An Average Medical Treatment ?? $$ ??

datogee
Novice

Jul 9, 2003, 6:02 PM

Post #1 of 24 (1745 views)
Shortcut
An Average Medical Treatment ?? $$ ?? Can't Post

Hello there everyone,

I'm new here n i hope i can get some help. C, i dont have any dogs or cats but i do plan to have them in the near future.

Bfr i can even think of tat can i know how much does someone need 2 spend for their best pals medical and wat kind of medical treatment do they need and for how long ?

I hope it is not 2 confusing Crazy I would like 2 know wat my expenses in the end of the day (financial planning) Cool

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 9, 2003, 7:12 PM

Post #2 of 24 (1741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [datogee] An Average Medical Treatment ?? $$ ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Basically it all depends on what breed of the dog and where do you get the dog from. If you get a smaller breed, you definitely spend less on the food ... If I've got only 1 Maltese, I only spend bout 40 - 50 on food, shampoo and supplement. If big dog, sure more, la ... and if that particular month have to go vaccination, sure spend a little more..

Where you get your dog is also important cos if you get a healthy one, no problem. But if you get something no so good, you'll end up with a lot of medical fee...

Regards,
Swee Eng

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 9, 2003, 8:09 PM

Post #3 of 24 (1736 views)
Shortcut

yeap, I agree with Swee Eng. We have a Golden, spend about RM150-200 each month on food and misc.
We spent more $$ at the initial stage on her medical fees like medical checkup, vaccines, other minor illness...

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2003, 7:31 AM

Post #4 of 24 (1728 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I did check this matter lso bcos my puppy is coming soon n i found that all vet got different charges on jab for puppy. After some research, i decided to bring my puppy to a vet clinic at Cheras, Tmn Segar, they charge 6 in 1 for RM36 n 7 in 1 for RM55, i think it's cheaper than other vet n bside that, this vet quite near to my house. All depend to different age of dog u keep, adult dog need 1 jab every year but puppy need 3 jab from 2nd mth to 4th mth.

Hope this might help u, c ya

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2003, 3:36 PM

Post #5 of 24 (1725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] An Average Medical Treatment ?? $$ ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Snowflake,

Izit the vet near leisure mall ? What is the name of the vet ? Yoda stay around that area too in sg long... Blush

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 11, 2003, 3:50 PM

Post #6 of 24 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Is He Dr. Ganas?

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

datogee
Novice

Jul 11, 2003, 5:49 PM

Post #7 of 24 (1720 views)
Shortcut

Smile Sounds interesting, maybe i go down and check out the vet first and find out more abt the medical checks.

Errr SnowFlake hehe where abt it is anyway ? I know Cheras so so only .. can give me some direction ah ? Laugh

Tq

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 13, 2003, 4:49 PM

Post #8 of 24 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Taman Segar is okay...i heard from my mom now the vet working there is a malay lady...i am not too sure tho cuz i don't live in KL..it's not too steep i suppose...

good luck
Meme

odie moves MY world!

jan
Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2003, 1:32 AM

Post #9 of 24 (1698 views)
Shortcut

Hi there !!

I do agree on sweeeng & trivor as it really depends on what type and size of dog you want to have.

For me, since the first day i took my furkid home. we really have to plan what to buy for them. shampoo, ear cleaner...i would say that for the first few months you will have to spend more for a puppy as they need three jabs and so on. their food is more expensive than the adult dog food. they need more nutrients. after that, you will only need to spend for food and supplements for each month.

I've been spending not more than RM100 per month.

^^Jan^^

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 2:53 AM

Post #10 of 24 (1691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] An Average Medical Treatment ?? $$ ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi KawChai,

Sorry i cany remember the name of the clinic but i rather call there a animal hospital bcos they got many 'patient' stay over there, they didnt sell dog but all accosseries n foods, they having a under ground tunnel to keep healthy adult dog. It's corner shop lot, very izzi to find, i think it's cheaper than other vet.

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 2:56 AM

Post #11 of 24 (1690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] An Average Medical Treatment ?? $$ ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ying,

Sorry, i dun know the name of vet, but last time i bring whisky there, it's a indian lady, forget her name bcos not in right mood last time.

