Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Any insurance companies that will insure our pets?

stanleysi
Novice

Jul 21, 2003, 7:06 PM

Post #1 of 18 (2347 views)
Shortcut
Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? Can't Post

Pet insurance was really popular in the UK when I was there. I was wondering if there's something similar for our furkids here in Malaysia? I did a search on google and think perhaps Allianz General Insurance might have something similar?

Regards,

Stan

arial
Dog Kichi

Jul 21, 2003, 9:15 PM

Post #2 of 18 (2338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleysi] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Most dogs here are not microchiped yet... so sudah nak differentiate this dog from that dog... lah!!!

First step.... Promote Microchipping for a Better Furfriend Tomorrow!!!!!

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 21, 2003, 9:34 PM

Post #3 of 18 (2335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleysi] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt they'll have that although I wish that someday they will have it.

Regards,
Swee Eng

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 7:05 AM

Post #4 of 18 (2320 views)
Shortcut

i hope that the system will be implement here soon as i strongly feel that our furkids life are as valuable as humans.

poor_me
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2003, 5:23 PM

Post #5 of 18 (2311 views)
Shortcut

HI,

I have no idea how pet insurance work, but would it cause cases where people get pets and hurt them intentionally just to get the claims?

Regards,

Alan

arial
Dog Kichi

Jul 22, 2003, 5:25 PM

Post #6 of 18 (2311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope so too... let's hope MKA makes it compulsary to microchip all our furkids soon!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 23, 2003, 9:00 AM

Post #7 of 18 (2304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arial] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought that the Microchipped thingy is compulsory from MKA. Isn't it has been implemented this year or something like that ?

cheers,
minglmy

arial
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 5:03 PM

Post #8 of 18 (2299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as i know, still optional.....Can you confirm this?

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 9:57 PM

Post #9 of 18 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smileyes, its compulsory for all puppies registered after March 2002 (i think)Cool

arial
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 10:02 PM

Post #10 of 18 (2287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

ok thanks for the info! will work towards PEt Insurance then!

cherygan
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2003, 11:28 PM

Post #11 of 18 (2270 views)
Shortcut

Unless your dog really worth alot ,i dont think you need to insure them. Dont think their insurance will come cheap.

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 6, 2003, 10:49 PM

Post #12 of 18 (2256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, it is compulsary for all puppies registered after march'03 to be microchipped. if not u wont b getting yor cert. and it hav to be acknowledge by a vet as well..

Riccaval
ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 11:33 PM

Post #13 of 18 (2253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehi,
Izzit March'03 or '02? I think its '02 cos I remember I had one litter microchipped last yearCool

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 6, 2003, 11:46 PM

Post #14 of 18 (2250 views)
Shortcut

TongueBlushoppss, hehehe...sorry eh, 2002 lar. dreaming lar i. hehehe........LaughTongue

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 22, 2003, 6:52 AM

Post #15 of 18 (2233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherygan] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileYes,

The pet's insurance is really quite pricey...almost of human's if converted from pounds...but i think it'd be a good investment especially for larger breed dogs, prone to hip dylesia....we can claim from the insurance to perform any operations provided it is certified by the vet. Quite useful for dogs in older days where they r prone to fall sick and if we could not afford the hefty bills.

CheersSmileNathalie

mochacappucino
Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2003, 6:52 PM

Post #16 of 18 (2195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think there is such a service here in Malaysia as yet, since to control the insurance claims of us fellow Malaysians is already a problem. If you have read the newspapers, the insurance companies will be imposing higher rates and more control measures for medical plans due to misuse and increasing medical costs.

The same might happen to insurance plans for our furkids and we might end up paying higher rates than our own! Tongue To me, I think if there is such a service, I will definitely go for it. Provided that I won't be paying much more for the premium in the years to come.

Will find out more about this. Smile

Regards,
~!@Mocha@!~

Come to the Chit Chat Thread with MochaCappucino @ the Chit Chat Section !
Or come join the Klang Division Thread !

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 12, 2003, 7:11 AM

Post #17 of 18 (2186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mochacappucino] Any insurance companies that will insure our pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi,

If they have i'll go for it too......even i don't have one myself..hahaBlush

chris78
K9 Maniac

Sep 13, 2003, 3:50 PM

Post #18 of 18 (2178 views)
Shortcut

Really hope that one day there's such insurance for pets in Malaysia. Just cross our fingers and hope for the best!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my