193 MKA All Breed in JB

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

agd
Novice

Jun 1, 2002, 12:51 AM

Post #1 of 34 (10277 views)
Shortcut
193 MKA All Breed in JB Can't Post

I just wanted to wish all the members showing the very best of luck on this up-coming event on June 9, too bad I can't make it this time, but I'll catch you folks at the next show in IpohSly.

Regards,

Aloy

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 1, 2002, 1:22 AM

Post #2 of 34 (10272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agd] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks mate.

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 1, 2002, 4:42 AM

Post #3 of 34 (10264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, good luck to all Smile

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 1, 2002, 5:39 AM

Post #4 of 34 (10262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks tweetie

delithra

Jun 6, 2002, 8:19 AM

Post #5 of 34 (10246 views)
Shortcut

Best of Luck to all the participants and I shall be there cheering for everyone ( but cheering a little louder for the dalmations from subangWink)!!!

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 10, 2002, 5:45 PM

Post #6 of 34 (10221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [delithra] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, U were there alright, radiant and bright. It was only a fleeting moment, I met you. I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere of a Dog Show.
One thing though, you have to excuse exhibitors/friends for being so abrupt as they have to prepare their animals for the ring.
Our Webmaster must be a very happy man. First he sent his Pug to Obedience Class and now he got bitten by the show bug and made his appearance and entrance into the show ring. Twice he showed and twice he won. At this rate, very soon, any members looking for quality puppy will be able to purchase quality PUGS.
See you in Ipoh next month!

aspaul66
Dog Kichi

Jun 10, 2002, 6:42 PM

Post #7 of 34 (10219 views)
Shortcut

Uncle Derrick!

how did you and your dalmatians do in this championship?? we are eager to know.

aruna

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 10, 2002, 7:24 PM

Post #8 of 34 (10218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aspaul66] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

I only brought Kushadow Taming of the Shrew to the show. She performed exceptionally well, she managed to avenge her defeats during the Penang Show. In fact, every class she entered, she sapu. She also managed to "kill" an Australian & Malaysian Grand Champion at the Show.
Of course, this had all the while been my dream to breed locally born Dalmatian puppies to be giant killers and Shrew is the third one who had accomplished this feat after Midsummer nite's dream and Chickasaw.

tangyp
Novice

Jun 10, 2002, 7:53 PM

Post #9 of 34 (10213 views)
Shortcut

Excuse me if this is a stupid question...Blush

but why do all the show dogs have super fancy names? Is it for glamour sake only or is there a reason or history behind it all?

Thanks!

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 10, 2002, 11:32 PM

Post #10 of 34 (10199 views)
Shortcut

Oh well a big CONGRATS to Shrew and our webmaster's pug (Joe Mike is it?) for the victory....keep it up in the upcoming shows Cool

aspaul66
Dog Kichi

Jun 11, 2002, 12:39 AM

Post #11 of 34 (10194 views)
Shortcut

Heartiest Congratulations to both Kushadow Taming of the Shrew and Uncle Derrick!!

I must admit that I don't know a thing about showing a dog and also don't know what the doggie has to do in the show. Do you have to take your dog to Australia to become an Australian champ? (sorry if i am asking a very silly q). Also, did Shrew compete among Dalmatians or with other breeds as well?

aruna

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 1:51 AM

Post #12 of 34 (10189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aspaul66] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

An Aus; Am; UK. Champion came with the title, which means that the dog was sold as a Champion. The price in asking is also champion. However, for those really serious breeders, buying a champion is the safest bet provided the breeder overseas is willing to sell.
When the dog arrived in this country, he is only known as that country of origin's champion. He has to challenge the Malaysian residential dogs for the prestige and privilege. Meanwhile, Malaysian dogs also have imported dogs from overseas, which are just as fanciful as anything could be. After he has been judged three times and won three shows under three different judges and had collected 3 challenge certificates and amassed 36 points in the local circuit, then he will only be entitled as a Malaysian Champion. Now, he is known as a dog with dual champion status. Should any breeder has any connections in neighbouring countries such as Singapore, Thailand or HongKong. He could sent his dogs there to compete and be titled, and when he returned, he shall be known as International Champion!!! or somebody from Singapore or Thailand came and bought a dog with dual titles and brought it home to compete and when this dog became a champion in Thailand or Singapore, then it will also carry the title of International Champion. No body has done it yet. But this crazy Dalmatian is toying with this idea. The trouble is, 3 years ago our famous Nipah Virus has put a damper to this thought.
In the beginning, Shrew was competing with her sort, that is she has to fight off other Dalmatian bitches to win. After winning she has to take on the dogs to be decided who should be the 'king' or the 'queen'. We call this class the 'Best in Breed'. After winning, she will then take on the winners of Group. Dalmatians are classified as The Utility Group. In Malaysia, the common and popular breeds that are classified under the Utility Group are Boston Terrier, Bulldog, Chow Chow, Dalmatian, Schnauzer, Shih Tzu, Shar Pei, Poodle, Lhasa Apso and Akita.
I hope this explanation is crystal clear, if not, visit one of the shows. You won't regret it.

