How to prevent puppy crying at nite?

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2003, 1:06 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2230 views)
Shortcut
How to prevent puppy crying at nite? Can't Post

SmileHello

Hello to all the sifu here, due to my new partner(lab) is coming soon, i'd like to know how can we prevent puppy crying at nite? any way or tricks to let them feel secure? Las time when i bring back the spitz puupy, he also crying at nite but when i switch on the lighting then he'll quite n go to sleep again, but it doesnt work everytime.

Hope that anyone got some 'special' methods to deal w this type of matter, thanks

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 2:14 AM

Post #2 of 12 (2224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] How to prevent puppy crying at nite? [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh wah ... you so fast want to become a good daddy for your little labbie... Smile good for you .... it's good to know that you care for the little things sooo much.. i bet the labbie mummy will be glad to let you have her labbie...

well i hope that you don't mind i share some experience with you... as for what i know ... the forst 4 to 5 days the pup will be very dependent on you .. cause he is very new to the surroundings and his mummy is not around with him.. so you're now taking over his mummy job...

to prevent him to cry at night, well i think the first 3-4 days he will still cry, and you need to put the pup in your room and close to you... when the pup felt cold or hungry at night make sure you're there to care for him and comfort him by giving him a small rub on his body and hold him gently.. i know the first few days will be hard for you, but they do really need our care and they felt lonely cause his not with his mom ... try putting a soft toy beside him and let him play with it .. i think it will work...

by the way you do need alot of patient in taking care of the pup.... good luck in everything.... i tihnk all the sifu's here are willing to share their experience with you... Smile
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

milooh

Jul 1, 2003, 9:14 AM

Post #3 of 12 (2217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] How to prevent puppy crying at nite? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, puppies will always cry at night for the first week or so. I dont know if it helped but we got a battery operated gadget that mimicks a beating heart. It comes with a pouch which has a zipper. The instructions said to heat up some uncooked grains of rice in the microwave, place the heated grains and the "beating heart" in the pouch, zip the pouch and place it in your puppy's crate. Dont remember it that helps. Our breeder told us to place the crate in the farthest bedroom in the house. I guess her idea is to teach the puppy that it has to get used to being alone and that you come back every morning. Of course, you can have the puppy sleep in your room in a crate but you wont get any sleep. It's up to you which method to follow.

Rossie aka Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 10:04 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2209 views)
Shortcut

I doubt the pup will cry. When I brought back my 2nd lab, I just lock her in the toilet and she can smell the other dogs ... with freedom. Still ok ... no problem. She won't make any noise...

REgards,
Swee Eng

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2003, 10:58 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] How to prevent puppy crying at nite? [In reply to] Can't Post

Swee Eng,

U r really lucky that puppy also queit at nite, but i think that's bcos ur pup got companion so at least she feel secure that got partner bside, but my pup will be alone, will it a different?

Milooh,

Sorry, not so understand wat u mean.. but never mind, i'll ask other ppl about wat u mention by 5th, hope u'll attend the gathering so i can ask u personally, btw thanks for ur advice

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

cherygan
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 9:34 AM

Post #6 of 12 (2201 views)
Shortcut

You know what, this depends on luck. I have 3 dogs, 2 JRTs and 1 mix breed pup, 1st jrt didnt even make a sound when 1st day in my house even i off all the lights. 2nd pup a mix breed pup also didnt have any problem and my 3rd one just make noise during the 1st day. Well, hopefully i wont have any problem with my 4th puppy thats coming. TongueTongueTongue

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 6:48 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2196 views)
Shortcut

No, la ... I don't think it's b'cos of companion b'cos the Lab was all alone in the toilet. The rest is in the kitchen area and another lab outdoor. She should screaming to get freedom like the other but she was really quiet.

Just that she'll go biting the things in the toilet. Now that she's already 4 months, she's staying outside with the other lab.

REgards,
Swee Eng

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 10:19 PM

Post #8 of 12 (2190 views)
Shortcut

hi snowflake,

I would like to know.. how old is your pup ? Where is he originated? from breeder direct , petshop or adoption center etc ?

All these could affect his behavior when settling in the new environment.

Personally,

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2003, 2:35 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] How to prevent puppy crying at nite? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi cdmoo,

I haven't got my pup yet, it's from nathalie's fren which i adopted from the forum. They'll sent the pup over by end of this mth or early nex mth, by that time, the pup is about 6-7 weeks, not from pet shop n it's a mixed breed.

It's that certain breed's puppy love crying? i saw a 7 weeks min pin n a 2 mths lab in a pet shop, they both look healthy but the little min pin keep crying all the time n the lab jz lying there.

I jz do some research n gather tips from senior here b4 my lab coming, hope i can b a well prepared daddy when the pup's here.

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 4, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2180 views)
Shortcut

hi,

Ok.. I assume your pup. .with at least 50% "lab-composite" Smile. So, he can be considered from a breeder. Since the lab delivered 8 puppies.... I will expect the new pup will cry a little.. due to a combination of the followings

1. missing his buddies & mom

2. he's still young .. only approx. 8 weeks.

3. new environment

4. new climate ... if the pup has been staying outdoor NOW.. then I expect more cryings as you will be putting him in a room. Is the room air-cond? Rex does not like to stay in door , he would cry., when he's caged outside .. it's fine because he's been used to stayed out since very young .. (4 weeks)

There should be more.. could not think of it at the moment. May be we can discuss more when we meet.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Dar
Dog Kichi

Jul 5, 2003, 7:27 PM

Post #11 of 12 (2165 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

when we got Izac he was 2 months old, he is from a litter of 11 pubs( must have a lot of fun playing with is brothers and sisters) the 1st night he did cry a lot. The next day my son gave his soft toy (a bear) to Izac,Izac puthis head on the toy and did not cry or make any noise, he has with the toys for a month before he turned it to bits. I use a pillow with Newton our 1st day(he is 4 yr now) but Newton did cry at times. I read that you can use a clock zip up in a pillow, like the mother's heart bitelah.

Dar

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2003, 10:47 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dar] How to prevent puppy crying at nite? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi dar,

Ur rottie look so smart, thanks for advice, i'll try this when my puppy arrive, i dun wan the feel lonely then cry at nite, i'll buy him some toys n prepare a pillow w clock.

Thanks a lot n hope can meet ur doggie, c ya

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my