First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 1, 2010, 11:46 AM

Post #1 of 178 (37480 views)
Shortcut
English Bull Terrier breeder in Penang, Malaysia Can't Post

Hi,

My name is Jason Lim and I have imported 7 bullies from UK and 1 bitch from Australia todate.
I currently have 2 males and 3 bitches in my kennel.
The sire of my bullies are famous Champs from UK whose
lines are from Bullyview, Emred, Kilacabar etc which are very much sought after.
I am also currently importing 1 dog pup from UK for my friend.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2010, 5:39 AM

Post #2 of 178 (37386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jason Lim] English Bull Terrier breeder in Penang, Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

I read your posting in 'members introduction' section and thought you might like to look at this lady. Her name is Patches, she belong to an Australian couple in Melbourne. They have returned to their homeland in 2008. The pet was with me for about 2 weeks in preparation for the journey home.

I also noticed that you are an enterprising as well as enthusiastic exhibitor of MKA Championship Dog Shows. Good for you.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 23, 2010, 12:12 PM

Post #3 of 178 (37378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] English Bull Terrier breeder in Penang, Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for the pic of Patches, she is a very good specimen of the breed. Very nice feminine head, nice front, shoulder well laid back, body nicely tapered and well sprung, tail well carried and set low.
How did you find having Patches with you for 2 weeks.
I believe it would be a very refreshing experience.

take care and thanks for the pic again.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2010, 1:27 AM

Post #4 of 178 (37358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] English Bull Terrier breeder in Penang, Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Can you please tell me how did you put the pic of Patches in your post as I am new to this website.
I understand that if I use Photobucket it will only show a link to the pic but yours shows an actual picture.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 2:08 AM

Post #5 of 178 (37355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jason Lim] English Bull Terrier breeder in Penang, Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Its simple. 1st u download whatever photos into Photobucket. when download is complete the pix appears. Right click mouse copy and then go to your post and paste. That is how I do but my sons said WRONG. Who cares right or wrong so long I got the pictures where I wanted it & that's all it matters. Best you limit the size of pictures. Compress to web publishing.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 3:19 AM

Post #6 of 178 (37351 views)
Shortcut

Son just taught me the correct way.

'I understand that if I use Photobucket it will only show a link to the pic but yours shows an actual picture'.

When you see the link click "PREVIEW POST" button and the picture will appear.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2010, 4:39 AM

Post #7 of 178 (37345 views)
Shortcut

i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad59/Jasonlim/th_ChBullbritLittleBigHornatBullyview-.jpg

The above is a pic of the grandad of a pup I'm bringing in from UK. Hope the pic comes out alright.
Anyway thanks for the help. I will get my son to show me how to do it if it does not turn out. ha..ha.. our youngster are definitely better than us when it comes to IT huh..

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 4:46 AM

Post #8 of 178 (37341 views)
Shortcut

no pix lah only the link did you click preview post after pasting the link. you use the last link from picturebucket.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 6:04 AM

Post #9 of 178 (37337 views)
Shortcut

The above is a pic of the grandad of a pup I'm bringing in from UK. Hope the pic comes out alright.
Anyway thanks for the help. I will get my son to show me how to do it if it does not turn out. ha..ha.. our youngster are definitely better than us when it comes to IT huh..
Since the photo did not appear I took the liberty to do it for you.

Please note above message was posted by Jason Lim.

(This post was edited by Knotidoc on Jan 24, 2010, 6:08 AM)

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2010, 6:50 AM

Post #10 of 178 (37326 views)
Shortcut

Thanks mate ! I think I have got the hang of it now.
Above is one of my bullies grandad !
By the way how did you find Patches being with you for
2 weeks ?

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 8:03 AM

Post #11 of 178 (37316 views)
Shortcut

I did not find patches. Patches found me. I stay in Subang Jaya Selangor. I was a very successful and well known breeder of an ultra challenging breed. This particular breed I think has the most faults, most cosmetic defects and also the worst of its kind amongst the dog kingdom. Eventually I surrendered and conceded defeat. I diversified and converted the facilities available into Home Based Boarding. It was tough in the beginning. At a later stage by words of mouth, through recommendations plus my years of experience with dogs I was doing fine especially with expatriates. Patches will come for boarding whenever there was a long week-end. When the couple had to return home to OZ they asked me to arrange for Patches to be taken home. FYI I provide trainning for show dogs and also basic training for other dogs. When I said basic I mean stay sit come in out and heel. Show dog training is a different kettle of fish. You must know who your opponents are and what you are up against. I don't show the judge the beauty of my dogs, bcoz he has seen it as soon as you walked into the ring. I hide the faults or at least tried my utmost best and also not too obvious. Import & Export of dogs to any part of the world I am also well versed with documentations and procedures.

