IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
taking care of black coat

edser

Jun 27, 2003, 9:13 AM

Post #1 of 11 (1576 views)
Shortcut
taking care of black coat Can't Post

Smile i would like to say hi to everyone.

i just bought a black american cocker Zeno to accompany Enzo(MS)

When i bought it it was pure black..very black i mean. anyway few weeks later it turned into a slightly brown coat. not very obvious but its noticable. is there anything i can do with it?

we feed him INs table once a day,never takes him out during sunny day, feed him eukanuba puppy food, bath him using all system midnight blue and we even feed him milk everyday. is there anything we done wrong to our baby?Unsure

anyway just to share here is our baby Zeno's pic (that time he is still very blackLaugh)

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

poor_me
Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2003, 2:17 AM

Post #2 of 11 (1561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edser] taking care of black coat [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

dunno about ur zeno, but me monster is lossing his black too... nvm love him just as well...

regards,
Alan

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1552 views)
Shortcut

I think it's normal ... my choc lab seem to have a few light yellow hair too.

Regards,
Swee Eng

edser

Jun 30, 2003, 11:21 PM

Post #4 of 11 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] taking care of black coat [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink Thank you everyone for the comments. i think i found the answer already. it's his puppy coat. i hand plucked one inch to try. surprisingly his new black coat were born. just sharing

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 1:05 AM

Post #5 of 11 (1537 views)
Shortcut

Hi Serina!

Congrats on your new ACS Zeno! Now Enzo has a playmate.. Just make sure he doesn't chew Zeno's floppy ears!Smile

From what you have listed out, you have done okay. However, from my experience, try to avoid feeding Eka******* to Zeno as it tend to lightens black coats. Spray a sunscreen conditioner for outdoor activities. Other than that, you can try contacting our forum member Jasonlyh with his beautiful black Caldrone (an ECS). He has a nice shiny black coat that shimmers.

Rdgs Arthur

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 5:06 AM

Post #6 of 11 (1530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] taking care of black coat [In reply to] Can't Post

Arthur,

Then any idea how to make a blue tan silky terrier's coat goes 'bluer'??? Any good formula to recommend?? Laugh

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 6:38 AM

Post #7 of 11 (1528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] taking care of black coat [In reply to] Can't Post

Not really..I'm afraid. My guess is that for silkies, it's probably more genetically based than anything else. Maybe some silkies owners can share their experiences here...

Rdgs Arthur

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 2:30 AM

Post #8 of 11 (1514 views)
Shortcut

No problem.. very likely to try bio-g***m and see how is the outcome.. Laugh! can't wait to see you and your dogs in Penang soon!!!

edser

Jul 2, 2003, 8:10 AM

Post #9 of 11 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] taking care of black coat [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

I would just like to say thanks to everyone for their advise. very precious. i would really hope that i can bring zeno out after the 3rd jab and meet with u guys on the next gathering. looking forward to it!!

Wink

Smile
Serina

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 5:56 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1503 views)
Shortcut

No problem, we are all here to help one another Laugh just make sure not to bath your dog after the jab ya!! good luck!

ashley
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 11:47 PM

Post #11 of 11 (1493 views)
Shortcut

Hi Arthur , last time i feed my shitzu that brand u mention. Unfortunately, her fur really change become grey?? like ah pek hair ??!!UnsureFrown
so i change to other brand but still no changer ?? any idea?? Frown should i apply conditioner to let her fur more shining and look rich?? Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my