Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Homemade remedies?

LusciousLeah
Novice

Apr 1, 2012, 7:37 PM

Post #1 of 2 (12048 views)
Shortcut
Homemade remedies? Can't Post

Anyone using homemade remedies on their furkids like organic apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, neem oil, turmeric powder or olive oil when medicine doesn't work?

I've tried meds on my golden boy it only work when I'm constantly using it otherwise the moment I stop those skin problems come back again. I'm reluctant to use too frequently the meds due to some have steroids.

Anyone care to share their experiences and also anyone here that is a golden retriever expert?

Thanks all!

marciaL
Novice

May 28, 2012, 6:17 AM

Post #2 of 2 (11983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LusciousLeah] Homemade remedies? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi hope this is reply is not too late. nonetheless it might help someone else also.

My pugs had back hind skin allergies when she was five months old. very bad itchiness and redness. lost most of her hind leg fur. doctor told me she had to get shots every two weeks for up to three months. really freaked me out.

i had home remedies for her. everyday i pounded tons of fresh garlic (i kept extra pounded garlic in tupperwares and put them in the fridge so that they are also cold when you put on them), and covered her back and body twice a day till she was covered in it. gave her bath to sit in apple cider vinegar for about five to ten minutes or so.

at night before she sleeps i make sure the garlic is removed of course and covered her with aloe vera gel. the original straight from the leaves. i will scrap the inside of the aloe vera and cover her completely.

in two weeks it was gone. doctor was amazed.

i seriously wouldnt suggest tea tree oil or neem oil.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my