Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Another new puppies come to my house.. How????

wploo02
Novice

Dec 10, 2010, 3:19 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2987 views)
Shortcut
Another new puppies come to my house.. How???? Can't Post

My another one more puppies w 8weeks r coming soon to my house .. So need some knowledge from yours. Hvn finish vaccine new puppies it is need to separate w other dogs for certain period instead I hv one Schnauzer at the moment? How long? Must waIt until finish all 3 vaccine or? Furthermore I always bring my schnauzer going outside walk walk. So how?

huat
Novice

Dec 11, 2010, 11:02 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wploo02] Another new puppies come to my house.. How???? [In reply to] Can't Post

well, from my knowledge, all dogs can recognize puppy like human recognizing baby.

in general, older dog will not harm a puppy, unless the older dog is extreme aggressive and territorial.

and i think it should be fine to to put the new puppy with your dog together, but of coz, introduce them to each other gradually.

if possible, check on the condition of the puppy's parent's health and living condition ( if you are getting from the breeder)

a healthy living environment and healthy parent would most certainly mean healthily puppies, those putting the puppy with other dog would not present any problem to the older dog.

if you're getting it from a petshop, mayb you should isolate the pup from other dog for few days, check the poo and pee and the general reaction of the puppy, if all look good, than you can introduce the pup to other dogs.

usually it take up to 3months to finish the basic/compulsory vaccination.

but for me, i spread apart the vaccination to 6month.

this is because vaccination effect could be too strong for the puppy to handle, and may shock the immune system of the pup, by spreading it to more shot for a longer period, i ensure that the puppy does not have such problem. but is better to consult the vet before any action is taken.
=)

wploo02
Novice

Dec 11, 2010, 11:26 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huat] Another new puppies come to my house.. How???? [In reply to] Can't Post

Very good info n knowledge for me. Thanks a lot I know wat I should do now...Frown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Dec 14, 2010, 5:54 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wploo02] Another new puppies come to my house.. How???? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, vaccination is to get the immune system going, spreading it out defeats the purpose. On concern of mixing your puppy to your big dogs, if your dog is not dog aggressive, then fine and as for taking your dog out often... to eliminate all kinds of complication, do not take your dog out. I do not take any of my dogs out if one of them is close to whelping for close 4 months. Do not let "dog lovers" tell you story. Do not be a "dog lover" but be an owner who loves dogs.

huat
Novice

Dec 14, 2010, 7:18 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Another new puppies come to my house.. How???? [In reply to] Can't Post

spreading the vaccination apart will not defeat the purpose of the vaccination.

i have personal experience that puppies when in to shock because the vaccination shot were too strong and it hinder the natural immune system of the puppies.

responsible vet will even encourage longer interval between shots.

what do you mean to eliminate problem, you dont bring your dog out?

PSY
K9 Kaki

Dec 15, 2010, 10:08 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huat] Another new puppies come to my house.. How???? [In reply to] Can't Post

What I mean..... if you have a dog that may be vulnerable at home that may pick things up due to sickness or if you have new born puppies at home.... why take your other dogs out so they can pick up things and bring back to the kennels? Since you have knowledge of longer intervals between vaccinations is safe plus cfmations from vets then I have not much to say about this matter.

huat
Novice

Dec 16, 2010, 9:44 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Another new puppies come to my house.. How???? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh, now i understand what you are trying to say. and i agree with you.

dog pick up deceases easily from outside (playing outdoor, exposes to other dogs, on grass etc), fleas and ticks are also a major threats.

so whenever there new puppies around, i think the older dog routine of walking outdoor should be canceled, or atleast walk at somewhere thats considerably safe.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my