Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
This 1month+ toy poodle is dying cause of disease

Cloud2322
Novice

May 19, 2010, 5:44 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2316 views)
Shortcut
This 1month+ toy poodle is dying cause of disease Can't Post

This poor toy poodle name Doro is dying because of some kind of disease.. And the doctor needs RM5xx to cure him... Why is the price so ridiculous? But too bad.. The dog is not mine but my friend's dog.. He returned it back to the owner that they purchase him from.. Hope he's still fine FrownUnsureUnsureUnsure

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

May 19, 2010, 11:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloud2322] This 1month+ toy poodle is dying cause of disease [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I don't know what disease the dog has but Vet care isn't cheap. There's the cost of medical supplies, medical equipment, operating the building, paying employees, paying of student loans & the money for such things has to come from somewhere. That is why Vet care costs money!

And when it comes to veterinary treatment for serious illness or disease in dog, RM500 is peanuts. I would be expecting to pay well over a thousand $$$ not hundreds. BTW, a puppy this young is not even weaned from its mother. It's not even old enough to be vaccinated. No wonder it contracted a life-threatening disease.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on May 19, 2010, 11:47 PM)

Cloud2322
Novice

May 20, 2010, 6:05 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] This 1month+ toy poodle is dying cause of disease [In reply to] Can't Post

but I don't think this is a serious illness.. cause the first day I saw him he's fine and active.. but then the second day he was vomitting.. and then m friend took him to the vet.. and it cost about RM5xx =.= Btw, the vet over Puteri Puchong is quite expensive.. I know that vet shop like a vacuum... charge people extra than others.. inappropriate to tell the vet shop name.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 21, 2010, 9:17 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloud2322] This 1month+ toy poodle is dying cause of disease [In reply to] Can't Post

Well you are not a vet that is why you dont know how serious can the illness be. Disease or virus that a pup of this age can contract will cost a lotttttttt of money to treat 5xx is so cheap. Other vets would charge close to 1xxx or even more. Find out the name of the sickness, google it and learn more before you start simply accusing.

There are not many vets in Bandar Puteri Puchong. I can say I know all of them and consult them all before. None of them will simply charge.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Sashan
Enthusiast

May 22, 2010, 5:54 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] This 1month+ toy poodle is dying cause of disease [In reply to] Can't Post

A decent dinner can easily cost rm 200-300. Go buffet at hotel is rm100+ per person. 1 pair of jeans rm 150++.. A book is almost RM40...
RM500 these days is not very much really. When you have a dog you have to be prepared to spend on it. Its just like having a kid, when they are sick, your pocket burns but you still treat them anyway.

People can buy a puppy for RM600-800++ easily, but when it comes to a vet fee if they balk at paying a few hundred, I think its better they buy a virtual pet. Cheaper, cleaner and you can throw it away when you get bored.

(Of course a puppy should be healthy when its bought, but the complaint here isnt about the pups health, its about vet costs) Animal healthcare is expensive, and every animal will get sick sooner or later. If someone cant/dont want to afford that, better not get a pup.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my