Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
EARTHQUAKE WARNING - Those living in high rise buildings, take note.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Mar 4, 2010, 1:26 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1111 views)
Shortcut
EARTHQUAKE WARNING - Those living in high rise buildings, take note. Can't Post

There is a BIG Tsunami Earthquake coming anytime NOW according to Malay Mail & Bernama. According to the meteorological department, the Tsunami Earthquake is going to hit Padang, Indonesia & will be felt by Malaysians from Perlis to Johor Bahru. So those of you living in high rise buildings, to be on the safe side, pack all your important documents, money, etc in a small bag in an easily accessible place so that you can grab & run. As for your pets, get your carriers ready so you can also grab them & run.

When Bali was hit by a Tsunami few years ago, we were living on the 10th floor of Winner Heights Condo, Desa Petaling. And at about 12 - 1 a.m., the building started swaying for about 5 mins. The bed swayed, my hangers in my closet swung, speaker on the stand moving back & forth. We were very disoriented because we just woke up from sleep. We managed to get dressed, grab our cat & shoved her in a carrier, banged on the door for my brother who refused to wake up, used the lift (which was a big mistake, should have used the stairs* instead) & run out to the ground floor where there was already a huge group of residents from all the other blocks, all panicking. Actually, if the building had fallen, everything we did, would have cost our lives because we were just too darn slow!

So those of you who just want to be on the safe side, just get everything ready. Although it is said that high rise buildings are normally built to withstand earthquakes & so on, it has not been proven & also, Malaysia has never had earthquakes so we would never build buildings to withstand earthquakes. Those of you living on top of a hill or at the edge of the hill in a high rise, just be extra careful. Those on flat ground probably won't feel much but we will never know until it actually happens.

* We read in reports later that an old man died of a heart attack after running down 10 flights of stairs because of the same tremor. So, what is the moral of the story? Go figure.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Mar 4, 2010, 1:52 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my