Post #1 of 33 (4441 views)
Shortcut
51st Obedience Trail in Penang! Can't Post

Hi there everyone!

The 51st Obedience Trails will be held in Penang:

Date: Sunday, July 27 2003 Time: 8.30am

Venue: Japanese Garden, Jalan Mas, Green Lane, Penang

Judge: Mr. Tan Teik Poh (Malaysia)

Classes offered: Pre-Novice and Novice ONLY.

Closing date for submission of entry forms: July 13, 2003 . No entry will be accepted at the show.

Calling the Penang lang (Boon, Steven, Patricia and rest)..any directions for outstation folks on how to get there from the Penang bridge? and from the Hotel Vistana?

Rdgs Arthur

kinzonu

Jun 30, 2003, 5:12 AM

Post #2 of 33 (4436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] 51st Obedience Trail in Penang! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur,
Glad to hear that Obedience trial is conducted in Pg this time, however, i am not able to enter Jacky for this time as I hv to help my parent on that day (St Anne). So see u guy next round.

Will u enter ur MS for this trial?
Best Regards
Steven Tan @ Kinzonu

tw.myblog.yahoo.com/kinzonu

(This post was edited by kinzonu on Jun 30, 2003, 5:13 AM)

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 7:07 AM

Post #3 of 33 (4427 views)
Shortcut

Hie,

If you are coming from the bridge, go all the way until u went through the underpass in Greenlane. Go straight on until you see a flyover near LAM WAH EE Hospital. Turn left at the traffic light before CALTEX STATION. Then after a coffee shop name 'Singapore Coffee shop", then right. You should see a garden just down the road on your right.

I hope this direction will not be too confusing. For those who is staying in Vistana, you can use the coastal highway and follow above directions.Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

arthur
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 4:41 PM

Post #4 of 33 (4420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kinzonu] 51st Obedience Trail in Penang! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Steven!

Most probably it will be Lee Ron going for his 1st pre-novice trail. Hope the naughty boy will behave himself! Smile Let's hope it won't rain that Sunday or the night before!

Rdgs Arthur

arthur
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 4:43 PM

Post #5 of 33 (4419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] 51st Obedience Trail in Penang! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Lulugirl,

Thks for the directions. Should be able to find my way there.. Since the trail starts at 8.30am, most probably will have to spend one night up in Penang on Saturday if not, will have drive from KL at 4am!

Rdgs Arthur

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 4:42 AM

Post #6 of 33 (4407 views)
Shortcut

Hi Arthur,

Heard alot about you from Eve during the Ipoh Competition Wink! So you are coming for this competition in Penang eh!! Great! I should not miss this as my house is just walking distance! If you are not sure how to get to the place, give us a call! It's very easy to go around Penang!

If you are coming from Vistana, get to the opposite road (Yeap Chor Ee Road) and it's a straight road all the way. You'll come to a traffic light but head on straight as well till you reach a T-junction, turn right (it's one way street) and drive all the way straight. At the 4th traffic light turn left (Caltex station is just right in front of the junction) and the kopitiam which Eve mentioned is just on your right, take a left turn at the junction and Walla! you are there!

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 6:25 AM

Post #7 of 33 (4403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] 51st Obedience Trail in Penang! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!

I took some pics of Eve and Jaz during their stint in the showring. Pics may be a bit small as there's no zoom function. Sorry..Crazy

Eve handled Jaz quite well. And Jaz herself was behaving like a pro! You can ask Boon on how Jaz stacked herself! Quite a natural. Next time, drink more Blue Pepsi! Tongue

Will you guys be coming down for the Dogathon with Steven, Pat and Boon? It'll be great to meet up with the Penang Lang again. And thanks for the directions to Japanese Garden.

