First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

anngee
Novice

Jun 11, 2004, 3:26 AM

Post #51 of 65 (1320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] WISH LIST FOR PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Halo Cynhor, Wink

Have read yur mails and know of your effort to help paws get their dogs adopted. I'm at the moment, trying to get a simple website together, to sorta like have a gallery for all these adoptable dogs. And have at the moment, included those that you have placed in your poster. I've not uploaded the site, cos I haven't done it up proper yet. I do have a question however, are the names provided personally by you? or are the dogs known as that name at paws ? So that when people go there to adopt a certain dog, all they have to do it mention the name or to have to bring along the leaflet you distributed ? It'll be hosted on freehosting at the moment. If there are really too many dogs then... who knows... what will have to be done later. Will you be there this saturday ? or u don't visit at weekends ? I reckon I'll be going there on saturday to take some photos of puppies to add to the list of adoptable doggies. However, I'm not quite sure, that if I name them myself, nobody at paws would know who they are when asked ! Crazy

Please get back to me. Many thanks for your effort.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2004, 5:15 AM

Post #52 of 65 (1317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anngee] WISH LIST FOR PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your response and enthusiasm. The office at PAWS have a copy of all the dog and cat posters I have put together. There is only 3 of them at the moment and the 4th one will be a cat one. All the dogs are known by their name. A number of them were named when they were still wee puppies, others (like the rescued strays) were named by either the workers there or myself recently. If you do go in, there is a notice board with the posters up too and if people come in, all they need to do is point at the dog listed. Tan and Harry at the site will be able to assist, as they know the dogs well.

The cats are unfortunately a different story. Most were named by volunteers and unless they have been neutered or spayed, there is no record of their names on file anywhere.

Go in on Saturday and do take photos and do let the boys know that you are helping out with photos for the posters (website). If you need to, get someone to bring out dogs for you, but only if the workers are free from their daily chores.

Do let me know how it goes.

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Jun 11, 2004, 7:59 PM

Post #53 of 65 (1308 views)
Shortcut

For tick and flea medication, are they in tablet form or what? I can buy a couple of bottles of Frontline Spray (white & blue bottle, right?) and pass it to PAWS this weekend.

Do you still need the spray paints? I can get few of those as well.

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2004, 7:33 AM

Post #54 of 65 (1295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] WISH LIST FOR PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so so much. It is the blue and white plastic spray one. It only takes 3-4 squirts to keep a dog free from ticks and fleas for 1 month plus.

It is very expensive though and you may find that one bottle will cost RM65-68. Cheaper if you know a supplier or something. It will help if you specifically say to the office that it should be used in the adult or stray pound where it is most needed.

Yes spray paints will be wonderful. If I am there, I will show you where they will be used. The old cages are rotting away because of rust...etc. Again, pass it to Tan who is with the cats.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will be at PAWs tomorrow afternoon, possibly after 1pm. Sunday may be stretched thin as we have a group of volunteers coming in to help scrub the other compounds.

Cyn

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Jun 14, 2004, 7:26 PM

Post #55 of 65 (1281 views)
Shortcut

Hi!!

I got the Frontline spray and spray paints but didn't have the time to drop by last Sunday. Hopefully will be able to make it this weekend. Smile

Well, true enough, the Frontline sprays were expensive but if one person buys one bottle, it's not THAT bad. Wink

So, people, whoever reading this...buy a bottle and donate it to PAWS! 10 people buy one bottle each is already 10 bottles, so.....you guys know what to do! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

(This post was edited by phoenix on Jun 14, 2004, 7:32 PM)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jun 15, 2004, 1:14 AM

Post #56 of 65 (1273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] WISH LIST FOR PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

No problems at all. Someone did come in last Sunday and passed one bottle of Frontline in, specifically for use on the dogs in the stray pound. I am rather happy that this forum is is wonderful way to discuss what PAWS need and actually get people to chip in.

Hey, TV3 came in to do a sketch this morning (without warning) and took footage of the cat pound. Maybe catch PAWS on TV.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jun 16, 2004, 6:29 AM

Post #57 of 65 (1267 views)
Shortcut
Male Shih Tzu - Purebred [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes it must have been him then. Fortunately Bingo showed signs of recovering. He actually looked up and wagged his tail when he saw me. Another volunteer took him away to see a vet and concluded that he had glucoma. I believe that he will go blind but in an apartment or small house, it does not matter. So Bingo is now in a happy home.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2004, 4:38 AM

Post #58 of 65 (1252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kathleen.tay] WISH LIST FOR PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Items to add to the list.

