Hello I'm new here

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

melvinl
Novice

Jul 2, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #1 of 36 (2645 views)
Shortcut
Hello I'm new here Can't Post

Hello my wife and I are happy owners of a young Jack Russell terrier, it's been a few days since she came into our lives and she's a real hell raiser!! Anyway, we are adjusting ourselves to her (not the other way round) so good advise from Jack Russell owners will be much appreciated! Thanks and this is a real nice web site.

cherygan
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 8:17 PM

Post #2 of 36 (2640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melvinl] Hello I'm new here [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueA very big WELCOME to you. Tongue I owned 2 JRTs too,female Mou Mou n male Byron, its so nice to see another JRT owner in here. We have few members with JRTs and all i can say, JRT is really fun to have with thier hyper active energy. Ill call the ' Jack Russel Terrorist' or 'Jack Russel Turbo' hehehe.Crazy Not much advice from me but i hope you enjoy them. Let them entertain you and dont hesistate to hit them if they being naughty Tongue It would be good if can let them run around daily in the garden or maybe bring them to a big field. Just make sure you dont over feed them. Its not too hard to have a JRT Tongue

Btw, may i know where you bought your JRT puppy? Can you post her cute picture and whats her name?

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 8:17 PM

Post #3 of 36 (2640 views)
Shortcut

SlyHello Melvin,

Welcome to the dog lovers' planet!

Y dun u join our gathering at KK by this Saturday? Bring along ur furkid n sure u can learn more about JRT there. Btw, wat's ur cuttie's name?

Nice to meet u, Cheers

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

melvinl
Novice

Jul 2, 2003, 8:52 PM

Post #4 of 36 (2636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherygan] Hello I'm new here [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cherygan, Twiggy is about 10 weeks old, believe she's an English JR terrier (short hair, stout legs). We got her from a pet shop in SS2, PJ (I can hear warning sirens going off on buying pups from pet shops!). Twiggy is very healthy, very active and this little monkey sucks all our energy with her pranks and antics. The things we love about her and JRT in general is that they are always very amusing and playful, they don't smell, no saliva dripping everywhere, and they are smart dogs. The bad things I am trying to straighten up with Twiggy is she's always biting (very painfully) my hands and toes whenever I try to play with her, housebreaking her (making progress but still a mess), and her wailing when we leave the house. I guess my main question is will these subside as she grows older (esp. the biting part)? We are feeding her twice a day - is it better to increase portion or number of times between feeds?

melvinl
Novice

Jul 2, 2003, 8:59 PM

Post #5 of 36 (2633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] Hello I'm new here [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi snowflake, thanks for the warm welcome. KK gathering sounds splendid, do you have the time and location (direction)?

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 9:07 PM

Post #6 of 36 (2631 views)
Shortcut

hi melvinl,

Welcome to the forum!

The gathering is on 5/July @ 9. a.m . Check out www.kotakemuning.net for map & direction. The meeting place @ the lake side is very near to the Kota Kemuning Golf & Country Club. If u drive towards the Club, u won't miss us.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 9:19 PM

Post #7 of 36 (2626 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
Welcome to the family...wow...JRT group growing bigger n bigger already...Smile Hope u'll enjoy urself here...anyway, a warm welcome & greeting u & family to the forum. Welcome...Wink

sharon
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 9:27 PM

Post #8 of 36 (2625 views)
Shortcut

Hello Melvin,

Welcome to the forum. Hope u can make it to the KK's gathering this Saturday Wink

See ya
Me & Makiyo

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 9:44 PM

Post #9 of 36 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Hello Melvin,

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it here..

Regards,
Swee Eng

edser

Jul 2, 2003, 10:13 PM

Post #10 of 36 (2618 views)
Shortcut

hello and nice to meet you. so now the JRT group has grown bigger. Enjoy

Wink

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

cherygan
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 11:29 PM

Post #11 of 36 (2615 views)
Shortcut

1st of all, Pet Shop in SS2 sounds fine to me. They are reputable pet shop and should have no problem with pups they are selling.
2nd, to answer your question of biting habit, my jrt does also the same thing when they were little and new to me. All i do is try to scold them and hit them lightly at the side of the mouth whenever they try to bite. They both now doesnt do it anymore.
3rd, its normal to feed them twice a day. Just make sure you feed them enough each time and in time. I normally feed them in the morning at 9am before i go work and 8pm at night after work.