1962 untill 2002 I was an avid exhibitor of all MKA Championship Shows. Never missed one. One day trip to Penang or Johore was like cruising down the river.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2010, 10:14 AM

Post #12 of 178 (37308 views)
Shortcut

Wow !!! Hope I can learn a few tricks in showing from you if possible ! Sifu !
I intend to start showing again this year after a lapse of a number of years now ! With my current imports coming of age I expect to travel down to KL for the ABC Shows.
One thing I notice when I was at the shows was there were doggy politics and that's something I don't feel comfortable with !

The most important thing to me is getting public awareness about bull terriers and to dispelled the wrong myth about them.

I am also very interested in slowly building a strong community of real bull terrier lovers who are really dedicated to the breed.

Maybe we can have a cuppa when I am in KL if it's ok with you.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 6:36 PM

Post #13 of 178 (37286 views)
Shortcut

You are welcome any time. When is the next ABC Championship Show and where is the venue? By the way, if the show is in KL I suggest ( for those interesting in winning ) you come on a Saturday arriving 4.30-6.00PM you could park your dogs at my place and then check into the hotel near by. Collect your dog(s) next morning and then to the venue.

There are plenty of advantages in this theory.

'I am also very interested in slowly building a strong community of real bull terrier lovers who are really dedicated to the breed.' Please don't waste your precious time on this concept. Have a heart to heart chat with a GR breeder by the name of Gan Wee Yet or Gopi Krishnan on 'sausage dog'. or better still Tan Teik Poh in Penang. He has a pet shop in McAlister Road. Listen to what they have to say and I think you will agree with me.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2010, 11:49 PM

Post #14 of 178 (37274 views)
Shortcut

Will let you know when and where is the next ABC Show when I find out.
Thanks for the info and invitation.
Take care and don't let the rude 'know all' ruffle your feathers !

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 25, 2010, 5:04 AM

Post #15 of 178 (37254 views)
Shortcut

If you intend to show again, best you join as a member of MKA and I think you are because of your imports and registrations.

I know for a fact that the first ABC Show ALWAYS w/o fail falls after CNY.

My feathers are well seasoned. If we really have the chance to meet up you will be surprisedSly

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 27, 2010, 1:52 AM

Post #16 of 178 (37197 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

My friend just informed me that the coming 286th & 287th ABC Championship Show will be held on Saturday 6th. Feb, 2010 at AUTO-CITY, 1688-F8, Jalan Perusahaan, Auto City North-South Highway Juru Interchange, 13600 Prai, Penang at 4 pm.

My MKA membership have expired and my imported bullies have yet to be registered so I it's going to be a super mad rush to try to get everything done before the closing date on 30th.Jan, 2010.

One plus factor for the shows is that it is held and 4pm which is good for outstationed exhibitors but now the rules are very strict as handlers must be a registered MKA member and several other regulations are also imposed which I believe is for the betterment of the shows.

Hope to be able to show my imported 16 months old dog and my local bred 2 year old bitch and meet lots of bull terrier lovers at the shows !
Would be great too if can meet you at the shows !!! Frown

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 27, 2010, 11:20 PM

Post #17 of 178 (37170 views)
Shortcut

Hey, good luck to you & your dogs in the dog show! We won't be there. A bit too far for us. We might be able to make it for the March one though. I heard that it will be held in KL. I can't wait to show my puppy again! He has hardly any coat right now so we're giving him this SUPER supplement made in Japan. I hope he will look his best for the next show.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 28, 2010, 2:52 PM

Post #18 of 178 (37147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] English Bull Terrier breeder in Penang, Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks !!! It's been so long since I last shown my bullies and I hope I don't make a fool of myself as I feel I'm quite rusty. Just got to know about the show and I don't have time to prepare at all but since it's in Penang I'm going to give it a whack and get all warm up for the next show. Hope to see you and knotidoc in KL in the next show. BTW what's the secret formula you are giving your babes from Japan ?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 28, 2010, 9:39 PM

Post #19 of 178 (37140 views)
Shortcut

I just got to know about this product through an American Cocker Spaniel breeder in Malaysia. He's one of my contacts in Facebook. Yeah, everyone's on FB lol! He introduced me to it the other day.

It's called 'Power BALANCE Collagen' made specifically for Showdogs. It's supposed to be quite famous & most show people are using it in Indonesia, Taiwan, Singapore, etc. It's quite new in Malaysia & it's not very cheap. Paid RM200 just for two boxes & inside one box only got 30 satchets. Giving my puppy, River three satchets a day. It is to improve muscle tone, flexibility in tendons, structure, skin, coat, leg probs (eg: east & west) & so on.

