Hello! I am new.....what breed's right?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 8:26 AM

Post #26 of 46 (1074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junkgirl] Hello! I am new.....what breed's right? [In reply to] Can't Post

I work too....and I get home late at night sometimes, like 10-11. Also have to earn a living for me and my furkid Wink

What I do is, I get up early, feed my dog, play with him a bit, give him some treats. When I get home from work, and if it's too late I'll play catch with him at home and in the garden or hide and seek just to make him run and exercise a bit. Then it's stroking, patting time. Then feed him dinner and all his vitamins. Then brush his teeth b4 sleeping.

On weekends I get up early to brush him, then trim his nails, pluck ear hair, clean his ears and then bathe him. Then I blow dry and brush him all over again. Spend more time playing and watching TV with him.

hehehe it's like that la....when u bring a dog back, it's like having a baby at home. Always need to find time to give TLC. If the basic stuff like love, time and care we can't provide, then we're not ready to take a dog home, i guess. Smile

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 3:26 PM

Post #27 of 46 (1068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Hello! I am new.....what breed's right? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info cshellz. U have a good looking dog! What's his/her name? Do u keep him/her outside or in the house? Cos it has white color fur, would get a bit dirty playing outside huh?Smile
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 3:46 PM

Post #28 of 46 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Hello! I am new.....what breed's right? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi JunkGirl,
Welcome to the forum!

Don't need to think.. get the GR!
Smile

Smile Err...is CD Moo the president of the GR club or something..hehehe..he/she is trying to lure into getting GRs..hehe..but CD Moo u do have a very good looking dog..i like the color. It's a Lab, isn't it?
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

(This post was edited by junkgirl on Jul 23, 2003, 3:50 PM)

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 4:25 PM

Post #29 of 46 (1066 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Hello! I am new.....what breed's right? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just for everyone's info...there is one type of dog that does not bark. It's called the Basenji.
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 6:14 PM

Post #30 of 46 (1063 views)
Shortcut

hu Junkgirl,

No.. I'm not the president of the GR club Smile . I'm just a retriever fan. So, my decison could be bias. Anyhow, to fit into your requirement.. given the 3 choices that u proposed , I would say it's still GR.

Of course, I don't mind "pushing" u to get a labrador Smile , at least there's no grooming required!

Rex is a "golden" labrador. His coat is golden , not yellow/light color.

Have fun in your search!

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 6:39 PM

Post #31 of 46 (1061 views)
Shortcut

Hmmm....maybe i should get labs instead cos i read that labs r a bit more independent than GRs. The only better thing about GRs compared to Labs is their longer coat. But u r right - no grooming required - JUST WASH AND LET DRY!! HeheheSly
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 6:54 PM

Post #32 of 46 (1059 views)
Shortcut

aww thanks! That was my first doggie...his name's Richie, a Spitz mix Dachshund...missing at the moment Frown

I now have another Jap Spitz puppy, Sparkle.

I let them roam about in the house and outside at the garden. Most of the time they like lying under the sofa or on the carpet but they go to the garden to pee and poo and sometimes they play at the garden/porch too.

One thing about a Spitz's fur texture.....dirt will fall off easily. so with minimal brushing and weekly bath, they still stay white and fluffy Wink

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 23, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #33 of 46 (1057 views)
Shortcut

hi JunkGirl,

Yes. Why not ?

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #34 of 46 (1054 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for all the info and advice ppl!! Sly....all the GR owners in this forum have healthy and good looking dogs. They should feel proud to have owners like u guys!!Wink

I notice a lot of GR lovers in this forum too. GRs must be a very popular breed in Msia. That's good..at least ppl r breaking away from the typical shih tzus and pekingese (not discriminating but just personal view that years ago it's like a trend - pekingese and shih tzus. I think the trend now is moving to MS and Pugs. There should be more variety and knowledge in breeds rather than get the "in" breed).
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2003, 11:09 PM

Post #35 of 46 (1047 views)
Shortcut

How about the goldie? Good looking?Laugh

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 11:24 PM

Post #36 of 46 (1045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Hello! I am new.....what breed's right? [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course!! is the champion of the champions...Tongue

Is Bean also urs??
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2003, 11:26 PM

Post #37 of 46 (1044 views)
Shortcut

HAHHAHAHHHAHAH~~~Laugh you really made me happy happy~

Bean was mine "virtually", now becomes NEMO, belongs to Chloe & Wkser.