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

pinky55poo
ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 11:36 PM

Post #12 of 36 (2614 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melvinl

Welcome. I have a 6mths pug & a 5yr one. The painful biting will become not so painful when your doggie gets her adult teeth (at about 4-5mths) TongueTongue, then it's still painful but not the sharp sharp teeth pain, hehehehe.

As for housebreaking, have to have lots of patience & it helps alot if the whole family chips in, too. Sigh, I know cos my sis thawrted my mom's & my plans to train Baby to do her biz on newspapers. She was always removing the papers!

Good luck anyway & cheers!
pug rules!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 2, 2003, 11:40 PM

Post #13 of 36 (2613 views)
Shortcut

Hi melvynl~

Welcome here and the JRT gang is now growing in the forum...Wink

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 11:53 PM

Post #14 of 36 (2611 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaugh welcome to the forum,

nice meeting you here... i myself is having a minpin and he's currenty 3 yrs old... have fun in the forum... and hope to meet you in kk... Laugh
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 3, 2003, 1:56 AM

Post #15 of 36 (2606 views)
Shortcut

heloooo.. welcome to the forum... i have 3 dogs and i remember their puppy days.. they can be difficult CrazyPiratebut you become so attached to them! You should take more pics of your jack russell..while they r still so small n adorable LaughSly You just have to have lots of patience when they r puppies.. u just have to train them n after while they stop biting n do stuff u dont want them to...SmileWink

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 3, 2003, 5:36 AM

Post #16 of 36 (2604 views)
Shortcut

HI melvinl !

a warm welcome to the BIG family here....do hope to see you on our KK gathering this saturday !

cheers,
minglmy

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 5:42 AM

Post #17 of 36 (2601 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melvin,

U can get couple of JRT lovers here....namely CheryGan, Gina....err...I can name u this two...coz they r those super one.Wink

Oh...welcome to the forum!

Elly

evehock
Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2003, 6:01 AM

Post #18 of 36 (2601 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Welcome to the big doggie's family... I hope you find something helpful in the forum.... Just don't hesitate to ask if you need help or tip.. A lot of friendly people here...Wink

Eve

ginl
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 7:14 AM

Post #19 of 36 (2598 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh...if u cud see me i'm actually jumping up and down in front of the computer LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

So happy...another JRT on board!!! WELCOME!!! Mine is 1.5 yrs old, male, smooth coat and a shortie too....someone told me about the pups in SS2, there were 3 of them i think but didn't go and see them yet...so you got one of them home Smile....hope to see u and your wife and Twiggy in our gatherings (can see frm the pic she is a cheeky one...but then aren't they all!) Cool

(This post was edited by ginl on Jul 3, 2003, 7:16 AM)

drew
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 8:08 AM

Post #20 of 36 (2595 views)
Shortcut

hello there,

welcome to the forum and do have fun !!!

i saw 3 JRT pups in SS2 petshop ... they were so cute when i see them but too expensive for a JRT with no cert ... u bought twiggy there ?

-later-

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 3, 2003, 4:10 PM

Post #21 of 36 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melvin and JRT,
Big welcome!! We love to hear more from you!!

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

melvinl
Novice

Jul 3, 2003, 4:26 PM

Post #22 of 36 (2585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Hello I'm new here [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi Melvin and JRT,
Big welcome!! We love to hear more from you!!
Thank you, all of you, for the warm welcome extended to us. We will try to make it to KK gathering tomorrow and let Twiggy have a hyper time.

ginl
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 5:00 PM

Post #23 of 36 (2583 views)
Shortcut

Hey Melvin....i dun think it's wise to bring Twiggy out this time round coz she hasn't finished all her vaccinations yet....but you can still come and hv a good time...we hold the gatherings every mth so Twiggy will hv plenty of chance to be hyper in an open field Smile

melvinl
Novice

Jul 3, 2003, 5:59 PM

Post #24 of 36 (2576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Hello I'm new here [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ginl.

Best to take your advice. Actually, she's due for another shot this weekend so we will be bringing her round to the vet. Meanwhile, I've posted some pics at the Terrier group, feel free to have a look.

Have a great time at KK furkids.

cheryllim
Novice

Jul 3, 2003, 7:50 PM

Post #25 of 36 (2569 views)
Shortcut

Hi there! Ur JRT looks great! Blush Is this the pet shop beside Watson's? Do they still have anymore?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my