First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

PansyMyty
Novice

Jun 26, 2003, 11:09 PM

Post #1 of 28 (6385 views)
Shortcut
Pomeranian anyone? Can't Post

Hi,

I have a pomeranian who is about 7 years old. This is my fourth pomeranian as we always go for this breed.

It's a really cute and intelligent dog. It is very temperamental though.

Overall, it's a great dog!

limsuteong
Dog Kichi

Jul 30, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #2 of 28 (6347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PansyMyty] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

R u selling or giving yr Pom for adoption? Pls e-mail me at limsuteong@hotmail.com for details. P.S. Is yr Pom noisy?

Evie_1
Novice

Aug 2, 2003, 7:17 PM

Post #3 of 28 (6332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PansyMyty] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi...

I am a new comer in this forum. I am a pom lover. I have 3 adults pom now. The father's Bobo, mother - Galgal and their son Taka. Nice to know u. Smile
Frown Evie Frown

The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend. ~~ Lord Byron

pomlove
Dog Kichi

Aug 2, 2003, 10:47 PM

Post #4 of 28 (6329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Evie_1] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was delighted when I saw this post!!! I have 2 black female poms, Fina is 4 years and Oprah is 3 years. I love them even though they are barking like crazy at any noise. I'm looking for another pom but must be show quality. Are you interested in starting a pom club to talk about the issues faced by us pom owners??? I would love to host the first meeting. Linda Lewis

Evie_1
Novice

Aug 14, 2003, 6:25 AM

Post #5 of 28 (6300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pomlove] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Linda,

That would be nice. But i think it would be difficult to find show quality pom in malaysia. 3 of my Pom is local breed. Their size seems to be much bigger compare to overseas. Only my female pom is slightly smaller in size. Another sad case is pom is really difficult to breed. My female pom had gave birth twice, each 3 puppies. But only 1 survive at the end. Now i don't even dare to think of breeding them.

Linda, my female pom lost a lots of hair after birth... anyway to cure? It would be nice to set up a thread to talk and share.... makes me feel no longer alone.... Smile
Frown Evie Frown

The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend. ~~ Lord Byron

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2003, 7:02 AM

Post #6 of 28 (6299 views)
Shortcut

Hi Linda,

Pom club already set up so we can share whatever about pom under Pomeranian thread...do come in and add in ur furkid's detail into the list....hope to see u there....

pomlove
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2003, 4:22 PM

Post #7 of 28 (6295 views)
Shortcut

Dear Evie,

Hard to find a show pom here, yes but that's why I want to start a group that meets to learn about the breed. As for breeding poms that's not something to do with a pom who is not purebred with registration and who meets the breed standard as closely as possible. Do you know about the breed standard?

In other countries poms are called the heartbreak breed because they are difficult to breed. If you are lucky then you only lost the pups and not the mother dog. So many things to know and share about poms.

Right now I have 3 different puppies coming from 3 different breeders 2 in the US and one from Sweden. I am very excited and hope to be showing them next year.

As for the hair loss, it is natural for the bitch to loose a lot of hair after the puppies. Keep her clean while weening, after they are weened brush her completely but gently to remove all loose hair. It takes months before the hair returns. She will also blow her coat approxmately 4 months after each season. This is the case with my Fina girl right now, of course she'll be in the show this Sunday, oh well, that's the breaks. Come to the show this Sunday to see KL's show poms there may be more than you think here in Malaysia. Contact MKA for show details.

There is much discussion on how often to bath a pom. I don't bath mine more than once a month but they are mostly inside the house. Other pom breeder friends of mine bath them every week. Either way, brush them completely before bathing, tangles only get worst after they get wet. I blow dry my girls with medium heat blowdryer, held away from the body, until they are almost completely dry. Always comb hair backwards from the direction it grows.

This would be a fantastic first meeting, grooming basics!!! Before I sign off I want to say that I adore this website and it's tops for getting things started and getting dog lovers together. Let's take it to the next step.

pomlove
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2003, 4:27 PM

Post #8 of 28 (6294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [i_idnic] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear i_idnic,

That's great but I want more. That's just me!!! I want to see the other poms in person, I want grooming seminars, training seminars, discussions about pom issues, behaviour and health and show and .....

As I said in the last post this is the best dog website ever, now lets use it to further our knoweledge about our dogs.

I'll go to the thread and post my info about my dogs. I'll also be at the show this Sunday, so come and look for the poms!!!

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 6:41 AM

Post #9 of 28 (6282 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

I have a pom approaching 4 years old. He likes sunbathing and everytime after he does it, his hair will have uneven colours...the outer layeey is really dark and when it grows longer, it looks like human's hair a month after dying where the hair begins to grow. Is this normal. By the way he is cream in colourSmile

Evie_1
Novice

Aug 16, 2003, 5:02 AM

Post #10 of 28 (6277 views)
Shortcut

Dear Linda,

If your plan really works out, it will be a really wonderful! Cos then i will be able to know more about this breed and learn more on handling them!

