Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
My First Puppy

elyssa
Novice

Mar 4, 2010, 7:00 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1452 views)
Shortcut
My First Puppy Can't Post

Hello there everyone. My puppy's name is DJ. Here is an excerpt from my blog about him:-

"I would like to announce to the whole world that the new addition to my family is D.J!!...our puppy.After a few weeks of contemplating whether we should get a puppy, we finally got one after doing some research. DJ is of a miniature Schnauzer breed.He was just a few days shy from 2.5 months when we brought him back home last weekend. I visited his breeder twice before deciding to get her miniature Schnauzer.My hubby could not stop saying "Look at him dear, he is sooooo small la". Then I would look lovingly at DJ and then at my hubby and say "Ya lor...he is so cute and small"

Currently he have been with us for a month plus. Feeling bad that we have to leave him during our working hours. Hence, once he gets all his vaccination done, we may think of sending him to a daycare during weekdays so that he have other dogs to play with. He is at the bity stage right now and also still under training for pee and poo.

I have so much to say but I will leave it for next time :)

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 4, 2010, 11:49 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elyssa] My First Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, welcome to puppy.com.

Hope you will enjoy your time and participation with other forum members...your family said it well be sending D.J to a day care centre when you'll not at home...just be sure you get the right plp that have delt with m.schnauzer's before...they can be very yappy at times, I am sure you have studied this breed before bringing him home...Cheers!

elyssa
Novice

Mar 5, 2010, 12:11 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] My First Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. I have done research for over a month before deciding on mini schnauzer. We are staying in a condo. My hubby's first choice and have always been dear to his heart was a GR..but obviously we cannot have a GR cos we stay in a condo. His second choice was beagle but after doing some research, it does not fit our criteria. At last we chose our DJ.

Thanks for your advice. We have already identified a day care for DJ but we cannot send him there till he is fully vaccinated. Will monitor his stay at the day care before making the decision to take on this day care or not. But if you have any suggestions, please do tell ya. He will be going for the Obedience Training at the end of this month :). Can't wait to see him out there cos our DJ is one active puppy :P

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 5, 2010, 8:42 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1427 views)
Shortcut

You have work out a program for DJ..., Obedience Training by end of March..he is only 3.5 month by then, a little to early unless you have your reasons..puppies need plenty of rest (15-18hrs per day), though many would show otherwise...some even hyper active but still require to calm it down.

elyssa
Novice

Mar 5, 2010, 5:33 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] My First Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

ACC,

Actually by end March he would be almost 4.5 months. My introduction from my blog was about a month back. I have started simple OB training like Sit and Leave It at home..but still using treats as "bait" :P But I need lots of help training him the other stuff. Looking forward to the training sessions ")

DJ is actually quite active, He loves running around and loves to play it rough too. When I am home the whole day, I think the total of sleep/rest he takes is about 12-15 hours only. In the day he rest for an hour and wants to play with us when he wakes up. If we do not play with him, he will either just rest next to us or play with his toys or chews on his chewy 'bone'. We feel he will love running around the outdoors cos he was running around with me at my parent's house garden during CNY :P. At home, one of the ways we use to make him loose his energy is by climbing our staircase a few times. I tell ya, this boy has so much energy!

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 5, 2010, 7:34 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1408 views)
Shortcut

Very happy to hear DJ's progress..you sound very responsible person...you can go through the thread below posted last month (Hunting Forum). Some information about training dogs included...Cheers!

THE JOYS OF BEAGLING

(This post was edited by ACC on Mar 5, 2010, 7:36 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my