Questions for Uncle Derrick.

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2002, 7:21 AM

Post #1 of 7 (4425 views)
Shortcut
Questions for Uncle Derrick. Can't Post

Uncle Derrick Smile,

I have few questions to ask you(it's might be stupid onesTongue to you but to me it's value information )...,

1) Does MKA has any member in Sarawak?

2) If yes, how are they going to implant the microchip in their puppy... thru local vet here?

3) Is it easier to import MKA cert. dog into Sarawak than others? I only know to get your pet over, 6 months quarantine is required. FrownI also have read in website how to bring/import dog into M'sia but not to Sarawak. I need more information, just in case I fall in love with a dog at West M'sia Tongue... I need to know how to bring it back to Sarawak.... It's pity if we cannot enjoy their puppyhood(6mths quarantine is too long!Unsure).

Thanks for reading my questionsBlush.

Eve.

P/S: to reply privately pls email me at evehoc Wink

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 8, 2002, 1:11 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evehock] Questions for Uncle Derrick. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Eve,
You have heard of that saying one man's poison is another man's meat?
If you think that the information is useful to you and after I have evaluated your questions, its my duty for being The Consultant to answer them to the best of my ability.

1) "Does MKA has any member in Sarawak?" Yes. How many? I won't know but you could find out from:
Sarawak Kennel Association.
P.O.Box 670
93756 Kuching. Sarawak.
Tel: 082-242790. Fax: 082-254436
Mrs. Marie Chin Song.

2) "If yes, how are they going to implant the microchip in their puppy... thru local vet here?"
Same method and system as being employed in West Malaysia. The microchip will be despatched from head office MKA in Tm Tun Dr. Ismail.

3) "Is it easier to import MKA cert. dog into Sarawak than others?" For the time being, I understand that no dogs from West Malaysia is allowed to be imported into Sarawak, because of the outbreak of Nipah Virus some 2 years ago. So don't fall in love with dogs from West Malaysia. Dogs imported from Australia, UK, Singapore, and certain European countries are exempted from the 6 months quarantine. Best you check with your local authorities.

I think I have wrapped up the lot.

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2002, 6:52 AM

Post #3 of 7 (4398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Questions for Uncle Derrick. [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughThank you uncle,

You are such a great efficient consultant. You are not only answer all my questions,you also provides me the most valuable information and knowledge.Cool..... I know we have Sarawak Kennel Association but never know where are their location and they have connection with MKA.

What a pity... Cann't find love in PeninsularFrown.... Well, it seem I have to find it in Sarawak which have no procedure to worry. BTW, what is the differ of puppy mill and dog farm? Lately, I hear my friend bought a Daltmation puppy from a dog farm... She told me they have alot of different breed of dog. The place is clean and big....just like farm... only breed dog....Unsure It's these the place which you called puppy mill?

Thanks again Uncle Derrick... You are the best!Wink

Eve

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2002, 8:33 AM

Post #4 of 7 (4392 views)
Shortcut

Pls, don't bother to reply my question about puppy mill... Just read it in the Breeding and Whelping section. Blush I'm fully understand what is puppy mill. Thanks.

Eve

leopui
K9 Maniac

Jun 8, 2002, 8:55 AM

Post #5 of 7 (4388 views)
Shortcut

Hi Eve,

With reference to you quote read as ... Lately, I hear my friend bought a Daltmation puppy from a dog farm... She told me they have alot of different breed of dog. The place is clean and big....just like farm... only breed dog ... If it is not too much I am asking, would you like to share with me (or us) the location of this "farm"???

If you do not wish to publish the information in this forum, you may wish to write me private at e-mail . Thank You. By the way, I am from Miri, Sarawak.

LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

(This post was edited by leopui on Jun 8, 2002, 8:57 AM)

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2002, 7:04 AM

Post #6 of 7 (4376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] Questions for Uncle Derrick. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Leopui,

I don't know where is the farm located... Unsure somewhere in outskirt of City Kuching...I think. Tomorrow, I will go and ask my friend. May I ask why you would like to know? And one more thing I just remember... My friend did mention that they also import the GSD from Australia. My friend and her hubby encourage me to get a puppy from them... Lucky, after traveling, my pocket holes still not finish patch up and my credit cards still not heal from third degree burning.. So, I don't dare to go there, takut jatuh cinta...beside that, I'm not sure what type of dog to get too... Have to ask Tigger whether he would like a companion first Crazy?

BTW, Leopui, do you know any breeder of dog around Kuching or Miri? I might want to get a puppy in the future...2003 or 2004? If you don't know, never mind, cos I can contact SKA to look for them....but for sure that, I'm not going to get GSD or Rotti or any large breed dog cos my Mummy-in-law is a small size lady.... Tigger always love to bump into her or block her wayTongue....She has no strength to control him. What in my mind is to get a female dog to straighten Tigger's mind....LOL... I feel like a mother search a bride to guide her son....Laugh. Haiyo, typical chinese thinking!

Eve

leopui
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2002, 7:23 AM

Post #7 of 7 (4374 views)
Shortcut

Thank You for your reply, Eve. It would be great if you could get the "farm" location and to tell me who is the owner. I thought the owner of the "farm" may be a "long-lost" friend, which I have being trying to "keep" contact. Not a big deal if you can get the information!!!

You may contact SKA or you may contact me privately, the choice is your's!!!

Happy Posting!!!
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my