Dog Kichi

Jan 31, 2003, 7:26 PM

Post #26 of 35 (1471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] DOG SHOWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup.....the back/topline is not straight and firm. It looks saggy.... Wink

In Reply To
Hi Altana,

What do u mean by a dip topline? You mean the back is not straight?

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2003, 7:36 AM

Post #27 of 35 (1464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Altana_Mystique] DOG SHOWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Does it mean that it slopes down frm the sideview or it curves upward like a hunchback? Sorry for the questions Blush....not familiar with breed std jargons....i've read the breed std of JRT and some of it I don't understand at all for eg... The skull should be flat, of moderate width at the ears, narrowing to the eyes. There should be a defined stop but not overpronounced. The length of the muzzle from the nose to the stop should be slightly shorter than the distance from the stop to the occiput

What is occiput? Crazy...and what did they mean by 'the stop'? Is that the end of the muzzle near the eyes? Thanks for your advice!

Altana_Mystique
Dog Kichi

Feb 1, 2003, 8:12 AM

Post #28 of 35 (1461 views)
Shortcut

occiput is the rear most part of the skull.
Stop is the indented part.....the part where the nose ends....just when it slopes upwards.....Hope u get what I mean....hahaha..... Laugh

In Reply To
Does it mean that it slopes down frm the sideview or it curves upward like a hunchback? Sorry for the questions Blush....not familiar with breed std jargons....i've read the breed std of JRT and some of it I don't understand at all for eg... The skull should be flat, of moderate width at the ears, narrowing to the eyes. There should be a defined stop but not overpronounced. The length of the muzzle from the nose to the stop should be slightly shorter than the distance from the stop to the occiput

What is occiput? Crazy...and what did they mean by 'the stop'? Is that the end of the muzzle near the eyes? Thanks for your advice!

Altana_Mystique
Dog Kichi

Feb 1, 2003, 8:15 AM

Post #29 of 35 (1460 views)
Shortcut

Skull should be flat.....which means the top most part of the skull.....just between the ears should be flat.....not curved or rounded when viewed from the side...or front...

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2003, 10:25 AM

Post #30 of 35 (1458 views)
Shortcut

Ok i think i got what u mean...i wish they had a diagram that shows the different areas together with the description....easy for ppl like me to understand Wink....thanks!

Altana_Mystique
Dog Kichi

Feb 1, 2003, 6:25 PM

Post #31 of 35 (1455 views)
Shortcut

I'm not sure if any of the JRT book has.....but books like Whippets Today...Dobermann Today...etc...has got very useful diagrams...pictures...together with explanation...
It gives a very clear description of what is to be expected in the Breed Standard. Wink

In Reply To
Ok i think i got what u mean...i wish they had a diagram that shows the different areas together with the description....easy for ppl like me to understand Wink....thanks!

Altana_Mystique
Dog Kichi

Feb 1, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #32 of 35 (1454 views)
Shortcut

U can check out www.sgjrt.com too....it is a very comprehensive website....with lots of infos on your breed..JRT. and there is also a forum there for all JRT lovers....hope this helps !! Wink

(This post was edited by Altana_Mystique on Feb 1, 2003, 6:27 PM)

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 2, 2003, 2:43 AM

Post #33 of 35 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Thanks...as a matter of fact i'm also a member of that forum....seems that there are so many JRT owners in Sg Cool

josemari
Novice

Feb 4, 2003, 8:22 PM

Post #34 of 35 (1435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] DOG SHOWS [In reply to] Can't Post

halo uncle,

i am a 19 years old student and i hope i can get some advise from your experience.

i am looking for a show quality beagle and i visit a breeder last week. He has a junior beagle ( female)which he intend to keep for himself, but ready 2 sell me for RM 2500 and with a breeding contract which he will take 2 of the pups. The sire is an aust. ch and the dame is imported from aust as well.