I can forward you the original email I got from this person so you can read more about it. Can I have your email pls? Thanks.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 28, 2010, 9:42 PM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2010, 12:43 AM

Post #20 of 178 (37130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] English Bull Terrier breeder in Penang, Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

U will find Jason's e-mail as well as his mobile in Members' Introduction thread.

When it comes to dog shows I believe strictly in advanced preparation. There is no 2 ways about it and certainly no short cuts. Some of these so called 'Formula' has short term effects and there are harmful additives.

If you want muscle tone, nothing better than to trot your dog on a bicycle starting from the beginning for 2km and eventually up to 5km. The speed should be determined by the dog's most graceful gait in the show ring.

I know what you meant by east west. It can be hidden but not for long. That is why after the parade the judge will ask individual exhibitor to make a triangular run and this is the time he will pick up all the faults.

Anyway my days in the show ring are over.

Of course I know what is UTI in fact in one of my posts I did mention uninary track infection except it should be tract instead of track.

I don't know a thing about ABC shows organised by MKA nowadays. Five or six years ago Classification was based on KC standards then it was changed to FCI. This was done with a purpose plus a hidden agenda. GSD was taken out from the working group and placed in Herding. Win every time hands down! The cake was divided before the show and amongst those in power & their cronies they already have decided who gets this piece on this occasion and the next piece goes to who.

I had my share of glory the honest and genuine way. Line up for the presitigious BIS yes but getting it NO.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 29, 2010, 6:34 AM

Post #21 of 178 (37113 views)
Shortcut

I am giving my dog this supplement because I would like to see some improvements in his coat especially. A/C should do the job BUT we cannot afford to leave it on 24/7. The bill will come up to RM1000+. It has happened once before & we just don't have the money to pay that kind of bill every month. And no, there is nothing wrong with our meter. It has been checked. We're just people who like to leave computers & TVs on standby. lol! River does weight pulling once in a while & I see a little improvement so far in his muscle tone.

He is 'out of coat' right now due to the heat so I'll give him anything that is good & that I can afford that will help his coat look long & lovely again. I will admit that my dog is not the best you'll see in the ring so I'll do anything I can to make him look the best he can be. My handling is still not very good but I do get help from my mentor when we're at the show. He advices on how to run him properly, hold the leash correctly, etc.

Hey btw, I've been wanting to ask you this question for some time - What do you think of today's GSDs?

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 29, 2010, 6:49 AM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2010, 8:02 AM

Post #22 of 178 (37097 views)
Shortcut

IMHO A/c is not exactly the proper place to improve the coat appearance of a dog and for that matter any other dogs. There is definitely no substitute to daily grooming plus massaging.

By March your pet River, Am I right that you will be showing him? should have his coat back and hopefully I make myself known to you at . Who is your mentor by the way? I don't think it is Gan Wee Yat, Could it be Dr.Kuan or Freddy Lim?

Today's GSD as a show line or working line? If you want to know about the working line log on to 'Nightwatch'.

Show line GSD to day is nothing compared to The Swan necks of yester years. I used to call them banana dogs and the Datuk took offence very much when I saw him and greeted him How's your banana dog to day? They have angulation, too exaggerated. Movements somehow is not natural. When you look at their gait from behind majority of them will sway from left to right and right to left.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2010, 9:28 AM

Post #23 of 178 (37095 views)
Shortcut

Work line GSD. This is the link http://www.nightwatchk9.com/index2.htm

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 29, 2010, 10:45 PM

Post #24 of 178 (37068 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I am definitely showing him this coming March & I hope his coat will be thicker & nicer then.

Yeah, I meant the today's GSDs that are being shown. Well in my opinion, there are some good ones & there are some bad ones. It's not the show ones in general that are bad, but the breeders & judges. Some breeders have taken the breed standard out of context & don't work their dogs, hence the over sloped backs. Insult to injury is the breeding of unstable, fearful dogs.

The AKC standard. Note the dog in the picture is nothing like what you generally see in the ring.
http://www.akc.org/...epherd_dog/index.cfm

A very nice illustrated standard explaining why everything should be as the standard asks.
http://www.shawlein.com/..._Page/Index_Page.htm

Most GSDs from show lines don't have the structure or the drive for protection work. You might be able to train one in a sport like Schutzhund, but I doubt it would excel. The rear movement of those dogs are so wobbly I always think they're going to fall over.

I am ALL for dogs that can do the job they were originally created to do & if I were to get a GSD, I would get one from Germany with strong working lines.

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 29, 2010, 10:52 PM)

ghostrider
Novice

Jan 30, 2010, 5:08 AM

Post #25 of 178 (37045 views)
Shortcut

Hello knotidoc, sure nice to know who you are as you seem to know your way around the block. I, too am intrigue to find out who our fellow member mentor is as I am very certain it is not the 3 individuals you have mentioned, anyway I know it is definitly not one of them. Maybe I see you at the next show. Regards.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my