U r right that i am lucky enough that i didn't lost the mother. That will be unbearable. That's why i think it's necessary for me to know more on this heart break breed.

Won't be able to visit u on ur pom show as i am staying in Melaka at this moment. All the best to you and ur pom! Will be here waiting for your good news!

** Anyone knows where i can get someone to brush my pom's teeth? I don't know how to go with it as they don't really allow me to do it to them. Any suggestion? And what should i get to brush their teeth? I urgently need info on this as my pom's teeth start to turn yellow now. HELP~~~
Frown Evie Frown

(This post was edited by Evie_1 on Aug 16, 2003, 5:33 AM)

pomlove
Dog Kichi

Aug 16, 2003, 6:10 PM

Post #11 of 28 (6270 views)
Shortcut

Dear Evie,

Brushing the teeth is so hard with poms because the mouth is so small. Ideally you can start when they are babies using a tiny toothbrush for dogs (I finally found one just the other day). You can use the tooth brush to feed them a little soft treat until they get excited when they see the tooth brush and each time you feed them begin to brush a tiny bit until they are used to it.

Now back to reality, my poms are older and I didn't do this training when they were young so it is impossible (and I rarely use that word, as I believe anything is possible) to brush their teeth without physically holding them down and fighting them like a wrestler.

I am now developing a relationship with 2 vets here in Puchong area and am almost confident enough of their skills to allow them to clean my dogs teeth. They must anestizise (I can't spell that word) them to do it and that is risky with any dog but especially so with the small breeds.

I had their teeth cleaned only once before last December when we were in the United States but they were caked with food (tarter) again by January and someone suggested that they must not only be scaled (scraped) but polished as well to prevent the food from sticking again right away. I feed only dry food and give lots of different (teeth cleaning) chewy toys for them.

So look to find a vet who you are comfortable to anestizise them so that he/she can clean the teeth. It is not cheap to do. Poms have problems with their teeth very often and that is one issue I would like to improve through breeding, better, stronger teeth.

Thank you for your supportive words and I hope that I get more interest from people who live nearby so we can meet and discuss the pom issues. Do you ever come to KL area? I know it's hard to travel with dogs and find a hotel or place to stay.

Keep asking questions, it's the only way to learn. Linda

pomlove
Dog Kichi

Aug 16, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #12 of 28 (6269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Nathalie,

Hmmmmmm, very strange. I have 2 black poms and they also like to sunbath from time to time but their hair gets lighter, like people who spend a lot of time in the sun. Are you saying that your pom's hair gets darker? Usually the sun bleaches out the hair so I can't imagine what's going on???

If you don't show your pom and it doesn't cause health problems then I wouldn't worry about it.

Linda

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2003, 6:20 PM

Post #13 of 28 (6267 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Brushing the teeth is so hard with poms because the mouth is so small. Ideally you can start when they are babies using a tiny toothbrush for dogs (I finally found one just the other day). You can use the tooth brush to feed them a little soft treat until they get excited when they see the tooth brush and each time you feed them begin to brush a tiny bit until they are used to it.

Now back to reality, my poms are older and I didn't do this training when they were young so it is impossible (and I rarely use that word, as I believe anything is possible) to brush their teeth without physically holding them down and fighting them like a wrestler.

I am now developing a relationship with 2 vets here in Puchong area and am almost confident enough of their skills to allow them to clean my dogs teeth. They must anestizise (I can't spell that word) them to do it and that is risky with any dog but especially so with the small breeds.

I had their teeth cleaned only once before last December when we were in the United States but they were caked with food (tarter) again by January and someone suggested that they must not only be scaled (scraped) but polished as well to prevent the food from sticking again right away. I feed only dry food and give lots of different (teeth cleaning) chewy toys for them.

So look to find a vet who you are comfortable to anestizise them so that he/she can clean the teeth. It is not cheap to do. Poms have problems with their teeth very often and that is one issue I would like to improve through breeding, better, stronger teeth.

Thank you for your supportive words and I hope that I get more interest from people who live nearby so we can meet and discuss the pom issues. Do you ever come to KL area? I know it's hard to travel with dogs and find a hotel or place to stay.

Keep asking questions, it's the only way to learn. Linda

Thanks for all the informations Linda.....thanks again

(This post was edited by i_idnic on Aug 16, 2003, 6:32 PM)

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 17, 2003, 9:20 AM

Post #14 of 28 (6259 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi Linda,

I do not intend to show my pom....but strange yeah....but it doesn't matter coz i have asked many vets and petshop but they coulnd't gimme an answer. Thanks anywaySmile

Riccaval
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 10:48 PM

Post #15 of 28 (6249 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi Linda,
sorry for barging into this thread but I can't help but say that your method of using tooth brush to feed little soft treat is an excellent idea to help get them over the fear of tooth brush.
I'm also very weary of sending my ckcs for scaling and polishing due to the fact that they have to be aneastisize(we both can't spell)Laughand also don't trust the Vets.sorry. I had a friend whose cavalier died a few day after getting her teeth clean but am not sure it was due to that.
If you do find a Vet who is very good in doing this please let us know.

