Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Can puppymills/ByBs be eliminated?

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2010, 5:44 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2313 views)
Shortcut
Can puppymills/ByBs be eliminated? Can't Post

Since the majority of members in this forum are dead against puppymills and bybs including myself as well, I think they can be eliminated. How?

First of all we know the objective of this type of establishment. Profits. We cannot prevent a person from operating a business, but when you open shop for business you must have a license. Therefore the local authorities must be involved and the ROC perhaps.

Secondly MKA has to cooperate. How? If the litter is from a puppymill registration fees are triple irrespective of the status of the owner.

When cost of production is increased, automatically pet shops will have to pay a higher price for supplies. And I know for a fact that puppymills or pet shops do not pay more than RM450 for a puppy of 6/7 weeks old with pedigree and no more than RM300 for puppies w/o pedigree.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 7, 2010, 10:37 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] Can puppymills/ByBs be eliminated? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, Preachin' To The Lord!

NO - there is no way to eliminate them.

Responsible breeders are ALREADY breeding as many pups as they want to or can breed. They only have a limited number of b*tches & most are not breeding as a primary income source (and many are losing money). With a sudden "shortage" of pups, where do you expect the pups to meet the demand will come from?

Commercial breeding (legal) will increase. More puppymills (illegal) will form - backyard breeders will see a new source of income and will become adept at hiding their breeding efforts. Breeding of that style will simply be driven underground, will develop a black market & in the end, increase drastically as prices soar.

The only way to decrease backyard breeding and puppymills is to remove the market through EDUCATION.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my