Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!!

wangwang
Novice

Jul 17, 2003, 10:09 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2570 views)
Shortcut
my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! Can't Post

Hi everybody!

My Pug is already 14 months old. He is pee on every corner of my house. I understand that this is a marking problem. I had lock him into his room, or punish him when I see he pee in the wrong place. But it seem like this also can not stop him to pee on every where he like. I know that he could understand that he doing wrong after he pee in the wrong place. This is because he always automatically go back to his room to hide after he pee in the wrong place (So clever huh!!). But, I always pull him out to scold and punish him although he is showing his "kehsian" face.

Just now, he is pee on my sofa. OH MY GOD! Anybody can tell me how to clean it and leave no smell on my sofa. My sofa is not PVC sofa, it is fabric and without cover on it.

Pleaseeeeeee!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2003, 6:04 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wangwang] my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there !!!

My furkid also used to pee everywhere. For me, what i do is that i will bring him to the back garden to pee daily. sometimes he will forget and pee in the house but only on certain areas. like your furkid, whenever he pee at the wrong place and i did not notice, he will come up to me and wagging the tail. when i discover the pee, i shouted "Cocoa come here". he will quickly hide under the sofa and stay there till i finish cleaning up the mess. after that, he will wagging tails at you again. sometimes, i will pull him out and scold him and beat him at his buttock gently and so cannot. same one, show the kesian face for you to see.

it;s kind of hard to train them, but if you let them make their business at one place. they will stick to it soon.

^^Jan^^

evebbykw
Novice

Jul 17, 2003, 6:58 PM

Post #3 of 12 (2565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jan] my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the day I bought Ryan home, I make him pee and poo on his pee pee tray so that he won't messed around. Initially he pee pee at the hall, and I dun talk to him. I think he know I am angry abt him so he day by day will go to the kitchen and do his business on his pee pee tray!!! Right now, he already 1 years old, as usual he will go to his pee tray, never missed. This make my cleaning more easier. Under the mesh wire of the tray, I placed some newspaper underneth so that he can smell his scent there.... Really take a while, you need to be more patient. Maybe you can start with newspaper training, see whether its help!!!

Kowpa

Jul 17, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jan] my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi If your dog pee everywhere I dare to tell you that your dog have not learn what housebreaking is all about Go teach him where you want him to do his business be4 you punish him. The spot where he pee is not clean enough that's why he pee again Clean the spot n make sure is smelless to your dog. The way u punish him is totally wrong. When he make a mistake by peeing u should clean up the mess instead of calling him This will teach the dog not to come when called. This dog does not know why you pull him out under the sofa and smack him. Only u who know what went wrong but not the poor dog.

kowpa

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 5:46 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowpa] my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there !! my dog do not learn housebreaking before. Actually, when i took him home, he was already 11 months old. so kind of hard to teach him as the previous owner already let my furkid used to do what he likes. But actually do need time to teach him.

Do you have any ways to teach him how to pee/poo at the correct place?

^^Jan^^

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 5:53 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evebbykw] my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there !! thanks for your advice...it's kind of hard to used newspaper training as my furkid right now is living in my bf's home. so it's kind of a big family there and some more if i put newspaper on a certain spot, i just afraid that my bf's family members won't like it. anyway, my bf is going to move soon. and that's a good time to teach him. but my furkid really have a habit where he will pee everywhere in a new place he go, like marking territory...kind of hard to teach him as he used to do what he likes...so when he comes to my hand, aiyoh...you will having headaches....but sometimes he can make you really want to laugh...he always bump himself on the wall, the first time i saw him...he is kind of having bad eye sight as the previous did not take good care of him. i bought him from a guy in klang, kl. i heard that he is not a good breeder..don't know how to address him....he always take a bad health dogs to sell..kind of cheated by him...but Cocoa was a really cute and adorable...so i won't regret of taking him home as my beloved friend.

^^Jan^^

^^Jan^^

wangwang
Novice

Jul 18, 2003, 8:20 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowpa] my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank for your advised. Sorry for not making the situation clear. I had train my PUG to go to toilet. I had prepared a toilet for him. He know to go to the toilet by himself. errrrr....it mean, when he happy, he will go back to his room and pee on his toilet ; When he not happy, he will simply pee on everywhere. Another thing is....he will never poo outside his toilet.

I had buy a kind of liquid from the pet shop. This liquid is use to cover the smell of his pee. After he pee, i will clean the floor, then I will spray the liquid on the floor. But, no use.....he will go to other place to pee.

In front of me...he will never pee on the wrong place. So, I can not catch him on the spot when he pee...So I no choice, I had to pull him out to scold and punish him. At first, I just scold him only..but he seem to not scared at all...then I no choice lor...I punish him lah...

Please....any good suggestion for me????

Kowpa

Jul 19, 2003, 9:16 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wangwang] my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

U have to retrain him. This dog has been punish for mistake previously that's why infront of u he won't pee but will pee if u aren't around this make things difficult.so my advise is to retrain him. and please make sure that your dog really 100% understand what u want be4 u correct him

Kowpa

Jul 19, 2003, 9:25 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2542 views)
Shortcut

U can still train him even thou he is 11 months old his previous environment is totally different with the current one so is not really difficult to train toilet training B4 u start do u Have the time to supervise him? Have heard about crate training?

lynn1157
Novice

Jul 19, 2003, 5:55 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2538 views)
Shortcut

zoey is 2. she knows how to urine on her tray. the problem is when i'm not looking or not ard, she'll urine on the floor, sofa or bed. when i'm ard, she'll go to her tray!!. is she seeking attention?

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2003, 5:27 PM

Post #11 of 12 (2523 views)
Shortcut

hi there !!
I do have the time to supervise him. What is crate training ?? mind to tell me here. Thanks first

^^Jan^^

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 21, 2003, 5:44 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynn1157] my PUG pee on my sofa...and every corner of my house!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes I think when the dog simply urine when we're not looking, is b'cos they wanna get our attention....

Regards,
Swee Eng

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my