Rdgs Arthur

boon
Doggyman

Jul 1, 2003, 8:21 AM

Post #8 of 33 (4394 views)
Shortcut

Yeah Arthur,

Stack like a GSD, a short tail BLUE 'GSD' TongueTongueTongueWinkWinkWinkCoolCoolCool

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 2:43 AM

Post #9 of 33 (4383 views)
Shortcut

Oh really! that's nice, are you posting it up? Can you send a copy to my e-mail : Lisa_Lee@dell.com? Thanks!

Too bad I missed the Ipoh Show, I wish I can make it for the coming outing at KK as well, but again, due to my work, I can't get out.... Unsure.

Do take lost of picture and post them up. I won't be able to make it to the dogathon, but definately will be there at the Japanese Garden.. now contemplating whether or not to enter Jaz for the obedience trail.... I heard that we only have 3 go at it, if fail, we can never enter again, is that true?

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 4:50 AM

Post #10 of 33 (4381 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

You may enter as many time as u like until qualify for 3 times. That is not true only enter for 3 times include fail as well so don't worry go for it...

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #11 of 33 (4367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [i_idnic] 51st Obedience Trail in Penang! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cindy,

You mean Jaz can enter, but cannot fail more than 3 times is that right?? what are the stages to go through? Any idea? Kinda new to this. Crazy

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 6:29 PM

Post #12 of 33 (4366 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa,

You may enter Jaz until she pass for 3 times, that's mean if fail more than 3 times also never mind. Maximum for passing for each stage is 3 times afterthat u have to go for the higher stage (Novice). U no need to go through any stages, the first stage is Pre-Novice. U got it what I mean this time...any questions feel free to ask. Always welcome ur questions...

Best Regards

Cin-Di

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 8:12 PM

Post #13 of 33 (4357 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cindy,

Thanks man! Have a clearer picture now.. so I can only join in and win for max 3 times then I have to move to Novice. So first it's Pre-Novice, then Novice, then what? Any idea?

Rgds,.. Lisa

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 9:06 PM

Post #14 of 33 (4353 views)
Shortcut

Lisa,

Stage 1 - Pre-Novice Passing score : 70 /100
Satge 2 - Novice 75 /100
Stage 3 - Intermediate 150 /200
Final Stage - Open 160 /200

Cheers
Cin-Di

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 10:00 PM

Post #15 of 33 (4350 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cindy,

Thanks a million on the info! quick question, below are the stages to go through, but what does the 70/100 ; 75/100 ; 150/200 ; 160/200 means??

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 10:19 PM

Post #16 of 33 (4348 views)
Shortcut

oh...let take this as one of the example 70/100 means that u have to get the score 70 marks out of 100 in order to pass pre-novice level. If break the sit stay & down stay consider fail as well so in order to qualify/pass sit & down stay are really important.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 10:26 PM

Post #17 of 33 (4347 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cindy,

Thanks! now that makes more sense to me Tongue.Happen to know what are the list of things Jaz needs to go through to pass? Sit and Stay is one of them, what about others?

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2003, 10:40 PM

Post #18 of 33 (4345 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa,

Heel On Lead - 40pts, Stand Stay - 10pts, Recall - 20pts, Sit Stay(1/2min)-15pts & Down Stay(1min)-15pts (Pre-Novice Level)

Add up total-70 or above(pass) but once break the Sit or down stay or either both then fail no matter how high the marks u get from others exercises.

Cin-Di

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 11:37 PM

Post #19 of 33 (4339 views)
Shortcut

OK! got it!! thanks for the info.. will go home tonight and time Jazz and see if she can stay for that long.... gonna be a tough challenge man....

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 12:31 AM

Post #20 of 33 (4338 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jaz!

Me kai-poh a bit here.Smile Cin di has given you good info. Here's something I posted before that might help you..

For Pre-Novice, the following will be tested:

Heelwork (40pts) - Walking on leash with handler,normal pace. The team (ie. you and the doggie) will be judged on your responses to these commands: Forward,Halt, Right turn, Left turn,Stand & About turn. Next would be the figure of 8 heelwork.

