Curry Leaves?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 17, 2003, 9:13 AM

Post #1 of 24 (2177 views)
Shortcut
Curry Leaves? Can't Post

hey everyone,Smile

has anyone tried using curry leaves in their dogs' food to repel fleas? i read somewhere that it works...it works the same way garlic does..

i remembered someone mentioning something about currypowder but i can't remember who..sorryUnsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 17, 2003, 12:30 PM

Post #2 of 24 (2174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

i used to feed my min pin garlic...she never had any serious health problems..i guess garlic did work...however, not too sure about curry leaves tho..hey man, i can't get curry leaves here!!Tongue

ciaoCool
Meme

odie moves MY world!

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2003, 6:07 PM

Post #3 of 24 (2169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there !!

Sometimes my furkid will have fleas problem but just for a short time. but do garlic make your furkid mouth stink??

^^Jan^^

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2003, 7:25 PM

Post #4 of 24 (2164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jan] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jan

i feed my furkid garlic occasionally too... but it's ok... it doesn't make his mouth stink....

jac

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 17, 2003, 10:19 PM

Post #5 of 24 (2158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

UnsureCrazystrawhoney, where do u live??? can't get curry leaves?

nope,it usually doesn't smell like garlic but I have a cocker spaniel and terrier mix...she inherited the spaniel ears and terrier's fur around the mouth..so have to really wash it..but there's still abit of smell..Unsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

zack
Dog Kichi

Jul 17, 2003, 10:23 PM

Post #6 of 24 (2158 views)
Shortcut

hi meme,
how much of garlic should i feed my dog per day in order to prevent ticks?

Thomas
>Thomas<

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 2:46 AM

Post #7 of 24 (2154 views)
Shortcut

Hi strawhoney,

U stay bside KLCC? how come cant get curry leaves? even supermarket can get la, hehe. But it's my 1st time heard that dog eat garlic, i thought garlic only gd for human. u mixed garlic w food or jz let ur min pin eat it? giv us some tips

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 18, 2003, 10:36 AM

Post #8 of 24 (2148 views)
Shortcut

No lar...it won't stink...don't give him like one whole garlic mar..give him maybe a clove..small one..you noe,they might choke on it..
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 18, 2003, 10:40 AM

Post #9 of 24 (2147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

hai...i live in 'gum sarn'...hehehe..san francisco lor..i'm klite tho...studying ere..where the he** am i going to get curry leaves...hehe....rosemary got ler...everywhere!!but not the right substitute..heheTongue

what smell you talking about?you mean curry leaves?the smell is good wut...ppl use it to cook curry and my fav,'gum heong lala'...Tongue
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 18, 2003, 10:45 AM

Post #10 of 24 (2146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zack] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

don't feed that poor doggie everyday..poor thing...just one clove per week should be sufficient...or maybe twice a week the most...hey,don't count on my words...cuz you noe lar,we love to feed our dogs this and that but are they really medically approved?some are not and i'm not sure about garlic...dogs hate garlic..maybe because of the strong smell...you have to do some tricks to get your doggie to chomp on it....maybe you insert the clove of garlic inside a slice of bread or anything that works for you..Smile
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 18, 2003, 11:01 AM

Post #11 of 24 (2144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

Beside KLCC?That means I live in a hotel larCrazyMadAngelicno lar..i live in a jungle..i'm a sakaiPirateSly and whenever you pass by karak highway, remember to visit my lemang stall..TongueCoolhehehehe

some dogs do eat garlic..like my min pin...she had good health her whole life...not big problems...when you feed your doggie garlic, you need to have some tricks in hand..maybe you need to have a piece of chicken meat or something..and insert the garlic in there...or you can always chop the garlic first...it won't hurt your doggie i guess...ancient time, ppl do eat garlic to prevent sickness...

hey if you have any questions, let me know..do my best to answer, with my limited knowledge..ahem...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 5:35 PM

Post #12 of 24 (2139 views)
Shortcut

okok...i will try to give him tonight. anyway, my furkid not always have fleas. How come sometimes his body will have 5 to 6 fleas attached to his skin and some more big big one ?? i used to let him pee/poo in the back garden. Is there any certain times for the fleas to attack our furkid ?

^^Jan^^

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 5:57 PM

Post #13 of 24 (2138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jacng] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there !!

Long time did not chat with you...how ya ??

okie...if my furkid did not have any fleas, can i stop giving him garlic??