So i wonder is the price reasonable as i also talk 2 other breeders who normally selling their pups with champion parents around rm 1200-1800. But these are pups at 8-9 weeks old and the breeder of course can't guarentee that they will do well in the show. But i am also confuse about the junior one which i intent 2 buy bcos me myself definitely cannot judge whether its reach the breed standard.

Another thing is about the breeding contract. The breeder will provide the stud dog but i forgot to ask who will pay for the registration of the pup. So normally who should pay for the fees and how much it need to reg. a beagle under MKA?

So uncle, according to your experience, is the terms of the contract reasonable?

I am interested to take part in the dog show bcos it looks 2 me like so much fun every time i visit it. I don't have any experience in showing dog so i am lookinf forward if somebody can teach me but first of all i must have a dog which reach the breed standard first, right?

i hope i do give enougjh information for uncle to answer my question.
and i hope 2 apology if i can't answer you after you post the reply bcos i am going to Aus. 2nite with my family n i don't know whether i have any internet access during that time. will b back witin 4 weeks. I dont mean 2 be rude but really sorry. Blush

Altana_Mystique
Dog Kichi

Feb 5, 2003, 6:26 AM

Post #35 of 35 (1427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josemari] DOG SHOWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Josemari,

Hmmm...although this msg is meant for Derrickoh..I think I'll try my best to help you in the mean time.... Wink

Hmmm....RM2500 plus a contract of 2 pups back is rather reasonable..thought a little steep....since the breeder is thinking of covering back the cost of his other importations....But 2500 is only reasonable if it is of SHOW-QUALITY !! Anyway, since you are just interested in rearing and showing the bitch...I think it's quite alright for the breeder to get back 2 pups. If there are more than two pups..you can sell away the remaining pups and make some money too...if you want...

I'm stating my assumption based on the market rate u quoted RM1200-1800.

And is there any guarantee that the bitch is of show quality? If it has got cow-hocks....dippy topline....a level/over-shot bite....will there be any refund of money ? Written in black and white ?

But the catch is....who is going to look after the baby puppies ? Who's going to pay for the fees? Who's going to deliver and take care of the mother and puppies ? These I think are best discussed with the breeder and everything written out in Black and White.

It's fair enough if the breeder pays for the registration for the two pups...and you pay for your own pups' registration fees if there are more than 2 pups in the litter. But taking care of the pregnant bitch and after birth...the time and effort to raise the baby puppy and health of the dam is very tedious and it's best done by an experience breeder.

In Reply To

halo uncle,

i am a 19 years old student and i hope i can get some advise from your experience.

i am looking for a show quality beagle and i visit a breeder last week. He has a junior beagle ( female)which he intend to keep for himself, but ready 2 sell me for RM 2500 and with a breeding contract which he will take 2 of the pups. The sire is an aust. ch and the dame is imported from aust as well.

So i wonder is the price reasonable as i also talk 2 other breeders who normally selling their pups with champion parents around rm 1200-1800. But these are pups at 8-9 weeks old and the breeder of course can't guarentee that they will do well in the show. But i am also confuse about the junior one which i intent 2 buy bcos me myself definitely cannot judge whether its reach the breed standard.

Another thing is about the breeding contract. The breeder will provide the stud dog but i forgot to ask who will pay for the registration of the pup. So normally who should pay for the fees and how much it need to reg. a beagle under MKA?

So uncle, according to your experience, is the terms of the contract reasonable?

I am interested to take part in the dog show bcos it looks 2 me like so much fun every time i visit it. I don't have any experience in showing dog so i am lookinf forward if somebody can teach me but first of all i must have a dog which reach the breed standard first, right?

i hope i do give enougjh information for uncle to answer my question.
and i hope 2 apology if i can't answer you after you post the reply bcos i am going to Aus. 2nite with my family n i don't know whether i have any internet access during that time. will b back witin 4 weeks. I dont mean 2 be rude but really sorry. Blush

(This post was edited by Altana_Mystique on Feb 5, 2003, 6:33 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my