Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
How to continue doing her business in the cage?

kabuki
Novice

Jun 22, 2011, 1:34 AM

Post #1 of 2 (6962 views)
Shortcut
How to continue doing her business in the cage? Can't Post

Hello everyone,

I have a Pug who is 3 years old already. I keep her in the cage when I'm out to work (or go to sleep), and let her out when i'm home. She has been trained to go back to the cage to pee and poo when she's out. However, now I would like confined her to the study room when I'm not around instead. It is afterall, a bit pitiful to be caged for a long period though the cage is huge she could jump etc. The cage will remain in the same spot in the study as now. I have put up a child gate at the entrance to the study room.

My problem now is that when I let her out at the study, instead of going back to the cage to do her business, she now does it outside, and would step and lay on it (not intentional I think, more of she just doesn't care). I know she's doing this for attention. But how to give her attention when I go to work, or sleep? :P

How do I correct this behavior?

Thanks people :)

kabuki
Novice

Jun 22, 2011, 7:32 AM

Post #2 of 2 (6956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kabuki] How to continue doing her business in the cage? [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot to mention in the previous times, she also pull out and shredded the dirty newspaper in the tray of the cage.

How can I stop her from doing it? Or better yet, prevent her from accessing the newspaper?? :P

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my