Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Ear Care and Conditions:
Is there a less painful method to pluck ear hair?

elaine84
New User

Jul 4, 2010, 7:32 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4354 views)
Shortcut
Is there a less painful method to pluck ear hair? Can't Post

Hi, I have a mini schnauzer who absolutely hates having his ear hair plucked. I usually have to hold him down tightly and pluck as much as I can cause he really seems to be in pain. I know its hassle free if I brought him to the groomers but I feel that some of them can be pretty rough on the dogs. Anyone has any tips? Thanks!

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 4, 2010, 7:59 AM

Post #2 of 3 (4347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elaine84] Is there a less painful method to pluck ear hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've plucked a few ears & it's not painful if you do it right. Maybe your dog's fighting partly because you're holding him down. Or you're just plain taking too much hair at a time.

You firmly grasp a few hairs & pluck with a quick motion. Only a few, then it doesn't hurt. And don't take all the hair out of his ears or you're opening up all the follicles & that can lead to infection. Just take out as much hair as necessary so air can circulate.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

elaine84
New User

Jul 4, 2010, 8:58 AM

Post #3 of 3 (4337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Is there a less painful method to pluck ear hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your reply.
The reason for holding him tight is so that he won't turn his head abruptly (which is pretty often) and it's really dangerous especially if i have foreign objects in his ears. :(
I do pluck bit by bit but maybe he could be extra sensitive or something? He seems to hate it even when i snip off the long fur around the ear area.. sigh!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my