Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Can Labrador/Golden retriever get along with Pug ?

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2003, 2:21 PM

Post #1 of 11 (1957 views)
Shortcut
Can Labrador/Golden retriever get along with Pug ? Can't Post

I have been doing some readings on the above 2 breeds...and also understand the differents between them but i am just wondering anyone basically have lab/golden together with a toy breed ? i.e. pug

I am actually thinking to get 1 maybe sometime next year, by then my pug will be 1.5 yrs old. Just wondering hows their characteristic or temperament when they are young, because as i know puggies...they are like a little mad-cow, butt tucking everyday when they are young but not sure about lab/golden...

And if i were to get a 8 weeks old lab/golden...how soon can i let my pug play with him/her ?

Thanks Blush

edser

Jul 4, 2003, 8:55 PM

Post #2 of 11 (1949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] Can Labrador/Golden retriever get along with Pug ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good question Wink
we had that question 2 months back. we tot that enzo (MS 8 months) might be boring alone sometime so we were thinking to get him a little brother. we went shopping and do research to see what dog suit him etc. then after when we bought zeno (ACS), the VAT told us that we might have a problem because both of them are different character and group. MS is utlity and ACS is a gundog. the doctor warn us that they will fight to see who is the boss etc. we were so worried that we have to be careful. but it was so surprise not that they did not fight but they were like BROTHERS. the MS looks after the small one and the small one treats him like a elder brother.

That is just my comments. and i am please to share it with u. hope it helps. as long as u are fair to both and i think it will be fine. Good Luck

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 4, 2003, 9:49 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] Can Labrador/Golden retriever get along with Pug ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Kawchai,

This is just my observation from various gatherings.. My lab, Rex never "deal" with pugs. He never says 'hi' to them.. I dunno why..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2003, 2:23 AM

Post #4 of 11 (1940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edser] Can Labrador/Golden retriever get along with Pug ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think partly depends on the dog/pup personality as well.... Blush

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2003, 2:25 AM

Post #5 of 11 (1939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Can Labrador/Golden retriever get along with Pug ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh maybe because pug look very cocky....sometimes i think they always like to pretend they are very macho and cool Laugh Sly but then 1 second later, they start to do some funny act....

it just like a joker that tells joke but he himself never laugh on the jokes... Angelic

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 5, 2003, 9:36 AM

Post #6 of 11 (1931 views)
Shortcut

hi,

funny. My GR don't go near pugs too. never quite mixed along with Mr khoo's pugs. but all buddy-buddy with the corgi. hehe.

but i don't think they'll start a war if you keep a GR and a pug together. i can't picture a pug bitting on a GR's tail or a GR tossing the pug outside the window... they'd most probably get along fine.

regards,
hunter

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 7, 2003, 12:23 AM

Post #7 of 11 (1918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Can Labrador/Golden retriever get along with Pug ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ooooopps~! Then how???!

you mean my Murphy can't get along with ah-Boy in future??

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2003, 6:40 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1902 views)
Shortcut

hi...
i had a pug once with a spitz. they get along fine, maybe not the best of frens cos always fighting for attention. My pug will come running for some sayang, then the big dog will step over her, covering pug's body so got no choice but to sayang the spitz... then the pug will bite spitz/s tail n drag her away instead.. mischieveious lot la.. Laugh
now i have a goldie with a ms. the goldie is really friendly, loves to play with anyone n any breed..
better to introduce the 2 dogs when u get ur goldie home...your pug might find the goldie annoying at first, slowly they will b best frens also la...

good luck Smile

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2003, 2:52 AM

Post #9 of 11 (1897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Can Labrador/Golden retriever get along with Pug ? [In reply to] Can't Post

heheh...thats very cute.

you are right, they may fight for attention. For now, if yoda see me sayang another puppy, he will bark at me/pup. ( u know pug seldom bark). And there is one time, the puppy is trying to come to us, but yoda step over and BLOCK the pup from coming to us Crazy

I can imagine, if i get a goldie, maybe the pug can bully him during the 1st 2 months...after that hahahaha....yoda can only see his 'tail'

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2003, 9:26 AM

Post #10 of 11 (1892 views)
Shortcut

Yoda so jealousy??Shocked But that's cute to see him block block block other dogs to get your attention. hahaah... that is cute! Go~~ get a GR, then we can be in the sisters-group~~Wink

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 25, 2003, 1:21 AM

Post #11 of 11 (1878 views)
Shortcut

haha....tat is soo cute....they really have character loh..
heheee... i'm still doubtful about a pug and a goldie though..
if your goldie is very playful,... can u imagine how they will play.. one push n the pug become "ham-chim-peng" liao.. hahahaaaa.... my MS is so annoyed with the goldie cos he always want to play.. n poor popeye always loose wan.. Unsure cos small size mah... Laugh

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my