Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Bad News: Dogs Not Allowed in Tmn Tun's Bukit Kiara Trail

Sevenor
Novice

Aug 22, 2010, 10:30 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6909 views)
Shortcut
Bad News: Dogs Not Allowed in Tmn Tun's Bukit Kiara Trail Can't Post

I've been walking my dog at the above mentioned trail for the past few months without any problem but this evening (Saturday), three malay chaps were at the entrance turning dog owners and their dogs away, pointing to a new (but temporary) signboard that no dogs allowed. Must be because of the stupid Star paper reporting recently about dog owners bringing their dogs there for walk, instigated such a move by MBPJ.

Already disappointed with the Star's pro-establishment stance for years that I had cut my subscription down to the bare minimum - i.e. only weekend, so that I won't be brainwashed by it but after this episode I definitely going to cancel it altogether! It's just not dog (and dog owner) friendly!

Ever since the Mamak ran this country, local authorities and state governments had long ago become emboldened and had started discriminating against us dog owners (read non-malay). There are so many restrictions on us now compared with decades ago.

Now everywhere we dog owners also cannot bring our dogs. Unlike other countries, in Malaysia dogs are already barred from taking buses, LRT's and trains and walking in public parks. Don't be surprised one day they tell us that our dogs can't ride in our cars or, worse, go out of the house. If we dog owners don't stand up against such discrimination, one day there will be no place for us dog owners to stand in this country!!!

Sevenor
Novice

Aug 22, 2010, 10:16 PM

Post #2 of 3 (6875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sevenor] Bad News: Dogs Not Allowed in Tmn Tun's Bukit Kiara Trail [In reply to] Can't Post

Another thing. On a few occasions, I noticed inconsiderate dog owners who did not clean up after their dogs. Felt like telling them off if not for wanting to avoid quarrels.

Anyway, the authorities have no right to impose a blanket ban on all of us just because of a few bad apples. Instead, they should fine those morons rather than depriving the rest of us (and our dogs) from using parks, trail and beaches. That's obviously an opportunistic discrimination!

Sashan
Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2010, 3:17 PM

Post #3 of 3 (6662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sevenor] Bad News: Dogs Not Allowed in Tmn Tun's Bukit Kiara Trail [In reply to] Can't Post

Totally agree with you! When I was in Melbourne, I was stared like orangutan when I saw how many dogs were with their owners at outdoor cafes! It was so different. Dogs ran around in parks, and there werent people screaming "AHHH ANJING ANJING!" hysterically.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my