can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 21, 2003, 10:53 PM

Post #1 of 29 (5465 views)
Shortcut
can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile Can't Post

need help, when i click make profile changes after upload the picture under user icon, it shows this msg " A system error occured while attempting to upload your image: Permission denied.

the picture fail to upload, and i check my picture filesize is only 61.6KB. thanks for help!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

(This post was edited by kitconnie78 on Jul 21, 2003, 10:54 PM)

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 6:10 AM

Post #2 of 29 (5458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie,

Mine also like that but after i click make profile change, the browser will show THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED. I've tried lots and lots of times d...FrownFrown On top of that, from my last attempt, my current icon is gone too...so now i don have an icon and cannot upload a new one.FrownFrown

Mr. Khoo, can u help us??
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

POO&PEE
Novice

Jul 22, 2003, 6:26 AM

Post #3 of 29 (5456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr Khoo,

Sorry, I've got to pose this "kindergarten" question to you re: photos for icons. I understand we can only post max 64.0 KB photos. I can't seem to get my photo to go below 350KB. How can I get the file small enuff so that it can be accepted?

Thanks!

Pei Yee

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 22, 2003, 7:07 AM

Post #4 of 29 (5454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [POO&PEE] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

The following was posted by Archer in another thread and is reproduce here

Hi there guys n gals,

actually IMHO there's nuthing much to worry about, simple conform to the guidelines Mr. Khoo has set and all will be fine.

the guideline states that images must b approx. 120 pixels (width) by 120 pixels (height). simply use any image manipulation software to do the job. U could resize the entire image if that's what u choose or u could crop the particular region that u wanna display, then resize.

Tip: During cropping or resizing pls ensure ur image's mode is set to RGB, this would enable better image quality.

Image Manipulation Software(s);

I use GIMP Version 1.2.4 since it's free.

Here's a simple walktrough with GIMP.
  • Click on the GIMP icon, the GIMP toolbox will appear
  • Open Image by selecting from the toolbox's menu "File > Open"
  • Change image mode to RGB, right click on the image "Image > Mode > RGB"
  • Decision to crop or not to crop
    • Crop region
      • From the tool box (with icons) select the icon which is situated, second row, 4th icon from the left [Crop or resize the image]
      • Select the image, hold down the left mouse button and drag. While dragging, a popup dialog box will appear. When u r done selecting the region u wish to crop, hit the "crop" button from the popup dialog box
      • You're done cropping the image
    • Desire entire image
      • No actions required
  • Resize the Image by right clicking on the image, "Image > Scale Image". Alter the "New width" textbox to 120px. The Height will automatically change by the correct ratio
  • Save file by right clicking on the image, "File > Save As"
  • U'r done Smile

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 22, 2003, 7:10 AM

Post #5 of 29 (5453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

I am unfortunately not able to reproduce the error that you are facing. I have tried to upload an avatar using one of the control accounts and I am able to do so without any problem.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 22, 2003, 7:11 AM

Post #6 of 29 (5452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

What is the size of the picture that you are trying to upload as avatar. If the file size is too big, you may face time out error if you have a poor connection. Try to reduce your file size to says 20KB and upload again.

Cheers

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 6:30 PM

Post #7 of 29 (5445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mr Khoo,

Thanks for reply. Two question to ask, if i change the user icons picture for few times, will it store into a folder then the filesize will getting bigger and not allowed me to change again?? This is my second time changing the avatar, first time was succesful, but this time got error. Second questions is what is the purpose of "changes other's user icon"? Dun really understand larr...Blush

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2003, 12:19 AM

Post #8 of 29 (5441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

I, too am facing the problem. Whenever I try to upload a picture for my icon,the message below appears on the top of the page.Also,the picture is 19kb. And I used the same program to view the pictures as the icon before (succesful in uploading)

There were errors in your information:
  • A system error occured while attempting to upload your image: Permission denied

,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

chika
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2003, 2:05 AM

Post #9 of 29 (5420 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I tried to change my icon pic, but not only could I change the pic, the previous icon disappeared! I also have this message...

