Home: General: Chit Chat:
Need Advice

shaniandras
New User

Aug 16, 2010, 12:09 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2000 views)
Shortcut
Need Advice Can't Post

I found a dog and i want to return her back to her original owner but the problem is i do not know how other than putting up notice and asking possible owners to come forth to prove their ownership with sufficient evidence.

I was thinking that there is a slight chance that this dog might be injected with a microchip and if i am not mistaken, these microchips contained the details of the dog together with the owner as well as their dwelling address?

If so, what is the method to get the microchip scanned for these details?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Aug 17, 2010, 1:13 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shaniandras] Need Advice [In reply to] Can't Post

Take her to your Vet - they should have a scanner to read any microchip that she might carry. Hopefully the address given will be utd. It's not always the case if people move & forget to notify the registry. Once you have her microchip number, call up MKA & tell them you have found a dog & would like to trace the owner.

However, if you can't find the owner, the responsible thing to do is to turn the dog in to the closest shelter. A good owner will look for the dog at the shelter.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my