Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Getting a pup in the appartment

rosscaramell
New User

Apr 5, 2010, 7:04 PM

Post #1 of 8 (3988 views)
Shortcut
Getting a pup in the appartment Can't Post

Hey ther everyone. I really want to get a small dog but my problem is that i live in Seri Maya(ampang) currerntly and moving to cyberjaya for university this summer. The condominiums don't allow pets :( but there is a dog in the units next to us, i heard it bark before..so there is no problem snuggling in pets , but my question is how to walk a dog? if u go to life people can see you with a dog, where and how must the dog go to toilet then? i wonder..FrownFrown

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 5, 2010, 8:59 PM

Post #2 of 8 (3985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rosscaramell] Getting a pup in the appartment [In reply to] Can't Post

Having a pet that violates your lease can get you evicted or the dog confiscated. Most landlords are pretty heartless about it too. The dog you heard barking may have been grandfathered in on the lease or they could be paying an added RM100+ a month on the rent or it could be just a matter of time before the person is evicted.

You're a new adult. This is something you have to logically make a decision on. Trying to sneak something in that'll get you & your dog homeless is pretty stupid.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

rosscaramell
New User

Apr 6, 2010, 4:37 AM

Post #3 of 8 (3971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Getting a pup in the appartment [In reply to] Can't Post

true, but i heard that if you get a dog license then they cant kick the dog out? coz it would be a legal permission right?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 6, 2010, 8:04 AM

Post #4 of 8 (3965 views)
Shortcut

A dog license is just a license for your particular dog NOT your particular apartment so the landlord has a legitimate right to tell you to get rid of the dog.

Getting a license for your dog just means the city knows you have it & says that it is legal for you to own it. It doesn't null & void the fact that you are breaking your lease contract. When you license your dog, the city doesn't look up your lease to see whether or not you are breaking the condo rules. That's up to you to do. So a city license isn't permission to ignore your lease.

And a lease is also a LEGAL contract, so you can be in legal trouble if you flout the rules & get a dog when you signed an agreement with your landlord saying you wouldn't.

Again, getting a dog against your lease is a very bad idea. You can get evicted and/or charged huge fees. Also, it's extremely unhealthy & very unfair to the dog that you will never be taking it outside because you do not want anybody to find out that you are owning a dog. Sure a small dog could technically get all it's needed exercise inside & even be litter trained but it's not fair to the dog to never get fresh air, it's an animal!

I hoped I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Apr 6, 2010, 8:24 AM)

rosscaramell
New User

Apr 6, 2010, 6:25 PM

Post #5 of 8 (3949 views)
Shortcut

UnsureFrown
Well do you know of any pet-friendly condos around cyberjaya then? i really crave to care for a dog and im just trying to figure out is there any way possible at all to get it in this country..back in my country in Uzbekistan and Russia everybody has dogs and there is no such thing as No Pets..i feel its very unfair :/ coz prolly there are as much dog lovers as dog haters in this country, but they prioritise..
Frown

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 6, 2010, 8:39 PM

Post #6 of 8 (3945 views)
Shortcut

This isn't a very dog-friendly country. The majority of the people here in Malaysia are Malays & 99% of them do not like dogs. Unfortunately, most condominiums & apartments don't tolerate pets. Sorry, I don't know of any pet-friendly condos/apartments in Cyberjaya. Just keep searching. I'm sure you'll be able to find one that will.

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Apr 6, 2010, 8:41 PM)

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2010, 1:34 AM

Post #7 of 8 (3936 views)
Shortcut

Try renting a house, and look for dog friendly housemates, or look for someone who is renting rooms to ppl and has a dog.

If you want apartment ... its kind of risky like GoldenAddict says.

bsb_christhy
New User

Jul 25, 2010, 4:17 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2313 views)
Shortcut

hi, there.. this is my method. i living in a condo. my puppy is shih tzu 10th month. i always carry her with me in a side beg , sometimes with dog beg.

my dog will be quiet cz she like to go out ..she behaved..

my opinion is to get a puppy and train it..

visit my blog for my story

subconscious-bsbchristhy.blogspot.com/Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my