Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
how to ensure that a pup is fully toilet trained?

ansontee
New User

Apr 1, 2010, 7:31 PM

Post #1 of 6 (14148 views)
Shortcut
how to ensure that a pup is fully toilet trained? Can't Post

Hi all dog lover here, i own a 3 months female min. schnauzer together with my girlfriend. May i know that how to know that my furkid is fully toilet train? I train my Miki to do her business on a wee pad tray, b4 she doing her business, she will go to the tray n sniff on the tray then only do her business.
I worry that she did her business on the place tat has her pee poo smell instead of she know the tray is her toilet...coz sometimw she will pee poo on the floor, although most of the time she will do her business on tray, if i dun eliminate completely the smell on the floor wif vinegar, she will do her busines at the same place Frown

In Reply To

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 2, 2010, 6:28 AM

Post #2 of 6 (14139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ansontee] how to ensure that a pup is fully toilet trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

What you are doing is actually training your dog that the house is the toilet, therefore, she will continue to do her business everywhere in the house including on the pee pad. First of all, a dog is not 100% toilet trained until they are a year old, so I'd say at 3 months, no you still have 9 months to go & if you insist on having this dog crap & pee inside then no this dog will NEVER be toilet trained as she will continue using the house as her toilet.

If you took her outside to do her business & she had very few accidents then I'd say your dog is housebroken but will never be 100% until a year old.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

ansontee
New User

Apr 2, 2010, 4:00 PM

Post #3 of 6 (14129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] how to ensure that a pup is fully toilet trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, i'm not really understand that u saying i training my pup tat the house is her toilet...there are also ppl who paper train their pup inside the house n they are doing well... Crazy
I put my pup inside the playpens together with the wee pad tray, there hv enuf space for her to play inside the playpens..

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Apr 3, 2010, 3:56 AM

Post #4 of 6 (14113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ansontee] how to ensure that a pup is fully toilet trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

So simple a theory u cannot understand. May I suggest that U plug the p hole as well as the shit hole then I can assure you no problemSly

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

ansontee
New User

Apr 3, 2010, 7:06 PM

Post #5 of 6 (14098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] how to ensure that a pup is fully toilet trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh....wat a good suggestion, u do tat for ur pup too?

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2010, 3:06 AM

Post #6 of 6 (14089 views)
Shortcut

Tongue I don't need to bcoz they operate on batteriesSly

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my