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 11:32 PM

Post #38 of 46 (1042 views)
Shortcut

Huh? A bit confused.

If a dog is used to its name and then new owners change its name, will they respond? Sometimes i pity those dogs that r put up for adoption....already having difficulty adapting to new lifestyle...have to adapt to new name SOMEMORE!!

If humans r dogs..they'll probably already suicide out of frustration!..Hmmm...it's not easy being a dog...Unsure
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2003, 11:34 PM

Post #39 of 46 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Oooooooooo~ that puzzled me too. But what could I do?Crazy
Me also being informed by the new name LATELY.

(This post was edited by mackmack on Jul 23, 2003, 11:35 PM)

in
Novice

Jul 24, 2003, 1:06 AM

Post #40 of 46 (1034 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Same as you, I'm new to the wonderful world of dogs. I was recently doggy-sitting a dog for someone and was helping out to find a new family for the dog. We had the dog for one week and was thinking of keeping him ourselves.

Like you, we are both woking from morning to night. so that means the poor thing was left alone inside the house the whole day. I found myself waking up earlier everymorning (5.30 am) so that I can feed him and be with him for a while and every evening, I would rush home from work. Sometimes we are back only after 9 pm. He'll be given our full attention until it is bedtime for us.

However, we felt bad ..... guilty even .... for leaving him at home alone. So we decided that having a dog at this point in our lives is not the time. We will wait until we have kids of our own and wait until they are school going age, at least the dog will only be alone for half day!!

The dog has been adopted by a new family and we really really miss him. BTW, new families seldom re-name an adopted dog.

Regards

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 24, 2003, 2:09 AM

Post #41 of 46 (1031 views)
Shortcut

Hi ! I noticed some photos that ur dog is at the LA airport. Did u send it somewhere? Was it stressful, i mean the travelling for the dog? Smile
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 24, 2003, 2:12 AM

Post #42 of 46 (1030 views)
Shortcut

Yes, we had a road trip from Michigan to Minneapolis, the by air from Minneapolis to Denver then to LA, and transit all the way back to KLIA.

was doing great tru out the journey~Smile

would like to share my experience of it with you:

http://www.puppy.com.my/..._Lover_here!_P11619/

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 24, 2003, 2:17 AM

Post #43 of 46 (1028 views)
Shortcut

I C...Thanks for sharing ur experience with me. I am reading ur intro now. So u r in KL with now? Well...at least for Bean, u still get to see it rite cos u know the current owners. But i still a bit confused about u owing it "virtually"Crazy Hehehe...
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 24, 2003, 2:18 AM

Post #44 of 46 (1027 views)
Shortcut

I'm now in California, US. That's why all the while I'm a VIRTUAL onwer, VIRTUAL member here~

No more BEAN if you read the adoption thread, that she is now NEMO belongs to Chloe.

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 24, 2003, 3:44 PM

Post #45 of 46 (1021 views)
Shortcut

I have finished reading the forum about bringing back to KL. Very touching..Unsure*sob*sob*.Unsure.ur friends r all so helpful, esp the one that was on the MAS flight with . Carry whole bag full of 's stuffs..ehehheSly..and also the ppl in puppy.com.my were also very nice and helpful throughout the process of bringing to KL. Some family members also can't be bothered to help out their family members, not to mention friends and even ppl u've never met. I'll like to make a toast to all the nice, kind-hearted ppl who contributed to bringing to KL. Wink Hehe..it's like u can write a short book - The Adventures of of 's Journey to KL...ehehehe.

It must have been very stressful at that time. U r already worrying about , if he will do well throughout the trip...somemore have to go thru so much procedured and paperwork...hmmm...

U still miss ? I guess when u r used to having a pet around and suddenly its not around, like missing something rite?
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 24, 2003, 4:25 PM

Post #46 of 46 (1022 views)
Shortcut

You have known everything in my mind.Smile

Yes, many kind-hearted and helpful ppl here. Imiss a lot, and i'm just missing something here~ on the other hand, i gained a lot of precious internet-friendship from this forum. Just cant' wait to go home to meet everyone in person and pat the dogs.

Thanks you for your time reading my storySmile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my