58 PM

Post #13 of 26 (5745 views)
Shortcut

hi there hunter...ic Petaling...just wondering...i guess most of the forum member r from KL and pj...

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2003, 5:30 PM

Post #14 of 26 (5743 views)
Shortcut

Hi daisygal

My furkid also have this stool eating habit which drove me to search for some answers.... I came across this web site and think it might be helpful to all of us who share the same problem.....

http://www.greatdanelady.com/...les/stool_eating.htm

http://www.concerningpets.com/...articles/dartc03.htm

jac

(This post was edited by jacng on Jul 23, 2003, 5:35 PM)

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 23, 2003, 5:36 PM

Post #15 of 26 (5738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jacng] Curious bout stool eating habit [In reply to] Can't Post

yo there jacng...thanks alot...the stool eating habit is quiet common....sometimes I'm not angry at her but damn worried that she might get sick although she eats her own and she only stays in door...(my condo)....well will check out tis website A S A P...thanks ya!

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 23, 2003, 6:29 PM

Post #16 of 26 (5733 views)
Shortcut

yo jacng....just wondering...where to get product such as for-bid, prozyme and those which are recommennded in the net?...any idea??....

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2003, 6:44 PM

Post #17 of 26 (5732 views)
Shortcut

hi daisygal...

still dunno but at least i know that there's this kind of tool out there.... if i managed to find them, i'll let everuone know...

but i am thinking of changing the diet firstlah.... see whether it works... more healthy kwah.... instead of using chemicals...

jac

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 23, 2003, 7:42 PM

Post #18 of 26 (5731 views)
Shortcut

yo jacng...mind me asking u what diet ur K9 is on?...I am currnetly feeding my daisy First Plan...b4 that it was Science Diet, but the shop ppl said its beccoz science diet causes heavy smell thats why the pup recycles her stool...issit true?...

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2003, 9:56 PM

Post #19 of 26 (5725 views)
Shortcut

my furkid is currently on Back2Basiclah... considered premium kwah....

anyway, i planned to add yogurt(beneficial bacteria) to his diet. And also previously, i soak his kibbles b4 serving. Now, I will just add water adn serve it immediately without soaking. I will also give him fruits like oranges(maybe a slice or 2 from our own after dinner fruits) for vitamin C....

The web pages that I sent you most of the parts recommended man made food(in pills) and not fresh food.. I dun quite like that lah... kibbles to me already man made so must have some preservatives kwah... the rest thought of going as natural as I canlah...

and does the smell causes our furkid to play with his own stool? I dun think so... coz mine is on B2B and the stool does not really smell(unlike when my furkid was still on puppy chow)... but my furkid still like to play and eat his stool... especially when u are not looking and he thinks he can get away with it. When u "ternampak" him, he will quickly drop the stool and run away to a corner and look kesian in case u scold him coz he knows it's wrong to play with stool.

sharon
Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2003, 11:19 PM

Post #20 of 26 (5711 views)
Shortcut

Hi daisygal,

This stool eating problem might be coz by boredom or worm in the tummy.... so buy her some toys & let her out to get some sun bathing Wink

Hope this will help ... good luck!

Regards,
Me & Makiyo

DaisyGal
Novice

Jul 26, 2003, 4:39 PM

Post #21 of 26 (5706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sharon] Curious bout stool eating habit [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Sharon..thanxxx for the advise...i will try it out....I cant wait to take my daisy gal for a walk...but she's a week from the third vaccination...hehehe have to be sabar abit....Sly

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 27, 2003, 1:46 AM

Post #22 of 26 (5698 views)
Shortcut

hi,

juz wondering, is there any possibility that they're just being playful :/ ? i really hope to crack down this stool-playin' mystery... if only dogs could talk.

so how does he play with his stool? use his paw to squash 'em? walk around with the stool his mouth :o ??? i always wonder.

my dog once attempted to play with his stool. used his paw to push it and watch it roll away slowly :/ he never touched another stool after that. probably not interested in this hobby..

regards,
hunter

ginl
ALPHA

Jul 27, 2003, 7:54 AM

Post #23 of 26 (5692 views)
Shortcut

He wasnt playing with the stool lar...he was trying to sweep the stool away with his paw (he can't hold a broom mah)...just trying to lend a helping paw to his mummy Smile

zack
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2003, 6:27 PM

Post #24 of 26 (5685 views)
Shortcut

hi daisy,

my pup has the same problem too, he caught him eating cow stool when i took him out for a walk this morning. how disgustingCrazy
>Thomas<

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 27, 2003, 10:39 PM

Post #25 of 26 (5683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Curious bout stool eating habit [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

haha. i hope he REALLY is being such a good boy :/ anyway, i'd rather him not help, as i'll end up washing his paws too..

regards,
hunter

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my