kesuke
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2003, 6:26 AM

Post #1 of 65 (5498 views)
Shortcut
how to improve coat condition? Can't Post

hi all..Smile

i posted this msg on friday but then dunno why hilang..Crazy
anyway i just wanna know how to improve my GR, billy's coat. coz it looks and feels kinda dull and dry. heard that adding a boiled egg or corn oil will help. any suggestions/tips? me all ears....Sly

thanksss!!!!

cheers,
kesuke & billy

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 13, 2003, 7:24 PM

Post #2 of 65 (5489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe you can give your dog some omega oil ...it should make the coat look more shinning..

Regards,

Swee Eng

nathalie
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2003, 6:33 AM

Post #3 of 65 (5477 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

for golden retriver, u can also apply some baby oil and the diet is very important. get a complete diet and u can see the differences within weeks or u can try nutricoat or vitapet or cod liver oilSmile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 14, 2003, 7:42 AM

Post #4 of 65 (5472 views)
Shortcut

Hi, you may try 'Nutri-C*at'.. me and my friends find it very effective... full of Omega stuff quar... after a few weeks, you can really see the 'shine' on your dog's coat... you can try or provide suppliment.. vitamins that contains more Omega (Cot Liver Oil or something like that)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 14, 2003, 11:08 AM

Post #5 of 65 (5470 views)
Shortcut

hi,

don't give too much boiled eggs, i've heard it's not good for the dog's health (high cholesterol?? dunno)

there's lot of supplements out there for nicer shinier coats. the most popular, is as mentioned by other members - nutricoa* ;)

(my dog doesn't like the taste of it, so i'm giving him some other tablets instead)

regards,
hunter

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 14, 2003, 5:00 PM

Post #6 of 65 (5470 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
Trivor used to havbe dandruff. We changed her food to super premium like Eagle pack... this improves her fur condition.
also, pls groom your dog everyday without fail. this acts as massage the oil gland.

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 14, 2003, 5:17 PM

Post #7 of 65 (5470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

Dandruff?? Does it have small small pimple like on it's skins as well.. that's what I've notice on Jaz's skin.. small little lumpy thing and when you try to scratch them off, they looks very flacky.. is that dandruff??Unsure

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 15, 2003, 12:31 AM

Post #8 of 65 (5464 views)
Shortcut

Hi kesuke,

My puppy's coat used to be dull esp when he was shedding his puppy fur.

I too, feed my Spitz with NutriC*** and Cod Liver Oil. Changed his kibbles to Lamb & Rice...add other supplement as well. Dunno whether this helps or not, but I do include Honey into the Oats I cook for him. With constant brushing as well, his coat has grown beautifully and now he's all white and fluffy. Smile

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 15, 2003, 1:00 PM

Post #9 of 65 (5449 views)
Shortcut

kesuke,

a GR you have? have u signed up our Just Retriever list under the GunDog Section? please do so to join our Da Lovely Largest group, ok?

For my opinion, Don't bath your Billy too often, Just bath him whenever there's neccesary to, say after her "mud bath" or when he's really in dirts. Else, you may just brush him several times per day and bath him not more than once a week or 2. This is to protect his GR special "double-coating". You may also try the Ironic Brush, it serves like a DRY-bathing-kit.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 15, 2003, 3:40 PM

Post #10 of 65 (5447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

When I brush Trivor, I see alot of flakes dropping. Exactly looks like human dandruff. White colour. Is that what you saw?
Trivor used to have pimples like that on the her ampit and body. Red colour, some black/ coco colour when it dried. Trivor kept scratching them. Try to use oatmeal-based shampoo and feed lamb and rice formula for less allergy. I also feed Trivor oatmeal once a week. Oatmeal acts as natural conditional for dog's skin.

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 15, 2003, 6:31 PM

Post #11 of 65 (5444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I thik we are referring to the same problem.. i think it's call Puss (according to Swee Eng). Anyway, how do you feed Trivor with oatmeal? Just add water?? won't that be too plain??

I try to feed Jaz Lamb and Rice kibbles.. and spray some T-Tree Oitment on her.. I think it's pretty cool and soothing for her.. Hope it will help! Unsure

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 12:06 AM

Post #12 of 65 (5441 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa, Smile

I feed Sparkle with Oats too...hehe i just buy Quaker Oats. But if you want to try maybe u should buy Nestum...smells better and it's smoother!!

