Dry Skin

evebbykw
Novice

Jul 16, 2003, 1:21 AM

Post #1 of 4 (975 views)
Shortcut
Dry Skin Can't Post

Hi,

How to have a soft sliky coat cos my dog, Ryan have tried several type of shampoo and conditioner but the fur is still very dry and rough. please share with me if you have any suggestions......

zack
Dog Kichi

Jul 19, 2003, 10:09 PM

Post #2 of 4 (970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evebbykw] Dry Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,
dry skin huh, how often do u bath your dog? i don't think the shampoo is the main issue due to your dog dry and rough fur. dogs releases oil from their body and it is advicable to groom (comb) your dog everyday in order to spread it to the fur. That is y some dogs have beautiful and shinny fur and if u bath your dog too often then your dog will have rough fur.
>Thomas<

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 20, 2003, 12:18 AM

Post #3 of 4 (964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zack] Dry Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

Truely agree with Thomas. Should not bath the retrievers too often, only bath them when neccessary (dirts & muds) So that to protect their coat.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 20, 2003, 8:28 AM

Post #4 of 4 (951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evebbykw] Dry Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

yes, like others mentioned, the dogs shouldn't be bathed too often. dull coating is also due to the dog food and infrequent grooming (groom often to remove dead hair, will look more shinier also, like zack and mack said).

you ought to try out some medicated shampoos in the market and bathe the dog with warm water with it (so that the shampoo have better contact with the skin). also there are many supplements like oil and tablets for shiny silky doggie hair.

i did not bother to do all that all this while and ended up with a dog that sheds mountains of hair and rough, dull coat. it was only recently i took all these steps after my dog is diagnosed by a vet. now his is a happy dog with a sun silk hair :))

regards,
silky hair hunter

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my