Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
How to clean da M.Schnauzers beard .... =)

stanleysi
Novice

Jul 16, 2003, 10:40 PM

Post #1 of 8 (2532 views)
Shortcut
How to clean da M.Schnauzers beard .... =) Can't Post

I notice that it's er .. a little brownish .. maybe due to her being a sloppy eater :P. Uh .. is there anything I can apply to clean the beard / fur to get it less brown / lighter ? :) .. I kinda like a bigger contrast between the salt and pepper sections of my MS. Can I bathe her like twice a week instead of once at 3 1/2 months? She's kinda like stepping on her own poo poo at times as well ... :( ..

Regards,

Stan

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 11:31 PM

Post #2 of 8 (2527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleysi] How to clean da M.Schnauzers beard .... =) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Stanley,

No need to bath her twice a week. In fact, since she's indoors most of the time now (at least till she finish her 3rd jab), you can even bath her every 10days or so. Just wash her paws with running water and towel dry. As for her beard, use a paper towel after every meal to wipe the beard. Beard staining is due to the saliva pH. If she licks herself often, then the beard will be stained brown.

To maintain the whiteness, you can try a whitening shampoo. But at this stage, just enjoy her puppyhood. Plenty of time to tackle these issues later.

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jul 17, 2003, 4:48 PM

Post #3 of 8 (2522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] How to clean da M.Schnauzers beard .... =) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur,

I've noticed that Yippi's beard color is changing to red/brown color too Frown. You mentioned about using the whitening shampoo, is it just use it on the area with white coat, like the beard and legs ??

Arthur, there is one thing that I can't make decision. Yippi is 1 year 3 months old now, it is advisable to spay him ?? Any harm to him if spay him at this age ?? Frown

Smile Eliza

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 17, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] How to clean da M.Schnauzers beard .... =) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eliza,

Yes, just use it on the white portions of Yippi's coat. That normally works. Other than that, some MS owners have said that by switching over to a BARF diet, the beard whitens by itself. Smile

To desex the furkids we use the following terms: Dog = Neuter, Bitch = spaying. So for Yippi, it is still ok to neuter him at this age. In fact, it's easier for a dog cos' everything is done outside the body. (Same for humans!)

Rdgs Arthur

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jul 17, 2003, 6:43 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] How to clean da M.Schnauzers beard .... =) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Arthur, Thanks for your information Smile. Will you switch your furkids to BARF diet. I dare not try lar... Tongue

I will having the third grooming for yippi probably next 2 weeks. I will then post the picture up for your comments... Wink

Smile Eliza

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Jul 19, 2003, 7:48 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2508 views)
Shortcut

hi arthur,

just curious, what is BARF diet?
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

robee
Dog Kichi

Jul 21, 2003, 6:14 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleysi] How to clean da M.Schnauzers beard .... =) [In reply to] Can't Post

staining of the beard cn be due to hormonal changes, weather etc. Even taking medication like some antibiotics family etc cn stain the beard. The staining is due to the saliva. Some MS experience seasonal staining. What you can do is to keep the beard as dry as possible. Washing it regularly helps too.

don't be too paraniod over the beard....
Wht's better than two miniature schnauzer? Three miniature schnauzers!

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 21, 2003, 7:08 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] How to clean da M.Schnauzers beard .... =) [In reply to] Can't Post

Please read this thread on BARF

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my