There were errors in your information:
  • A system error occured while attempting to upload your image: Permission denied

What did I do wrong...? My new pic is only 27KB and it's J-Peg format. Anybody help me...

boon
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2003, 2:33 AM

Post #10 of 29 (5419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chika] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

what is the resolution of the new avatar that u r trying to upload ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

chika
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2003, 7:39 AM

Post #11 of 29 (5413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

The dimension of the pic is 120 x 80 and the size is 25KB. If I remember it correctly, I am following the same step as I did when I got the first pic up.
Any idea why? Thanks

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2003, 7:42 AM

Post #12 of 29 (5411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chika] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

try to upload in bmp format. I know this sound weird, But this is what Archer aka Jason tried and found out BMP works btu not JPG although the size is huge lot diff.

just give it a try and let us know if the same apply to your case.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

chika
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2003, 8:11 AM

Post #13 of 29 (5408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

yes! it worked (as you can see...)
thanks a million!!!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #14 of 29 (5405 views)
Shortcut

No Problem!Wink

By the way, you have a retriever??

chika
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2003, 8:19 AM

Post #15 of 29 (5402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

yep, he's "Sam" the golden retriever and he will be 2 years old next month. He looks rather slim (and long) in this icon because I squeezed him a bit, but he is a bit chubby guy in reality.(32kg!)

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2003, 8:23 AM

Post #16 of 29 (5400 views)
Shortcut

SmilePlease bring SAM to the Gundog Section, sign up his biodata in the Just Retriever gang list. Can you do me the favor?Wink Nice to meet you here~

chika
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2003, 8:30 AM

Post #17 of 29 (5397 views)
Shortcut

Been there and done that! Please check him out.
Then again, how come your doggie (the icon dog) is not there?

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2003, 8:36 AM

Post #18 of 29 (5394 views)
Shortcut

Good question that I've been answering many times! Would like to share with you about 's up and down in my self-intro section:

http://www.puppy.com.my/..._Lover_here!_P11619/

I'm the co-owner of and lost custody of him to another co-owner. Anywya, he is in good hands.Smile I'm now in US, in KL.

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 2, 2003, 6:46 AM

Post #19 of 29 (5373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

hey....can someone pls help me upload my icon?? i dunno how to reduce the size or anything as i'm a computer idiot...FrownFrownFrownFrownBlushBlushBlushBlush i pasted jaz picture here as i couldn't find th ATTACHMENT button...

Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 2, 2003, 8:38 AM

Post #20 of 29 (5369 views)
Shortcut

If jpeg file didn't work, try to have it in bitmap BMP file. Dunno why, but it works even if the size is larger than jpeg.

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 4, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #21 of 29 (5351 views)
Shortcut

i do not know how to convert it to bitmap BMP file.Crazy btw, where has all those puggies butt gone??Laugh
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 4, 2003, 11:12 PM

Post #22 of 29 (5350 views)
Shortcut

Eve,

change the format when you do "save as", or you open the file in "paint" and save it as bmp extention.

Due to a REQUEST made by swee eng, I've finanlly disappear those butts and came with this handsome Mack-Bee look~Cool

well~ just for a day. I'll have another avatar.Tongue

(This post was edited by mackmack on Aug 4, 2003, 11:12 PM)

joeybowie
New User

Aug 5, 2003, 10:02 PM

Post #23 of 29 (5341 views)
Shortcut

Can somebody help??!! Tried to upload pictures but can't even after I change from Jpeg to Bitmap. Ii says that my image size too big...how do i reduce it? How come I'm only allowed 43kb to upload the icon?

Help...thanks!

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 5, 2003, 10:08 PM

Post #24 of 29 (5340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joeybowie] can't upload the user icon picture under edit profile [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't help you much as I'm also puzzled by how actually this "upload process" going to be. But... "trial and error"~BlushCool

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 7:07 AM

Post #25 of 29 (5334 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Am still unable to upload Jaz picture..it says the size is 70x100x24bmp.. does not understand wat it means thou...Frown but the size is 20.8 kb...y??
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my