When he was younger, after i mixed his puppy milk powder with water, I will boil it and add in the oats. Then I mix in one tbs of honey. Smells very good and he likes it. Tongue Now he's a bit more grown up, I use the HL Low Fat Milk which we buy to drink ourselves and cook it the same way.

Then I serve it with kibbles, NutriPlus gel and Nutricoat. Tongue He loves it! But then again my puppy has always had an appetite of a pig so he eats just about anything! Crazy

ashley
ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 1:36 AM

Post #13 of 65 (5437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz, Trivor] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Michelle
Oat can help coat??? really ah???
i will let my shitzu try !! Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 1:44 AM

Post #14 of 65 (5434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds very yummie... wonder who will eat it up!! me or Jaz! hahahahhaha!!! Ok Ok.. thanks for the info.. I will try it this weekend.. cook oat meal for her to see how it goes.. but since Jaz has long coat and Oat Meal are kinda sticky.. don't know can create a mess or not! ahahhahah! Smile

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 1:46 AM

Post #15 of 65 (5434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh...so this is how u promote ur Dan Lain Lain group of retriever...i sudah 'tau see' ahahahaPirateLaugh
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

nathalie
Doggyman

Jul 16, 2003, 6:34 AM

Post #16 of 65 (5428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi all,

i'm sorry taht i accidenttally advertised the brandBlush. u can look for food with flax seed coz it's very good for the skin tooSmileyes, nestum is good and milk is good too.Smile

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 5:01 PM

Post #17 of 65 (5426 views)
Shortcut

hahah Jaz can eat up the oatmeal and u can finish the kibbles if she decides not to eat it!! hahahah LaughTongue But must make sure that Jaz can take milk...if not sure lau sai la. If she cannot take milk u can just use plain water & honey Smile

I try to give it to Sparkle only before his bath time...so can brush his teeth after that and wash him till he looks white! Tongue

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 5:06 PM

Post #18 of 65 (5425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Ashley,

Actually I'm not too sure myself. But my friend said it was good for dogs, so I try only lor...mana tahu Sparkle likes it. So i improvise and added Honey and Milk Wink

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 5:19 PM

Post #19 of 65 (5423 views)
Shortcut

Oatmeal with Honey and Fruits sounds yummie!!! I think it's a good idea to let her eat then bath her... Yeah, better be careful with Milk.. if not can get tummie ache at times Smile Thanks for reminding!!

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jul 16, 2003, 5:30 PM

Post #20 of 65 (5422 views)
Shortcut

Hahahah.... SlySlySly cook a big pot and share share with jaz and also eve.... SlySlySly

Smile Eliza

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 6:14 PM

Post #21 of 65 (5419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah.. for Eve.. I'll add some DOG food!! She loves it! Wink

evebbykw
Novice

Jul 16, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #22 of 65 (5413 views)
Shortcut

Hi All,

Everyday, I feed Ryan with 500mg Vitamin C and Cod Liver and on alternate day I give him Primoses Evening Oil but seem like improve only on the apperance on the coat. It became more shiny on the coat but as for softness, dun see to improve a lot. From the groomer, he recommend me to feed Ryan on Vital Energy, it will help to boost up the immune system and also promote healthy skin as well for the coat. Now, still trying out, will let you guys know how the results!!! My brother dog's is now having 'Dematrix'. For only a weeks, the result is visible, the previous tear stains became lighter and the coat became shiny than last see. Maybe can try out too

ashley
ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 7:13 PM

Post #23 of 65 (5413 views)
Shortcut

Hi Michelle,
last time i also try to add in milk, oat with kibbles ...
it smell very yummy.. that time my purpose is to increase their apetize.Tongue When i give 3 of them, they dowan eat ?? kek see wah !UnsureMad i also donow Y, all like to bully their mummy !FrownUnsure
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 7:55 PM

Post #24 of 65 (5408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] how to improve coat condition? [In reply to] Can't Post

ashley, ur furkids hor mia lor......kekekke Wink

ashley
ALPHA

Jul 16, 2003, 8:29 PM

Post #25 of 65 (5406 views)
Shortcut

Ya they very hor mia, and like to bully me also!!
Now i mix the mash potato, mash carrot, meat with kibbles for them.. they will finish it very fast Smile see how naughty and picky!!Unsure
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my