193 MKA All Breed in JB

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 12, 2002, 3:01 PM

Post #26 of 34 (3158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wmeng] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you thought of sort of joining the show ring? I mean not you showing in the ring, but showing your dog in the show ring?
Its a real challenge, full of strategy. You may think that the exhibitor brings the dog into the ring and the judge sees it and a decision is made. Its on the contrary, there are plenty of tricks of the trade.
The next show will be held in Klang Parade I think week after next. Will post particulars soon.

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Jun 12, 2002, 3:33 PM

Post #27 of 34 (3155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Uncle Derrick,

Sounds interesting to me. Wait until I get my pup. What are the requirements for joining?

Yes, please keep us posted on the next show ring. Will you and Khoo be showing your dog this time?Smile
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 12, 2002, 4:40 PM

Post #28 of 34 (3154 views)
Shortcut

Any 'crazy' people like us taking part in dog shows, our objective is to WIN. We don't travel hundreds and hundreds of miles for nothing. If we don't win, then the consolatory thought is 'well, this is part and parcel of the game'. Try again!
First you need a show quality puppy, which is not cheap. It can cost you anything from 1K to 3.5K depending on the breed. If you purchase just a puppy, you will still have to look after and feed. But if you buy a show quality puppy, your job is still the same.
Next you train your puppy, be it 2 months or 3 months to learn how to stand. We call it 'stack your dog'. Then gently place one hand on its head and with the fingers of your other hand slowly and gently lift up its upper lips to expose its teeth, because the judge will certainly inspect the bite to see if it is under-shot or over-shot.
Now you get yourself enrolled as an ordinary member of MKA, and at the same time transfer you puppy into your name as the rightful owner.
After all these had been done, you will be receiving circulars and newsletters and notices from MKA informing you of all the events for the month.
There are 2 ways you could be a competent exhibitor/handler. Method number 1 is to observe the seasoned exhibitor and see how they present and stack the dog before the judge. Number 2 is to find a tutor who is sincere.
As for the next show in Klang Parade Jalan Meru Klang, this event is a spring board for those who are thinking of joining big show. The exhibitors and dogs on that day are all raw. We cannot show because this will defeat the purpose of this show.

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Jun 13, 2002, 1:48 AM

Post #29 of 34 (3142 views)
Shortcut

How to tell if it is a show quality pup? Another stupid question asked.Blush Tongue
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 13, 2002, 3:29 AM

Post #30 of 34 (3138 views)
Shortcut

"Another stupid question asked." I don'tthink so, I have come across more nonsensical ones than this.
First you call MKA, the association which is the body that register pedigree dogs and ask them to provide you names and telephone numbers of breeders who breed whatever breed of dogs of your choice. They will provide you with this information even though you are not a member. When you have obtained this information, call up the breeders. First question:Got puppies for sale or not? Second question:Do you exhibit your dog in Championship dog shows or not? If both questions are YES, you are about to hit the jackpot. Please do be careful, as some breeders may give you the shitpot. You will have to use your own judgement.
The other method is to locate a breeder who will paint you a colourful picture. Have no fear, The Consultant is here and I could help you to strip him naked until he looked rather Cute!
I have done it before, contact a member username 'plf' he will tell you how I delt with a breeder with dubious character in Jalan Meru. Money was about to change hand, yet breeder dare not to take, because puppy dog turned out to be a eunuch. I left this trick to the very last just to satisfy myself for the last larf!

delithra

Jun 13, 2002, 8:12 AM

Post #31 of 34 (3133 views)
Shortcut

I must also add that from my tele-conversations with breeders who show their dogs, the price range for the pick of the litter is 5K. This price I have been quoted from 2 show exhibitors as of today....sigh.Unsure

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2002, 3:30 AM

Post #32 of 34 (3117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [delithra] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

Whoa! Congrats to all the winners!! Smile Sorry I didn't congratulate you guys earlier on!

-= Tisha =-

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 15, 2002, 3:59 AM

Post #33 of 34 (3113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] 193 MKA All Breed in JB [In reply to] Can't Post

ThankQ, Late is better than none. I see that you have returned, which means exams over?
All dogs were given only one hug, but Shrew had 2.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2002, 4:39 AM

Post #34 of 34 (3111 views)
Shortcut

Almost over, thank god for that. I believe I failed one or two subjects (I'm blaming it on the World Cup! lol). Should've studied! Oh well. Anyway, Shrew's extra hug was well deserved! Wink

-= Tisha =-

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my