U know all the vet at KL? suka suka can name out few of them, bravo, pui-foo pui-foo

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 3:00 AM

Post #12 of 24 (1689 views)
Shortcut

Hi dotogee,

U know where is Cheras Leisure Mall ma? the vet is jz bside the leisure mall, it's a corner shop lot, it's green colour building, very izzi to get it, hope u can find it. Gd luck

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2003, 5:37 AM

Post #13 of 24 (1688 views)
Shortcut

Hi snowflake,

It's just a guess from me accroding to your description of whereabout the clinic. It sounds familiar to me as I'm from Cheras and have sent my dogs to this vet for 10 yrs. I think it is very important to have a good relationship with the vet so that to know about the dog's condition better (benefits both the vet & the owner). However, Don't just stick with ONE vet, second opinion from another vet is always encouraged. and my next recommmendation goes to the vet in Old Klang Road.Smile

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2003, 5:44 AM

Post #14 of 24 (1687 views)
Shortcut

KawChai~

Yoda is now in Sg. Long?! too~Smile

sharon
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 6:55 PM

Post #15 of 24 (1682 views)
Shortcut

Hi Derrick,

Do u know any vet in Subang or Puchong which is charging reasonably? I was charged RM60 for a vac & I think I was overcharged..... my dad told me that our previous dogs' vac were about RM30-40 each only Crazy

Cheers,
Me & Makiyo

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2003, 2:44 AM

Post #16 of 24 (1675 views)
Shortcut

hi snowflake,

yeah...i think i know which one. is a corner shop, going up hill one. Quite obvious Sly

hmmm..i will go there n look c look c next time when i go to leisure mall...

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2003, 2:47 AM

Post #17 of 24 (1673 views)
Shortcut

Which part of sg long ? Near the golf-membership centre ?

Yoda stay in condo Unsure so, cannot walk walk everyday.. but he like to take fresh air by sitting at the balcony. I think he must be 'eyeing' leng lui at the swimming pool Shocked .

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2003, 7:59 AM

Post #18 of 24 (1669 views)
Shortcut

SL2/1Smile

houyee
Novice

Jul 19, 2003, 11:15 AM

Post #19 of 24 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sharon] An Average Medical Treatment ?? $$ ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

there's a vet behind jelutong post office (in penang) who charged like RM27 for UFEME (urine microscopy) AND 6 in 1 and i was rather pleasantly surprised. but the clinic looks a bit ancient and not as upmarket as the one i goto in ipoh kg simee. you know lah...age old question - style, or substance??
zippy 'rowena' kojak

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2003, 6:39 AM

Post #20 of 24 (1656 views)
Shortcut

Ying,

I went to SL2/1 today to see if i can bump into Tongue but Crazy only bump into a huge grey color travel crate infront Blush wonder if its one

Laugh

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2003, 12:13 PM

Post #21 of 24 (1652 views)
Shortcut

The crate is ourdoor??Mad Hmmm.... you keep trying, the mom will bring for a walk every morning and the owner will walk him in the evening. Been to my msn photo web? u can see the crate in one of the album.... see if it's the same one...

and PLEASE, update me about your "inspection" whenever you have the chance, ok?

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2003, 10:27 PM

Post #22 of 24 (1642 views)
Shortcut

i check out the gallery liao..but the one i saw is from side view & the gallery one is front view. But color almost the same Cool . maybe u tell me which house la...email to me sookfern@hotmail.com , then i do spot check for u.

Beside the sl2/1 house the got one playground... i take yoda to kaikai there one...

btw, yoda no poo poo since yesterday night... Frown dunno why.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2003, 11:08 PM

Post #23 of 24 (1640 views)
Shortcut

Ops~ thought u have visited my msn photo gallery, i have more pics of the crate to show you. Thanks for being my SPY.Wink

Hmmm.... why Yoda no poo-poo, make this kai-ma really worrying.....Unsure did u feed him fruits?? that might help.... mmm.... let him run run run and take more water for better "flow"~

sharon
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2003, 12:15 AM

Post #24 of 24 (1636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [houyee] An Average Medical Treatment ?? $$ ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know that vet in Jelutong..... Dr Yeoh if not mistaken.... he KILLED 2 of my dogs and 3 of my friend puppies Frown

Now, I am very particular in choosing the vet for my kiddo Wink
Me & Makiyo

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my