Relocating pet to Malaysia

cannedmoose
New User

Jan 11, 2011, 1:52 PM

Post #1 of 2 (6598 views)
Shortcut
Relocating pet to Malaysia Can't Post

Hi all

I've just found out that I'm due to relocate with work from the UK to KL in March/April. I have a 6 year old West Highland White Terrier that ideally I'd want to relocate with myself and the rest of the family. Our vet here in the UK has advised that although relocating our pet is possible, he would advise against it on two grounds:

1. Climate - heat and humidity could be too much for a dog used to colder temperatures (we live in the north of Scotland) and she has dermatitis which the heat could aggrivate

2. Social attitudes towards dogs in some social circles in Malaysia

Naturally, I would like to bring our pet with us as she is part of our family circle and although I have an alternative good home with a close relative that she knows and likes, it would feel like abandoning her after so long with us (anthropomorphic I know, but that's human-dog connection after all!)

Appreciate if anyone else has been in a similar dilemma and any experiences that folk have had when they took the decision to bring their pet into the country (positive or negative). Many thanks, getting the views of people who have been there and done it will help me reach a more firm conclusion on what to do.

Many thanks,

CM

cuccio_mum
New User

Oct 6, 2011, 8:48 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cannedmoose] Relocating pet to Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

is it too late to read your thread now? i got my dog fly from UK to Malaysia too...if u still need help do PM me i will tell u wat i know...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my