Stand stay (on leash) (10pts)- The dog is to stand steadily beside the handler on a loose leash and not show undue resentment or shyness. Move forward and stand your dog on order from judge. Both of you stand in this position while the judge circle no less than 1 meter around.

Recall (on leash) (20pts) - Sit the dog, walk about 6 ft in front, call the dog. Dog comes and sits in front of the handler, handler issues the finish command, dog moves behind the handler to resume the heel position on the left side.

Sit stay (off leash) (15pts)- Sit the dog, remove the leash, issue the stay command, leave the dog, walk about 20ft away, about turn & face the dog. Wait 30sec. Return to the dog and resume the heel position. The dog's front paws should NOT leave contact with the ground. (otherwise the dog would automatically be disqualified!)

Down stay (off leash) (15pts) - Same as sit stay above except you down the dog before moving away. Wait 1 minute. Dog should NOT stand up otherwise it'll be auto disqualified. Dog can shift about but the body must NOT leave contact with the ground.

Passing mark is 70 for pre-novice.

Like Cin di mentioned, you have to score at least 50% of the total marks for each exercise or else you will not qualify even if the total marks is more than 70. For Eg.

Heelwork: 30 (out of 40)

Stand stay: 8 (out of 10)

Recall: 9 (out of 20)

Sit stay: 15 (out of 15)

Down stay: 15 (out of 15)

Total: 77 (More than the min.70) However, this entry will not qualify due to the Recall exercise is less than 50% of the required marks.

Hope this would clarify things further. Happy training!

Rdgs Arthur

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 1:03 AM

Post #21 of 33 (4332 views)
Shortcut

WOW!!! I AM IMPRESSED!!!! THIS IS AMAZING STUFF MAN!!! I've printed it out and will go back and see if Jaz is anywhere near what is required... Thanks for sharing!! Heard from Eve you are the 'chuin ka' - pro when it comes to obedience training Laugh Mmmhhhmm.. must really see you in action for the coming trail!!!

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 1:55 AM

Post #22 of 33 (4331 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa!

No lah..me still very much at beginer level Blush . Pros are like Max Lee and the trainers. Amazing stuff they can do as a team. In fact, I was inspired by a MKA obedience demo (by MKA trainer Freddie and his Porsche - Border Collie) when I first saw them in action at the 2001 Dogathon. There'll be another demo this 2003 Dogathon to thrill the crowds.

I told myself, if I can train my schnauzers to be even half as good, it'll be an acomplishment. Still got a long way to go...

And the winner for the obedience trial held in 2002 MIPE show in the Mines, KL at pre-novice level was a australian silky terrier with a lady handler! Smile Angelic And information is for sharing after all right? I remember how it was for me when I first got started.

Rdgs Arthur

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 2:05 AM

Post #23 of 33 (4329 views)
Shortcut

Oh yeah kah! I didn't know about that.. hhhmmpphh... must brainwash Eve and my dad to train up Jazz already! ahhahahah!!! let them get the hang of it and we should be going in for more show! hahahah!!

I sure didn't know that the winner was also a silky terrier, I tried giving out commands like sit, down, stay to Jazz last night and she did pretty alright.. maybe that's because I was having "Doggyman" snack in my hand Crazy.. but at least it's a start. Really appreciate all your information on this! thanks a million!

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2003, 6:13 AM

Post #24 of 33 (4319 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa,

If any problem when u train ur jaz, u may just give me a call or come to knock knock my house's door. always welcome.......WinkWinkWink Happy training...

Cin-Di

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 6:22 AM

Post #25 of 33 (4317 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cin-Di,

First of all, I musn't forget to compliment how cute your two pom. looks like on the photo Smile.

So have you send them for Novice?? Any tips on how to get your dog to STAY?? I think that's the biggest obstacle me and Eve going to face on Jaz.. she seems to be easily distracted.... hhhmmphhh...Unimpressed

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my