First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 25, 2003, 4:05 PM

Post #26 of 33 (1339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Is Golden Retriever Right?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Li Ping,
No, weare form Penang... I know there is one in Japanese Garden here but we are not MKA member. Afterall, Trivor is 7 months old. She still ahve to wait for another 5 months to join the agility training.
My hubby's friend (not MKA) has his own agility training (a smaller size). I am thinking to engage him later...
Thanks!!

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 25, 2003, 6:30 PM

Post #27 of 33 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaoBao] Is Golden Retriever Right?? [In reply to] Can't Post

U have i GR and i Shihtzu....how old r they? DO they get along together? I m looking to get a GR and a MS (1 big 1 small just like ur dogs) but a bit worried that when they play together might accidentally crush the smaller one Crazycos GRs r quite big compared to MS.

Hehe..ur shitzhu looks very comfortable huh?!Sly Do u have a pic of ur GR?

Regards,
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 25, 2003, 6:57 PM

Post #28 of 33 (1333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Is Golden Retriever Right?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Labbies are getting more recognition now,la ... Last time my friend wanna sell a lab, when ppl came to see it, they ask "Why are you selling that mongrel?"

funny isn't it...

Regards,
Swee Eng

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 25, 2003, 7:48 PM

Post #29 of 33 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Is Golden Retriever Right?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi swee eng,

hmph. funny. actually, if u look from far, to people who doesn't know dogs, they'd thought it's a mongrel.. for us who recognize the breeds, we easily know it's a lab.

most often this happens more on black labs than the brown ones.. sad isn't it? labs and goldens look alike, with a difference that they have short hair. it's a very handsome breed.. perhaps as more people keep labradors in malaysia this'll change...well.. many ppl has been keeping labbies recently :)

regards.
hunter

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Jul 25, 2003, 8:08 PM

Post #30 of 33 (1327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Is Golden Retriever Right?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with u Sweeeng...a lot of the older generations (e.g. our parents & grandparents) are very ignorant about dog breeds..they see dog with long, nice coat like spitz, shihtzu or pekingese, they'll say those r 'good-type' dogs - like got status and expensive but when they see more normal looking dogs like labs - they think it's 'lousy-type' dog. I wish these ppl will be more educated and not judge a dog by it's looks. I think if something happen to them, the "normal-looking" dogs r the one that r gonna save them while the "cute & furry" one just looks on..heheheTongue (No offence to furry dogs but pls get my point - just trying to prevent dog discrimination by ignorant ppl here). THese type of ppl r usually the ones that buy dogs for show and then find out later that their cute looking dogs doesnt suit them and dump them.

Actually Labs r really intelligent. In Australia, they r normally seen guiding the blind onto trains, crossing streets etc. It's really amazing..i also wonder how they do it.

Hopefully puppy.com.my will educate more ppl about dogs. Smile
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2003, 5:13 PM

Post #31 of 33 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junkgirl] Is Golden Retriever Right?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah..... in Australia, the labs are use to guide the blinds... they can even press the traffic light button so that the cars will stop and they will cross. They are really intelligent... It made my sister so convinced to get a lab... but of course i told her that if it's not trained, also no differences wan, la ... Wink

Regards,
Swee Eng

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2003, 12:56 AM

Post #32 of 33 (1312 views)
Shortcut

haloo... hope u have decided which breed to get.. i'm sure either one will be just a wonderful!!! Wink

I think my goldie is happier outside the house cos he can run n play n try his luck to swim with the fishies.. my schanuZer prefers to b in the house tho.... they find each other irritating..hehee.. but love to play with one another just the same!!! One prob with the 2 breeds together though, my popeye always gets his furr all sticky with harvey's saliva from playing... so u need more care for grooming the little one.

i was worried that harvey will crush the small one too at first...but they're ok... little schnauzer usually looses the battle cos he's sooo much smaller.. but win big time cos we sayang balek... hahaaaaa.Tongue

princess_0920
Novice

Aug 8, 2003, 7:54 AM

Post #33 of 33 (1303 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

in my opinion, i dun think that a Golden retriever will suitable for you as they are active dogs n need a lot of excersices do price in ur consideration too? u didnt state out whether u would like to hv imported dogs or local one.bcos there is a big gap between imported n local dogs. if u really wan to have two dogs tat is obedient,easy train n can accompany u to sleep, gr is the best selection of all..but if u really wanna to keep gr as ur fren, u must treat them well n play wif them.i have a gr too. it's toox3 naughty n over active,(that is all i can describe him,sorry!) but of course he is a clever dog,whatever i taught him, he can memerize n followed my command in 5 mins.but of course u must gv him treats.heheWinkhe is a cutie dog..but he will be sad if u didnt play wif him or he will go for diet if he didnt see me or my family.especially when we're not around.he will eat his food after u 'sayang' him n combed him. it's so cute. i do agree that u keep gr as ur pet,but u must take care of him very well as he is a furry dog. but if u really wan me to gv u a suggestion, i suggest u to rear a whitie,west highland terrier.it's too cute,my fren owned one.but it may too expensive to u,for local westie,it will cost u rm4000 above to have it,for local gr, u may cost rm1800-2200 to have it.anyway ,the final decision is up to u.tq! Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my