Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
If my boy dog is neutered, and my girl dog is not, can they have babies?

JaniceDeFairy
New User

Jul 24, 2010, 8:54 AM

Post #1 of 11 (4620 views)
Shortcut
If my boy dog is neutered, and my girl dog is not, can they have babies? Can't Post

I have two dogs a boy, and a girl. The boy dog is a Shih Zsu and the girl is a Pomeranian. Teddy(Shih Zsu) is neutered, Honey Bear(Pomeranian) is not neutered. So can they have babies or not?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 24, 2010, 9:56 PM

Post #2 of 11 (4608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JaniceDeFairy] If my boy dog is neutered, and my girl dog is not, can they have babies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well let's think this out...

No reproductive organs means no way to impregnate the bitch. However, if your dog was just neutered he can still impregnate your bitch for a couple of weeks after.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

JaniceDeFairy
New User

Jul 25, 2010, 3:58 AM

Post #3 of 11 (4601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] If my boy dog is neutered, and my girl dog is not, can they have babies? [In reply to] Can't Post

OK Laugh

Fred2'O
Novice

Jul 25, 2010, 10:13 PM

Post #4 of 11 (4588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] If my boy dog is neutered, and my girl dog is not, can they have babies? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
However, if your dog was just neutered he can still impregnate your bitch for a couple of weeks after.

How is this so?

(This post was edited by Fred2'O on Jul 25, 2010, 10:13 PM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 25, 2010, 11:25 PM

Post #5 of 11 (4584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fred2'O] If my boy dog is neutered, and my girl dog is not, can they have babies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if the dog has been neutered, there is still sperm in the tubes. They only remove the testicles & cauterize the tubes closed but there is still sperm available. Now if it's been more than a couple of weeks or months after being neutered, I'm going to say there's no way he can impregnate a bitch. But if it's right after being neutered then definitely yes, there is still sperm.

It's no different from a man who'd had a vasectomy. They tell him that there is still seminal fluid & sperm in there so to be careful after a while then, there should be no more sperm.

BTW, nice meeting you at the training field this morning. :)

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

Fred2'O
Novice

Jul 26, 2010, 6:59 AM

Post #6 of 11 (4574 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for your clear explanation.

It was nice meeting you too and your five dogs. Such beautiful well trained dogs they are.
Congratulations on amber's big win at the show.
You must be on Cloud 9!! Any photos to share?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 27, 2010, 3:53 AM

Post #7 of 11 (4548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fred2'O] If my boy dog is neutered, and my girl dog is not, can they have babies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the nice compliments. I was definitely on Cloud Nine when Amber won BMBIS. It has always been a dream of mine to see one of my dogs on the podium & it finally came true. :D

http://s127.photobucket.com/...p139/amberfaithcloe/

Fred2'O
Novice

Jul 28, 2010, 7:47 PM

Post #8 of 11 (4499 views)
Shortcut

So beautiful!! how often do you groom her?
Wll you be showing her again anytime soon? if there is a show coming up let me know early so that I can drop by and cheer for you two! Frown

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 30, 2010, 10:23 PM

Post #9 of 11 (4465 views)
Shortcut

Not often unless there's a show coming up ofcourse. If I am not mistaken, there'll be another show in Sept. Sure, I will let you know. :)

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jul 30, 2010, 10:26 PM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Aug 15, 2010, 8:54 AM

Post #10 of 11 (4177 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Next show will be on the 5th of September at SCP, rooftop level. See you there!

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Aug 15, 2010, 8:55 AM)

Fred2'O
Novice

Aug 26, 2010, 10:09 AM

Post #11 of 11 (3816 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the update GoldenAddict. I am very sorry to tell you this but, I have gone back to Switzerland just a week ago and won't be back in Malaysia in time for the Sept 5th show. I should be back in the middle of Sept. If there are other shows after that one, then I'll definitely attend those. Thanks again and so sorry.

(This post was edited by Fred2'O on Aug 26, 2010, 10:12 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my