Smaller??

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 2, 2003, 8:07 AM

Post #1 of 21 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Smaller?? Can't Post

Hi allSmile

Why are the local pure-bred dogs smaller than the ones over-seas eventhough both local and overseas dogs don't have champion bloodlines??

They're bone structure is better than the ones here...one example is .

Is it the food? The irresponsible breeders? but if it was their fault,how did the dogs shrink??
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #2 of 21 (1775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Smaller?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

hmph. i always wonder too. my opinion will be irresponsible breeders - they breed many litters from the same mother - i heard this will eventually produce mini-sized dogs.

i think this happens often among golden retrievers in malaysia. mine is small too.

regards,
hunter

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 2, 2003, 11:12 AM

Post #3 of 21 (1771 views)
Shortcut

Wow~

Reality Dreamer, What a compliment from you~SmileWink! Thanks~

And I do agree with Hunter as a responsible breeder shouldn't breed the same dog too many times. The "quality" will drop. That's why a responsible breeder will to with the same vet either for breeding &whelping or just for the jabs... so the vet will have a close relationship with the breeder and therefore provide CORRECT information to the new owner.

As for , before brought him home, I paid a visit to the dam and the litter to observe the environment and also how the pups get along with each other. Then I visited the vet while Mack took his 1st jab with the breeder & the litter. I asked enough questions from the vet and the workers there to make sure the history of the breeder was good, and both the sire & dam have no disease that's heritable.

Maybe we should raise the awareness of HOW TO CHOOSE a good puppy in our community and the THINGS TO REMEMBER so not to let the local breeders to take advantage of dog-lovers. I doubt that many of us will go and question the breeder ang the vet in M'sia. Even if you ask, you might not get the truth.

SAD~

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 4:34 AM

Post #4 of 21 (1757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Smaller?? [In reply to] Can't Post

well, my guess is that perhaps the food and water the consume.. and maybe Australia have bigger land for them to move about and developed. It could also due to the weather.. you know during Winter, we tend to eat more.. I would think it does the same to our dogs.

Ever wonder why we Asian are comparatively 'smaller' in size compare to Caucasians?? Tongue

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 6:52 AM

Post #5 of 21 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Smaller?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

that's possible too. but if this applies, most of the breeds in malaysia should be smaller... not only certain breeds like GRs. how come US min pin is as mini as malaysia min pin? or how come silkies.. chihuahuas and other breeds are of same size with the dogs in US.

i noticed that the variation of size is most obvious among the large dog breeds.

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 3, 2003, 7:15 AM

Post #6 of 21 (1753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Smaller?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile To - the first thing I noticed bout is his bones and his head(in your icon).

Jaz-Well,I've thought about what you said too..In asia..smaller food portions..smaller people...smaller dogs(???)...Tongue

Hunter-What you said is true..its most obvious in the larger breeds...I compared Tyson to an imported BM half his age..but the imported BM was about 40% bigger!!
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 7:46 AM

Post #7 of 21 (1750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Smaller?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

yeah, look at mack mack's head... and compare to hunter....

my equation is :

1 mackmack head = 2 Hunter head

haha...

regards,
hunter

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 3, 2003, 9:31 AM

Post #8 of 21 (1747 views)
Shortcut

It's still hard to tell by just looking at the icon. But I do agree with your local vs. overseas comments coz i also wondering why is it so..... maybe just "by coincidence"? no proof on our arguments, maybe need to do more research on this issue... Anyway, you like my new AVATAR???Wink

Hunter,

if that is your equation, then is not proportional in size la... since his body is not 2 times Hunter's size wor... look so weird with a HUGE head ler~Unsure

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #9 of 21 (1735 views)
Shortcut

Errmm.. maybe all the smaller breed aren't that obvious when it comes to size leh... as they do not need that much of an excercise.... since they are kept indoor most of the time.. I really don't know.. this are all my guesses...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 3, 2003, 9:50 PM

Post #10 of 21 (1732 views)
Shortcut

hehe...yea..hunter would look like those 'the dog' pics with the oversized head.

been trying to look for more resources on this topic..but i can't find anyUnsure

looks ADORABLE in the avatar...feel like huggin him..just by looking at the pic..SmileSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 3, 2003, 9:54 PM

Post #11 of 21 (1731 views)
Shortcut

Oooo...I'm one of the fan of "thedog-club"~!!!

Look at , wanna "meat" his face and juet-juet his lips nei...... i can kiss him non-stop one.... left, right, then front! and meat-meat-meat, he enjoyed it a lot too.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 3, 2003, 10:44 PM

Post #12 of 21 (1728 views)
Shortcut

hehe..i know what you mean...he looks so..soo...cute..!!!

so cute...till don't know what else to call him...SmileSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

edser

Jul 3, 2003, 11:16 PM

Post #13 of 21 (1725 views)
Shortcut

Well my Enzo is 8 months+ and it still small compared to other MS. went around and ask but what the VET told me is that my MS came from a 'small' generation and it has nothing to do with food etc.

but actually we are very proud for him to be small. can carry and hug all the time Wink

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 4, 2003, 4:37 AM

Post #14 of 21 (1720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edser] Smaller?? [In reply to] Can't Post

For a toy breed its good larSmile

oh bout your signature...how bout Zeon?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

edser

Jul 4, 2003, 8:28 PM

Post #15 of 21 (1709 views)
Shortcut

^
oh thanks. adding to it now Wink

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 5, 2003, 8:44 AM

Post #16 of 21 (1702 views)
Shortcut

hi mack!

whoop. it ain't surprising if mack's body is 2 times bigger than Hunter. happens a lot - my dog look like a puppy among the big GRs. well. doesn't matter. i still love him. *muack***

btw, i love "THE DOG" too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards,
hunter

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 6, 2003, 8:08 PM

Post #17 of 21 (1688 views)
Shortcut

Kekkekeke....Li Ping, I've collected some collectibles of The-Dog, pretty cute stuffs orh~!

So how were the KK outing and Dogathon?? manage to find any Golden smaller size than yours?Tongue

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 7, 2003, 8:28 AM

Post #18 of 21 (1681 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i've bought quite a few too!!! but there seem to be many fake versions of "the Dog" lurking around in KL. some even has big body and small head. and a pug looked like a bullmastiff. sigh.

regards,
hunter

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 7, 2003, 8:43 AM

Post #19 of 21 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Hey guys,

I too have bought some of the "The Dog" stuff but in PJ lots of imitation lar. Some is really out of shape one

cheers,
minglmy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 7, 2003, 8:48 AM

Post #20 of 21 (1676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Smaller?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

hehe.. the first batch that were sold looked really nice - good shape and all. but when more and more ppl buy it got really fancy and all... some were squeezed into milk bottles la... some were totally out of shape la, etc etc.

months after it came out, there's a new version of The Dog, called "The Cat". seen it? those cats got big heads.

regards,
hunter

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 7, 2003, 8:53 AM

Post #21 of 21 (1675 views)
Shortcut

oh yeah..... I got tons of those key chain type (which I feels is nicer) as you can see the face and all. Some of those toys ar... head is a pug but body is juz FLAT ! and some... got the face like dashund but ears is standing up ! so funny lar.

I have not see "The Cat" yet. Will go down to pasar malam tomorrow nite and keep a lookout on it !

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my