^^Jan^^

ashley
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2003, 7:53 PM

Post #14 of 24 (2136 views)
Shortcut

Hehehe!! meme when u become sakai??
i also let my furkids eat chop garlic. They very clever if i give them only garlic they will run away. Mad
So nomarlly i will mix chicken meat with garlic.Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

zack
Dog Kichi

Jul 18, 2003, 8:00 PM

Post #15 of 24 (2136 views)
Shortcut

thanks, but i think there r special garlic tablets manufactured for our fur kids and also tick repellent collars.

Thomas
>Thomas<

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 11:58 PM

Post #16 of 24 (2123 views)
Shortcut

hi jan...

been a bit busy lah...

well... i gave my furkid garlic (half a clove everyday, finely chopped, mixed into his kibbles) when he had flea problem... after abt a month, when there is no more flea problem, i cut down his intake... now i only feed him about 2 weeks once loh... just chop a bit extra garlic when i am frying vegetables and mix into his kibbles.... just for prevention...

what about you? busy?

to your question leh... i guess its up to every person kwah.... whether they still want to give garlic or not.... some might prefer garlic tablets... but for me i still prefer fresh garlic.... at least IMHO, I feel there's less preservatives in fresh garlic that in tablet form.

jac

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2003, 5:37 PM

Post #17 of 24 (2112 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jac

Me too also busy...anyway, will be working in a new company soon...so will be really busy as i have to go for trainings and seminars.

I will try to give him raw garlic if he don't like, i will try to mix with his kibble. But i think he would eat it as he likes to eat.

Jac, my furkid urine is quite yellowish and the smell....yucks...you can really faint when you smell it. i realized that other shih tzu's urine is not that yellowish. he's been like that since i took him home. is there any way to make the urine not that yellowish and smelly??

^^Jan^^

jacng
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2003, 5:54 PM

Post #18 of 24 (2111 views)
Shortcut

hi jan...

switching to another company? that's good... coz should be better pay/benefitslah...

well... to answer ur question abt the urine.. i am not so surelah... coz my furkid's urine has alwiz been rather yellowish (something like human's urine when they dun drink enuff water) and the smell is not too bad if u clean it up immediately... but if u leave it for a few hours then it smells.... but i feel that this is normal(maybe can get confirmation from sifu in the forum)

coz if the urine is too clear then it's a sign that there is something wrong with the kidney(i think i read this somewhere in the forum)...

i dun think i am answering ur question rite? solilah... coz i really dunno....

calling all sifu sifu out there, maybe u can help?Smile

jac

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2003, 6:47 PM

Post #19 of 24 (2110 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jac

Yup..switching to a new company. pay is lower than the current company. The new company is an insurance company. i think i can learn a lot from there. anyway, dun mistake me for selling insurance. i'm just a personal asst. for an agent. so don't worry, i won't ask people to buy insurance one.

hopefully someone can help me out on this thing. i think my furkid drink around one bottle of water a day and sometimes more. is the water enough for him??

the urine smell is too strong liao...just would like to know izzit normal for my furkid or not...if not, then have to do something about it.

^^Jan^^

poor_me
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2003, 7:57 PM

Post #20 of 24 (2101 views)
Shortcut

Garlic? Would the doggies eat them willingly? I dunno about ur furkids, but my Lil' Monster seems a tad choosy about his food.

How do you coax them into eating garlic?

Regards,

Alan

sharon
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #21 of 24 (2095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [poor_me] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Alan,

I give Makiyo garlic softgel, bought it from supermarket (human 1).... she loves it Tongue

cheers
Me & Makiyo

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 7:56 AM

Post #22 of 24 (2090 views)
Shortcut

hi, Smile

I feed my pup garlic too. sometimes the raw clove, sometimes the ones in a bottle. For the raw ones, I'll have to place it right behind his throat and close his mouth and massage it down. For the garlic pills, I'll just add some palatable supplement (those in the toothpaste form) on it and he'll just take it and swallow it

Garlic is good as flea repellent

hope this helps!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2003, 5:39 PM

Post #23 of 24 (2087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Curry Leaves? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileI feed my dogs 1 small sized clove of garlic(raw) each every few days. I just chop it up..mix in the food and the wallap it. My latest addition to the family so far hasn't got any fleas since he arrived and I can't remember the last time Silky had fleas.Smile

how bout the curry leaves??
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 23, 2003, 3:44 PM

Post #24 of 24 (2083 views)
Shortcut

hey there,

you can chop it and then mix it in with his food..or you can use some tricks..maybe use a piece of chicken and then insert the garlic in...it's totally up to you..but make sure you don't let your doggie sees you with the garlic...PirateSly

take care
Meme

odie moves MY world!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my