SKC / Proplan Dog show in Singapore July03

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 15, 2003, 8:28 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1726 views)
Shortcut
SKC / Proplan Dog show in Singapore July03 Can't Post

Hi folks!

Just posted some pictures from the recent Singapore Kennel Club (SKC) / ProPlan Dog Show held on 13July at the Expo Hall 5, Singapore. Very nice venue..huge..like a football stadium fully aircond. Smile

They have space for 2 show rings, 1 obedience/utility trails ring, 1 fun event ring, with room left over for shopping stalls, and generous benching areas. In Singapore, they charge $5 per head to go in. Crazy But lotsa people come. Many with their pets as well. Very popular breeds are the Mini Schnauzers SmileSmile, JRTs (Never saw so many of them in one place..defintely not a DLL group!), the ever popular Goldies, Siberian Huskies (they have an active Siberian Huskies Club) and Shetland Sheepdogs (many with thick, gorgeous coats..very nice..Smile)

The fun events have a race in which the owner has to encourage the dog to run towards him/her the fastest, using food as a bait (Sponsored by Beggin Strips) Winner hands down was a very energtic JRT! Reminds me of Biscuit. Smile

Fancy dress was next, I saw a dog dressed as a hot dog..meaning, he has 2 buns attached to his sides. Hilarous!Sly A mini schnauzer was dressed like a witch, while another came in a sequined dress as a mama-san!Laugh

Obedience trails I managed to see a very discipline JRT performing the novice excercise like a pro! Reward was a ball to play with after each successful excercise. Impressive! Gina, Mike.. you reading this? Wink

Did not stay long enough for the Best in Show. Will check up the SKC website for details later.

All in all, a long, tiring day but very enjoyable. Next time, must send a puppy.com team down. Shud be more fun in a group. Check out the photo gallery under overseas dog show category. Hope the pictures will be online by then.

Rdgs Arthur

SapphiraMS
New User

Jul 15, 2003, 10:58 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] SKC / Proplan Dog show in Singapore July03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Art were u there? Didn't see you!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 15, 2003, 12:38 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] SKC / Proplan Dog show in Singapore July03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur,

Yazi sent me the links to view the pics of SKC too. I've posted the links in the "Photo Competition" thread.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 9:55 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1699 views)
Shortcut

hi arthur,

did not know that 13th July was the Proplan dog show in singapore... sigh sigh. from the way u pictured it, sure was a blast.

were the levels of obedience there higher than Malaysia's? how did the intermediate and open categories did? strict rules maybe???

regards,
hunter

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SapphiraMS] SKC / Proplan Dog show in Singapore July03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jamie,

Yup.. I was there early by 10am. Went around all over the place, admiring all the nice MS there and talking to their owners. Saw you later but you were kinda busy. Later I met your boyfriend together with Khan at the SCS booth. BTW, the SCS ceramics magnets are now proudly displayed on my fridge.Smile

Congrats on Arwen in coming 2nd place in the Baby Puppy catergory. There were soooo many exhibits..at least 20 right?

SapphiraMS
New User

Jul 17, 2003, 10:29 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1675 views)
Shortcut

Thanks :) I think around there or maybe 16? Ermm not sure Crazy

Everything was a haze to me now lol. Blush All I know was not to be nervous.

Glad you like the fridge magnet :) Seems to be the most sellable item. I personally prefer the plates and the salt and pepper shaker heh. Got a plate for myself with Nimo's pic on it. The one with hearts design at the sides.

You coming down for the next show in Sept? If coming and see me just drop by :) I don't mind interruptions lol.

A question - Dogs coming from M'sia require quarantine? Will be good if both sides do not require quarantine so you can come down to show.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my