- a lorryload of SAND to level off the general compound
- a tractor or excavator to clear the drains around the PAWS compound - overflow and flooding is a problem
- materials to repair the puppy pen (preferbly long pieces of wood to repair the frames, or metal bars with premade holes that could be put together using a nut and bolt and wire mesh)
- whiteboards and cork boards for notices
- paints (especially mould proof ones)
- a bag of cement to help with repairworks

The list is very very long. Do call me directly as there is so much more. Pls do not give cash as very little of it will go towards necessary repairs and upgrades - cynhor@yahoo.com

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2004, 10:49 PM

Post #59 of 65 (1240 views)
Shortcut

THANK YOU LILIAN who brought in a few bottles of much needed Frontline and some spray paints.

A few of the cat cages were being repaired and resprayed yesterday. I will need to get them to do the same for the puppy cages next week.

Frontline came in useful. But I saw the vet tell the boys not to waste it on the dogs in the general compound and strays. Most ANNOYING!!!
He wants it used on the dogs that PAWS keep as their own - the ones that run free around the office. Most ANNOYING INDEED!!!!

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Jun 25, 2004, 12:25 AM

Post #60 of 65 (1236 views)
Shortcut

Hello!!

It was my pleasure!! Not a problem at all!! Will try to get a few more bottles next month after I get my gaji. Laugh

I may be able to get some whiteboards and corkboards soon this week. Will pass to PAWS if I'm free this weekend.

Just tell the boys to ignore the vet. If he insists, then we'll ask volunteers to bring their own next time, use it only on dogs that really need it and then bring it back home. Simple. Sly

- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Jun 25, 2004, 3:18 AM

Post #61 of 65 (1230 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i pass the frontline to susan, she is a very dedicated volunteer who take care of paws' stray. i ask her to take home after use, a bottle of front line only last 3-4 days considering the number of strays.

(This post was edited by dodo888 on Jun 25, 2004, 3:43 AM)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2004, 12:14 AM

Post #62 of 65 (1197 views)
Shortcut

I have an updated list to share. Any small gesture will help.

1. Rice (PAWS uses 100 kg in less than a week)
2. Old Towels and rags to keep puppies dry and warm
3. Puppy toys to keep them amused
4. Any kind of Dog and Puppy Food (can or dry )
5. Whiteboards and cork boards for notices
6. Paints (especially mould proof ones), spraypaints and canned paints
7. A bag of cement to help with repairworks
8. Bottles of bleach for cleaning and disinfecting
9. Cotton buds to clean ears
10. Puppy chews. Made from cow skin, it is very good for their teeth and lasts a few weeks.
11. Rags and sponges for cleaning
12. Spray bottles (used empty bottles with a spray snout)
13. Brooms and brushes
14. Flea medication (Advantage or Frontline).
15. Used CD plastic sleeves. The kind that you get VCDs and DVDs in at the shops. It is like a clear plastic slip cover with pre punched holes. It can be used to display a dog's record or a cage's cleaning schedule.
16. a lorryload of SAND to level off the general compound
17. a tractor or excavator to clear the drains around the PAWS compound - overflow and flooding is a problem
18. materials to repair the puppy pen (preferbly long pieces of wood to repair the frames, or metal bars with premade holes that could be put together using a nut and bolt and wire mesh)

If you are considering donating money, you may be contributing more effectively by asking for a membership form and filling that in. I think its RM20 for a year's membership and RM200 for a lifetime membership.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2004, 10:31 AM

Post #63 of 65 (1147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kathleen.tay] WISH LIST FOR PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Would you mind if I started another WISH LIST thread on this forum. It will probably contain only listed items, and I will be able to respond better and keep it updated.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 2, 2004, 6:46 PM

Post #64 of 65 (1141 views)
Shortcut

yes, please...Smile it will help alot..Smile

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Aug 3, 2004, 1:16 AM

Post #65 of 65 (1136 views)
Shortcut

Hey... not a problem. Go ahead as long we have one objective ... to help our friends in PAWS. Smile
A Dog Never Lies About Love

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my