Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Red spots on my GSD!

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

May 23, 2002, 8:27 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Red spots on my GSD! Can't Post

Hi guys, it's me serene, long time no post here aldy, he he.. coz, busy now these days.

ok, back to my problem, My Jamie (GSD, 4months, female, black/tan, feed: excel puppy) every two days once i'll comb her coat (whole body) when i release her to run at my garden, the day b4 yesterday when i comb her around her tummy & near her pee pee side i found that there is red spots like rachers there. i wonder what is that?

is it some kind of skin sensetive? or maybe bcoz of she always slay down on wet place! (i think it's bcoz she felt hot, so she lay down on the cement)

or is it Mange? i'm scared coz alot of people told me that GSD will easily get Mange! and it can't cure, the dog hv to be put to sleep!

anyone pls. help! thanks in advance!

regards, serene lim
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

zitian

May 24, 2002, 1:43 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Red spots on my GSD! [In reply to] Can't Post

my dog has it too..but it gone after few days..my dog stay indoor..dunno what was that..should wait for the concultant to give some advice.

Derrickok
Novice

May 24, 2002, 3:12 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zitian] Red spots on my GSD! [In reply to] Can't Post

Could be heatspots, could be rashes could be anything from minor irritation caused by grass seeds to insect bites. Without actually seeing what it looks like, the consultant is also at a total loss.
No further comments and definitely no suggestion on cures. Best is to spend some money and visit your vet.

ginl
ALPHA

May 25, 2002, 9:40 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Red spots on my GSD! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mange does not mean that the dog will hv to be put to sleep Shocked....no doubt there are some cases where the condition of the mange is much too severe and the dog has to be put down but most of the cases although it cannot be fully cured, it can be put under controlled with the right kind of medication....when a puppy has mange it has to do with the immune system but when an adult dog has mange then there may be other medical conditions involved which in turns causes the dog to hv mange

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my