delithra

Jun 11, 2002, 5:06 AM

Post #13 of 34 (10182 views)
Shortcut

CONGRATS UNCLE DERRICK!!!!!!!!!!! My sister and I were amazed that you can run SO FFFFFFAST!! Were you an athlete before? Laugh U were very light on your feet, my sis and I would know, because we run like elephants!! I caught you on digital camera,but all the indoor pics turned out darkFrown. I enjoyed the show tremedously and now I know who our webmaster is Tongue!!! hahaha.....I am thinking of getting into showing as well (my dogs I mean!)!! I have been greatly inspired!!Laugh

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 5:46 AM

Post #14 of 34 (10176 views)
Shortcut

That is good news indeed. At this moment of time, I know AGD, our webmaster Khoo Boo Gee and myself are all have been bitten by the dog show bug.
Few more show attendance, and we shall see. Should you decide to join the game, you can rely on this Dalmatian to show you the way.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 11, 2002, 5:49 AM

Post #15 of 34 (10176 views)
Shortcut

Yes ginl. Joe Mike is the one that won "Best in Toy Group, Mal Bred".

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 11, 2002, 5:54 AM

Post #16 of 34 (10175 views)
Shortcut

So you must have seen that I walk like elephant Smile

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 6:28 AM

Post #17 of 34 (10171 views)
Shortcut

The first time you set eye on her, did I not tell you she is a shrew. And Taming of the Shrew, you should also know the play by William Shakespear, who also wrote A Midsummer Night's Dream, which happened to be Shrew's elder sister.
Keeping up with the winning streak should not be a problem, but I do miss the ringside 'bark cheering'
Next assignment is Ipoh in July, but I think Inky will be out of action for 4 to 6 months.

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 11, 2002, 6:52 AM

Post #18 of 34 (10169 views)
Shortcut

Is there a romeo and juliet as well in the litter? Laugh

Yes and hope you will be back for the next Penang show for more yaaayyyaarrrfff and asam laksa

delithra

Jun 11, 2002, 7:07 AM

Post #19 of 34 (10166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

haha,..not at all!!! But it is slighty shocking that there aren't that many people who show their dogs. I met one couple with the 7 month old retriever (which won 2 titles- the maiden one and another one if i am not mistaken) and this was their first time.

Congrats to you Khoo and your celebrity pug!! Sly

delithra

Jun 11, 2002, 7:22 AM

Post #20 of 34 (10162 views)
Shortcut

A spectator brought their JRT which was dressed in a little batman outfit and had little black boots on as well...lol...maybe a cousin of your JRT?

The best part of the dog show was 'backstage', where all the dogs are.

One rottie jumped up and snapped at me after I had walked past it, (I didnt realise) and then it got a hard slap from the owner! It was rather intimidating to see HUGE rotties all over the place and having to walk by them without sweating.Crazy

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 2:26 PM

Post #21 of 34 (10160 views)
Shortcut

The best part of the dog show was 'backstage', where all the dogs are.
Pardon & excue for the correction; the term we exhibitors use is 'Benching Area'.

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 6:04 PM

Post #22 of 34 (10155 views)
Shortcut

You seem to always touch the right spot of this Dalmatian. Indeed there was one litter of ten puppies, 5 boys and 5 girls. They were registered with names such as Romeo & Juliet; Siegfried of Gotterdammerung; Lucia di Lammermoor; Samson & Cleopatra; Daphnis & Chloe etc, etc.
By your question and this answer, you have given me an invaluable inspirarion that I simply cannot resist. My next litter of puppies shall be named after usernames of puppycom, and the first one will be Kushadow Ginl of Puppycom. No objection I hope?Sly

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 11, 2002, 10:54 PM

Post #23 of 34 (10146 views)
Shortcut

LOL i thought u said u still don't know how to pronounce the name ginl how to call your dog then hahahaha.....but that's an idea naming puppies after usernames of puppycom Tongue

Deli....i've been haunted by visions of JRTs in batmobile ever since i read about the JRT in batman costume Crazy

delithra

Jun 12, 2002, 2:49 AM

Post #24 of 34 (10138 views)
Shortcut

haha thanks uncle derrick! Terminology is always important!Blush Laugh

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Jun 12, 2002, 4:16 AM

Post #25 of 34 (10132 views)
Shortcut

Congrats to both Joe Mike and Kushadow Taming Of The Shrew and of course not forgetting their owners...LaughSlyTongue
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my