Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
5 month old beagle

glennfidich
New User

Jan 4, 2010, 6:00 AM

Post #1 of 6 (8180 views)
Shortcut
5 month old beagle Can't Post

Hi there. I've got a 5 month old beagle who pee's and poo's on our front porch(same area) everyday. When taken out for walks he does not even go any single time.We have a garden but he refuses to do it there. He does pee in the garden sometimes(rarely) but never poop's there. Where can i get a odour remover in klang? Any advice much appreciated.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 4, 2010, 7:34 AM

Post #2 of 6 (8177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glennfidich] 5 month old beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

You should try walking him more often & longer or as soon as he finishes his meal & drink, take him out until he sh*ts & pees but make sure you make him do it on grass ONLY. Do NOT correct him if he does it in the wrong place in your porch because that would just confuse him since he's already been allowed to do there many times so just try to prevent him from doing there by bringing him out every two hours or something like that. If you want him to do it in your garden, put a fence around it & put him in there until he does his business. Soon enough with patience and everyday practice, he will get it.

To get rid of the urine smell in your porch, you can mop or wash that area down with bleach & water or you can get one of those desensitizers at any pet store or the Urine Off Odor & Stain Remover spray. It's very good!

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 4, 2010, 8:07 AM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2010, 8:15 AM

Post #3 of 6 (8168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] 5 month old beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

Pardon me for butting in. I would have done it an other way. Since the dog will pee occasionally on the grass but not poo. Why not pick up the poo from the porch and put it in the garden, then washing clean the porch with either bleach, vinegar. With a leash lead the dog to the spot where you placed the poo, let him sniff. It might work. What says you? Here again it is up to the owner how determine he/she is and what level of knowledge he/she has on house training/breaking.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 4, 2010, 9:05 AM

Post #4 of 6 (8158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] 5 month old beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

We all have our own different ways of training/housebreaking a dog but let's leave it up to the owner to choose which ever way works for h/her lifestyle & dog. :)

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 4, 2010, 9:06 AM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2010, 9:35 AM

Post #5 of 6 (8149 views)
Shortcut

My strenght is not in training, but because of my experience with canine related matters plus common sense as well as trial and error I am quite comfortable and confident in what I am doing.

I took up showing way back in the 60s. No body taught me how to show a dog, but I observed the winer/owner; their handling, pacing stacking eventually I succeeded.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

glennfidich
New User

Jan 5, 2010, 3:24 AM

Post #6 of 6 (8123 views)
Shortcut

Thanks a bundle guys for the advice. Much appreciated and will let you know if it suceeds.Cheers.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my