Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
my dog sick

kimerajamm
New User

Jul 22, 2010, 5:18 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1267 views)
Shortcut
my dog sick Can't Post

he ate a little bit today and seemed like he was doing fine. about an hour ago he started shaking and drooling a little so we got him to drink thinking he was dehydrated. he threw it all up (big mess) hes still shaking but it doesn't seem as bad. hes half st bernard the other half is yellow lab and german shepard. we called the vet and he said he should be okay but im such a mom and still worried. has anyone dealt with this before, what should i do?

UnsureUnsureUnsureUnsureUnsure

[url= www.medicscan-store.com/]Medicscan

(This post was edited by kimerajamm on Jul 22, 2010, 5:20 AM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 22, 2010, 10:29 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimerajamm] my dog sick [In reply to] Can't Post

I would not assume anything. If I were you, I'd be checking around to see if there's anything poison he could have gotten into. Is he a deep chested breed? A chewer? You haven't given a lot of information about your dog. How old is he? Do you take him on walks? Did he get overheated yesterday? If so, it could have been heatstroke.

Discussing events surrounding a dog's illness to find out the problem is something that you do in person with your Vet at checkups or on the phone. I'm surprised your Vet didn't ask & if this was the response I got, I'd be looking for another one. Is he up to date on his vaccinations? We sure don't know; only you know that (even your Vet would have to look this up, remember).

If he was mine & not improving in a little while, I think I'd find an all night pet hospital & take him in.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jul 22, 2010, 10:32 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my