BTW congrats on your pom's maiden CC at the show last Sunday. Hope you enjoyed yourself .

AngelicshalomAngelic

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Sep 16, 2003, 2:05 AM

Post #16 of 28 (6210 views)
Shortcut

your avatar of your pom is just toooooo adorable !!! =D

i love poms !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evie_1
Novice

Sep 17, 2003, 5:33 AM

Post #17 of 28 (6202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi...

Thanks. He's my first pom. I have three now. :) I basically loves any kind of dogs. Yours are cute too.
Frown Evie Frown

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Sep 17, 2003, 5:39 AM

Post #18 of 28 (6200 views)
Shortcut

ehhe yes just sooooooo adorable

i wanna hug and squeeze your pom Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

musashi
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2003, 7:20 PM

Post #19 of 28 (6099 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Your POm sure looks so cute, I have mixed POM, thinking of gettign him a partner,but I am staying in an apartment,just wondering how is POM's personality, are they noisy & barks alot ? My dog will only bark if someone knock on the door....usually he is very quiet.

Have you seen any white POM before ? I was told tha dogs are color blind but my dog loves to play with white dogs only,it's very funny.......

Blush I am the man with dog's name

Evie_1
Novice

Nov 28, 2003, 6:47 AM

Post #20 of 28 (6091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mushashi,Smile

Thanks. Yours looks really cute too. A pom mixed with ??? Looks adorable. Well, i have three poms with me here and different pom have different character. I should said normally poms are really noisyUnsure. My first pom (BoBo)is very noisyMad, he barks at almost any kind of things... dogs... shadow... flies, well he really barks a lot and sometimes i find it hard to control him that i have to come out with my special weapon (a cane) to scare him into his cage. My second pom (Girl) is a female pom, very gentle and nice ladySmile, seldom bark and really manja. My third pom (TaKa, which is the son of my first and second pom) is also a good boyTongue, never heard him bark before since he's born. Crazy I guess each individual doggie has their own character... I am not the expert over here, maybe someone could give more info on this.

I used to keep them in an apartment when i was in KL. Now that i had moved back to Melaka, they have more space to run around and i can see that they are happier over here.

Tell us more about your doggie and WELCOME to this thread!!!

Cheers....

Frown Evie Frown

pomlove
Dog Kichi

Nov 29, 2003, 6:06 PM

Post #21 of 28 (6083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, hello to all. I haven't posted or signed on to puppy.com for a long time, too busy.

Well lots has happened, I got a new ORANGE bitch Trinity from the Philippines and will show her in Penang on Dec. 13 & 14. Come and see me if you can.

As for the teeth subject when I got Trinity she had very dirty teeth and her gums were bleeding. I did take her to St. Angeles Klinik behind Tesco in Puchong. They anstized her and scraped and polished her teeth and she is fine now. The vets are Drs. Dom and Agas and the phone number is 03 5891 1884. I recommend them highly.

Otherwise Fina is finally a Malaysian Champion so I am happy. She is now retired and I have bred her and am expecting puppies in late December. I can't tell if she is pregnant yet but I am hoping.

Well look forward to hearing from all the pom lovers out there. Linda

musashi
ALPHA

Dec 3, 2003, 6:33 AM

Post #22 of 28 (6070 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
Thanks for your info & reply, I still cannot decide yet.
Well, my dog has both of his parents look & personality. He is scare of thunder storm and flies. Love to disturb BIG dog but scared of small dogs...CrazyCrazy
He is already 8 years old, he has been with us since he is only 3 weeks old. I got him from the pet shop.
Did not socialize with others dogs before I got to know about this website.FrownFrown,we will not miss any gathering anymore Sly

Blush I am the man with dog's name

PansyMyty
Novice

Jan 27, 2004, 10:50 PM

Post #23 of 28 (5968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PansyMyty] My pomeranian left us :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! I didnt know there are so many post in this thread. :) Havent been checking this for quite some time. Well.. I'm really happy to see so many pomeranian lovers.. but there's one sad thing i want to announce.

Frown My pomeranian died few months back. No idea why. The next morning, found him lying at his place with some blood from his mouth. :( I wasnt at home then. Really miss him a lot!!

Hope to get another pom. Not sure when. :(

dpelican

Jan 28, 2004, 3:53 AM

Post #24 of 28 (5962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

<-- My Snowy is not a pure breed Pom but a mixed (Pom x Maltese). She has POM features but MALTESE hair (type & colour) and size. She's about 4.5kg. She's turning 7 this March. I brought her back with me from Australia.

carriepg

Jun 10, 2005, 3:09 AM

Post #25 of 28 (4869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dpelican] Pomeranian anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm adopting a pom and getting it tonight.I need more information how to teach them and takecare of pom.When pom is shedding cos of fur coat change to adult fur..do they relaly drop a lot?

i hope u guys cna give me some info on it...thanks ya!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my