Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Suitable time for 2nd dog?

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2003, 12:41 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1685 views)
Shortcut
Suitable time for 2nd dog? Can't Post

Hello, I know all members here are true dog lover n i know if the space is big enough to keep more than 1 dog, we will consider to having 2nd or 3rd dog. But when u think is the most suitable time to having 2nd dog? After 1/2 yr or 1 yr? or longer period? Any gd suggestion or experience to share?

My labby is coming soon by nex mth, but i think i'll keep it until he 9 mth-1 yr then i'll consider to having another doggie, if can found a suitable 1. Bcos by that time the dog r more 'mature'(learn most of command n habitat), then can concentrate to train n keep another puppy. How about ur opinion? Pls share ur suggestion or experience.

Most of the members here only keep 1 dog, so those who keep more than 1, can pls share ur experience n tell us how n y u having 2nd.

Thanks

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

(This post was edited by snowflake on Jul 8, 2003, 12:48 AM)

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 9, 2003, 6:37 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] Suitable time for 2nd dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Derrick,

I think this is a good question to make ppl aware of the dogs that they want. Cos some ppl will jes keep on buying / adopting dogs without thinking if he / she can cope with their current dog.

Regards,
Swee Eng

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2003, 9:30 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Suitable time for 2nd dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Swee Eng,

I think it's quite gd but seen like nobody concern my question...Unsure but never mind, hope those read through my question can have a thought then they wun suka suka to get more doggie n dun play full attention to them.

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 11, 2003, 5:01 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Suitable time for 2nd dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, agree with swee eng it's a good question. Sometimes, circumstances just don't allow a person to have to dogs, what more decide when to get the second one. This should educate ppl about the importance of coping with a new dog/dogs after getting one/more.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1649 views)
Shortcut

Hi all Smile

I got Tyson when Silky was 4 yrs old. Actually we wanted to get a second dog ealier but we couldnt find one we liked so just waited till we found one. Silky's really patient and obedient so there was no trouble.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 14, 2003, 8:09 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1641 views)
Shortcut

We got Brinkley about 4 months after Luckey was born. Luckey was really goodwhen Brinkley came, played the big sister and all that. Brinkley's 2 months yunger than Luckey, but nowadays, Brinkley's about 4 ties the size of Luckey and she is still very puppyish, while Luckey has matured, and gets quite cross when Brinkley wants to play and jump on her.

Generally, ifyou get your 2nd dog as a puppy, your 1st dogshould be fine accepting the new member into the family

cherygan
Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2003, 10:50 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1636 views)
Shortcut

Good question!
I really didnt think much about having few dogs in my house. I just only started to keep dogs like 6 months ago and i now got 4 dogs already CoolTongueTongue
Well, truely speaking i dont see any problem for now as i like them all and treat them all like my own son. Just that whenever the number of dogs increases the job of picking poo and cleaning up increases. I guess i was lucky to have my puppies that doesnt make much noise even the 1st day in my house. One good thing is that ,they all are small size dogs. I guess its all up to individuals and thier ability to keep whatever they want. Good Luck to you Tongue
Btw, i have 2 JRTs , 1 ACS and a mixed breed.

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my