Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Help me with my dog, switched food to try to help her diet, didn't work?

VinithaR
New User

Aug 25, 2010, 10:29 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2851 views)
Shortcut
Help me with my dog, switched food to try to help her diet, didn't work? Can't Post

My dog is sick, hasn't ate much in the past 3 days. It's my only good friend left in my daily goings. I have no one or nothing else as loyal and to be as much faith into.

We changed its food to try to give it a healthier diet, so that it might live for a few more years. Well it made it sick, and it hasn't ate in like 3 days so we switched back to its old food but even now, I don't think that's enough food to nourish it back to health.

It was so weak it could barely make it up the back porch steps, and I have work and no one is home to watch her. I'm worried about her. She was so weak she had trouble making it up 3-4 small steps just a few inches apart from one another.

She doesn't seem to be eating enough and she's only eating treats. It's like she doesn't trust her food anymore and she's been on it her whole life.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Aug 25, 2010, 9:36 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VinithaR] Help me with my dog, switched food to try to help her diet, didn't work? [In reply to] Can't Post

This doesn't sound like it has much - if anything - to do with the food. Food switches can cause diarrhea, a little upset but not lethargy & no appetite for 3-4 days. Maybe the switch triggered it but she has something else going on to be that weak. She needs to see a Vet asap.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

VinithaR
New User

Aug 26, 2010, 7:27 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Help me with my dog, switched food to try to help her diet, didn't work? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your advise. I will bring her to the animal clinic tomorrow morning.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Oct 12, 2010, 12:34 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VinithaR] Help me with my dog, switched food to try to help her diet, didn't work? [In reply to] Can't Post

how's ur dog doing?

there are food that caters for older dogs. try those but for future note, don't switch food too abruptly. Start slowly by mixing in with current + some new. slowly increase the new and reduce the old. some dogs can take the change, but not all. i switch food for my dogs all the time after confirming they are fine with it.

go check out the food for older dogs.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my